Thread: New auction house system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Default New auction house system

Had an idea for a new way of selling/buying things. An ebay type system! Or more of an auction house rather then a consignment shop.
    Players can add items and set the starting bid price.
    Pick how long they want the auction to last.
    Set a reserve price, if desired. Because who wants to end up selling their (insert awesome item name) for 1 gold
    And let the bidding begin!
    To keep players from bidding on there own items a set percent of commission can be deducted from the finale sale price. So, yes, a player could bid on an item with an alt to try and drive the price up but they would risk losing the sale and the commission money because they end up with finale bid.
    If a player did set a reserve price and that price is never reached then they get the item back with no money lost.
    Buyers could also have the option to enter highest amount they are willing to pay and the system would then auto bid for them, like on ebay, this way they don't have to just sit around waiting to see if they get out bid.

Maybe some buyers will get an awesome deal on items and maybe sometimes bidding wars will take off and seller would make a great profit!

Maybe all this isn't worth it, but hey, just sharing an idea I had to mix up the buying/selling world of AL.
    Last edited by Clickbangboom; 12-09-2016 at 12:21 PM. Reason: added some stuff

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clickbangboom For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

As long as they leave regular selling this is a great idea. Lets players that don't know exactly what their item is worth sell without the possibility of listing for a extremely low price. Also it would allow for a safer sale of gear when you aren't sure the market wants the item you are selling. (since gold would be deductible from the final sale price only) Also it should possibly cost a little bit of gold to set a reserve price otherwise i can see that being exploited.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts

Not very useful if your bulk selling elixirs or stuff like that. I would prefer fast, consistent sales over longer lasting, over the shop sales.
    - (un) Retired -

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hail View Post
    Not very useful if your bulk selling elixirs or stuff like that. I would prefer fast, consistent sales over longer lasting, over the shop sales.
    What if its only an option? If you dont know the price of your item then just make players bid for it on auc, but if you have a price in mind then just post it

Lol ebay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Very good Idea, I love bidding.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Clickbangboom View Post
    Had an idea for a new way of selling/buying things. An ebay type system! Or more of an auction house rather then a consignment shop.
    Players can add items and set the starting bid price.
    Pick how long they want the auction to last.
    Set a reserve price, if desired. Because who wants to end up selling their (insert awesome item name) for 1 gold
    And let the bidding begin!
    To keep players from bidding on there own items a set percent of commission can be deducted from the finale sale price. So, yes, a player could bid on an item with an alt to try and drive the price up but they would risk losing the sale and the commission money because they end up with finale bid.
    If a player did set a reserve price and that price is never reached then they get the item back with no money lost.
    Buyers could also have the option to enter highest amount they are willing to pay and the system would then auto bid for them, like on ebay, this way they don't have to just sit around waiting to see if they get out bid.

Maybe some buyers will get an awesome deal on items and maybe sometimes bidding wars will take off and seller would make a great profit!

Maybe all this isn't worth it, but hey, just sharing an idea I had to mix up the buying/selling world of AL.
    Your idea is very good, how about the same cards as the house to leave an offer to the seller? Just an idea.

Enviado de meu SM-G920I usando Tapatalk