Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cursed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Cursed

We ar running maus 1, op party, rogue over 2100 dmg almost 6000 health, 2 warr over 9000 health, mage over 2000 dmg 5000 health, and baaaah- cursed , all dead, is it normal ? I think no, its a bug. Dear sts ar u going to do something about it ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default Cursed

Did rogue use charged auto attack to try and stun? Did one of the warriors use horn? Did the mage fireball or ice? Did anyone think to use nilbog or glow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zaocajede For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

That's average party not op lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zaocajede View Post
    Did rogue use charged auto attack to try and stun? Did one of the warriors use horn? Did the mage fireball or ice? Did anyone think to use nilbog or glow?
    In Mausoleum 3/4 you can die from curse before your instincts tell you to use nilbog AA.. sometimes when the mobs get pulled in you can't even spot the mage. It is very strange that just by shooting uncharged aimed you can die before it's shot )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default Cursed

Quote Originally Posted by Elichka View Post
    In Mausoleum 3/4 you can die from curse before your instincts tell you to use nilbog AA.. sometimes when the mobs get pulled in you can't even spot the mage. It is very strange that just by shooting uncharged aimed you can die before it's shot )
    You're right.

Op Is talking about maus 1 which is not much harder than graveyard

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

If you dont know your skills, no amount of hp, str, or armor will save you when you get cursed. If you are running random maps, save your ankhs by investing in nilbog or glowstik. Things get trickier in the mausoleum
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

It's not a bug.

Some things that work with me when encountering undead mage:
    - if mage is out in the open (front of the mob) kill it first with aimed shot, mage lightning/fireball
    - if mage is hidden in th group of loads of mobs, make sure they get stunned. Your mages must go forward and fireball them and any pets that can freeze or stun multiple targets deployed as soon as they reach the group (Breeze, Slink) then rogue must kill mage while stun/freeze in effect
    - if the mobs where mage is hiding can't be stunned (you have no stun pet, no mage in party, or your party mage is a scaredy cat who stays back from the melee uselessly spraying everybody with heal every now and then), cull the surrounding mobs and kill mage as soon as he is in a clear line of fire. If mobs are thick my rogue usually goes around shooting nox and SSS until I can single out the mage. Warrior windmill and skysmash help too, especially since with the right upgrades skysmash stuns as well.
    - don't come near the mage because this triggers curse. Only come near when he is stunned and/or have low enough hp to be killed with a single melee attack.
    - this doesn't always work with PUGs, but tell your mage not to heal, ever. It gets confusing when you see a heal among the mob and think you've missed an undead mage there. But seriously, if a mage refuses to respec to remove lifegiver and max out on offensive skills and mastery, they're only endangering everyone else on their party in mausoleum. Same goes with rogue medic pack.
    - if you spot a purple witch, kill it first. Your high dmg rogue and mage are useless when the witch reduced their dmg to just under 200, so it takes ages to kill an undead mage.
    Last edited by ilhanna; 12-10-2016 at 07:16 PM.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ilhanna For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elfugo View Post
    We ar running maus 1, op party, rogue over 2100 dmg almost 6000 health, 2 warr over 9000 health, mage over 2000 dmg 5000 health, and baaaah- cursed , all dead, is it normal ? I think no, its a bug. Dear sts ar u going to do something about it ?
    Look! It is that post again.
    We reached the bottom of the crises but don't worry - we are still digging.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Just use Dragon Blades on Mausoleum, then You'll be ok. The proc would save you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zaocajede View Post

Ice doesn't work for the undead mage, but gale does.... You don't even have to wait for it to charge

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Maus 1-2 mobs as a rogue is pretty much solo-able . U jst need pets like slink, breeze, nilbog. Ur first target should be killing mage, then rogue, then tanks.

Bt if u r in pt, do the same as others said. Tell mage/tank in pt to stun the undead mage, kill the mage using a rogue nd u can easily run maus.

Ps. I have still nt unlocked maus 3-4, too lazy lol. So dont knw abt them.

Sent frm the grave using tapatalk
    AL:- Ign:Reanimatedlee(endgame rogue)/ Jewelfarming(nab tank)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

i like those little cursed mages ... they are pretty much the only challenge of the expansion?!??
    im usually up front setting the pulls, so always on the lookout, will stop the pulls short or isolate the little b*****s and stun them ... then let the dps do their work. If i see the words "you are cursed" pop up on screen theres usually just enough time to evade them, but you gotta be fast
    Sometimes they pop my cherry and im like "dohhh"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

I'm sure this is a bug since curse reflects damage done and rogue autoattack simply can't do over 5k of damage per hit.

edit: this problem exists since planar tomb 2 boss and its still unfixed to force spending them ankhs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alwarez View Post
    I'm sure this is a bug since curse reflects damage done and rogue autoattack simply can't do over 5k of damage per hit.

edit: this problem exists since planar tomb 2 boss and its still unfixed to force spending them ankhs
    If sts wants curse to be like this how can it be a bug?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Why mage curse skill doesn't reflect 3x damage then?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greoatef View Post
    i like those little cursed mages ... they are pretty much the only challenge of the expansion?!??
    im usually up front setting the pulls, so always on the lookout, will stop the pulls short or isolate the little b*****s and stun them ... then let the dps do their work. If i see the words "you are cursed" pop up on screen theres usually just enough time to evade them, but you gotta be fast
    Last part made me laugh xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alwarez View Post
    Why mage curse skill doesn't reflect 3x damage then?
    I'm sure they balance player abilities different than mob abilities.

Enough people have complained about curse for sts to have looked into it. If I remember correctly they've already nerfed it once when graveyard came out.

What people are complaining about isn't a bug. It may sometimes be frustrating but Sts obviously wants it like this and it's up to you to figure out how to deal with it.

Think of graveyard and maus 1/2 as training grounds for the higher levels. Refine your mage strategy there because you're going to need it later on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greoatef View Post
    Made me chuckle on that last part lol

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

These curse-mages are very fun to deal with. It makes me practice my combo as a rogue. These are probably the only challenge in this map, boss are easy, mob pulls are easy. Try to use nilbog (sometimes I use blinky) 😄

Sent from my T1 7.0 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

This is my strategy versus curse mage.....

If he is isolated I take him down with an aimshot.

If he's within a mob, I wait for either Breeze freeze, fireball or gale attack by mage, or if stunned by pet or proc, then I attack him ferociously, otherwise I attack him from a distance like a coward.

Further note : make sure you don't pull them witches when curse mage is around, makes killing him that much harder. If witches join the melee, you need a mage in your party to hit gale, ice them witches, til rogues have dealt with curse mage. Tanks, please hit horn when curse mage joins melee, don't waste it on boosting our HP, we got pots. Those 2 seconds are enough for mages and rogues to gang him.

As a rogue, I always try to keep an eye on that curse mage, and when he's vulnerable, I pounce in for the kill!

Skill and experience will get you through this expansion.
    Last edited by Terminhater; 12-12-2016 at 09:23 AM.
    You want mana? Here have a BANANA