Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 83

Thread: My opinions on the Mage Class and a fix

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    38
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    8
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

    Lightbulb My opinions on the Mage Class and a fix

    remove thread
    Last edited by Cara; 12-30-2016 at 03:36 AM. Reason: More clarity in the title

  2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cara For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Senior Member Lawpvp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,861
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    55
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    251
    Thanked in
    132 Posts

    Default

    Rogues are oneshot through nekro shield. Mages werent meant for 1v1. Mages were broken last cap and rogues weren't used, I can see why a mage player would want this to return.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lawpvp For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Senior Member resurrected's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Guild Hall
    Posts
    2,859
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    279
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    378
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

    Default

    Crit loss is mostly because of eye gems. Mages with imbued set filled with full eye gems could reach very high % of critical especially if set was tactic. Now you Also can reach good crit but it will cost you huge damage, HP or both loss. We got jewels now to get stat we wish. It's not same as eye gem but now at least its mostly affordable to all players.
    Rogues can one shot but they Also can be one shotted. Mage always have spot in PvP and always had. It wont change. With or without speed set mages are powerful class especially in clashes. Speed will cost you stat, choose is up to players to use it or not.

  6. #4
    Senior Member mrm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    " "
    Posts
    650
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    11
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    79
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

    Default

    can not wait to see where this thread ends up taking bets bets offers are
    *nothing wrong with mages
    * "thread closed folks due to drama"
    * "Mages are perfectly fine,isn't that the reply mages gave to rogs"
    *Mages need a buff
    *Buff curs
    *"Just make a new rogue toon"
    winners gets a ghost gun vanity,steel heroc vanity and undead mask <3
    *" you'll be oky"

    GL to all magesq
    Last edited by mrm; 12-17-2016 at 03:42 PM. Reason: addid famous justg qoute

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to mrm For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    Forum Adept Chocolaty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    392
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    160
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    127
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrm View Post
    can not wait to see where this thread ends up taking bets bets offers are
    *nothing wrong with mages
    * "thread closed folks due to drama"
    * "Mages are perfectly fine,isn't that the reply mages gave to rogs"
    *Mages need a buff
    *Buff curs
    *"Just make a new rogue toon"
    winners gets a ghost gun vanity,steel heroc vanity and undead mask <3

    GL to all mages
    1m on thread closed due to drama.
    #Bluelivesmatter #StopTrashTreads2017 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF5...BTc_Pp4oWa2kwQ

  9. #6
    Senior Member resurrected's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Guild Hall
    Posts
    2,859
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    279
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    378
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrm View Post
    can not wait to see where this thread ends up taking bets bets offers are
    *nothing wrong with mages
    * "thread closed folks due to drama"
    * "Mages are perfectly fine,isn't that the reply mages gave to rogs"
    *Mages need a buff
    *Buff curs
    *"Just make a new rogue toon"
    winners gets a ghost gun vanity,steel heroc vanity and undead mask <3

    GL to all mages
    another possible reply is
    You'll be fine

  10. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    44
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    11
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

    Default

    Sigh, you clearly dont know the pvp aspect of this game, mages are as close to balanced as can be, i think mages are too op vs tanks, so i chose my battles and therefore do not vs good mages.

  11. #8
    Guardian of Alterra Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    25,281
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,648
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,877
    Thanked in
    2,945 Posts

    Default

    Mages are balanced right now. They were never meant to replace rogues. Right now, a balanced team consists of 2 tanks, 2 rogues and two mages which is pretty balanced.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

  12. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    123
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    37
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Mages are balanced right now. They were never meant to replace rogues. Right now, a balanced team consists of 2 tanks, 2 rogues and two mages which is pretty balanced.
    Um 2 tank 2 rogue 2 mages = 6 player team? Since when is tdm or ctf a 6 player team?

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Azebor For This Useful Post:


  14. #10
    Senior Member resurrected's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Guild Hall
    Posts
    2,859
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    279
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    378
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azebor View Post
    Um 2 tank 2 rogue 2 mages = 6 player team? Since when is tdm or ctf a 6 player team?
    He might talking about battleground that coming soon.
    Edit : anyway mages have their space. They don't need buff nor nerf.

  15. #11
    Guardian of Alterra Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    25,281
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,648
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,877
    Thanked in
    2,945 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azebor View Post
    Um 2 tank 2 rogue 2 mages = 6 player team? Since when is tdm or ctf a 6 player team?
    I meant you can switch around 2 rogues or 2 mages and have 1 rogue and 1 mage or vice versa.

    Ex:

    Team A: 2 rogue 1 mage 2 tanks
    Team B: 2 mage 1 rogue 2 tanks

    Sorry, my bad!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

  16. #12
    Senior Member yubaraj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    807
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    12
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    73
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

    Default

    Whatever. Mage is the weakest and rogue is the op class.

    However I am not complaining because mages still have place in clash.

  17. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    123
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    37
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yubaraj View Post
    Whatever. Mage is the weakest and rogue is the op class.

    However I am not complaining because mages still have place in clash.
    "DoT Immunity" is the newest nail in the coffin for mages after stun/freeze immunity shields/removal pets have nerfed the aoe damage/cc ability of mages. Pets are quickly starting to make mage skills worthless, better to just bring a rogue to nuke.

  18. #14
    Senior Member Instanthumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Big Island
    Posts
    3,928
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    379
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    701
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

    Default

    Mages are perfectly balanced right now, this is coming from a mage. It is true, often times you find yourself getting one shot by rogues even with shield. However, there are many options available for our class to stop that from happening, for example, the often overlooked shield mastery or allocation of stat points. Be creative - you are a mage.

    I suggest you wait things out for a bit. Decent geared mages have a solid 25-27% crit chance... even more with arcane armor, and that's pretty good. Once the community reaches level 4 in the lightbearer thing, you can use the gear from there. Have you even seen them? Imo, they're op. With that gear, mages will be running around with about 50% crit on average.

    Instead of creating a thread on how horrible mages may seem, it would be much better to make one on how overpowered rogues are right now. Even rogues agree with this statement. You may feel weak and vulnerable as a mage, but if you get better at this game (and have decent party members), you'll find that you rarely die in pvp. Get gud

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Instanthumor For This Useful Post:


  20. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    64
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    10
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Default

    have u tried fighting rogue with glowstick aa?

  21. #16
    Banned xxalivexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    417
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    24
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Mages are balanced right now. They were never meant to replace rogues. Right now, a balanced team consists of 2 tanks, 2 rogues and two mages which is pretty balanced.
    You must mean one mage, in a clash id prefer 1 tank, 3 rogues, 1 mage, or 1 tank, 2 rogues, 2 mages, or another tank in replace of a mage.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  22. #17
    Senior Member Instanthumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Big Island
    Posts
    3,928
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    379
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    701
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xxalivexx View Post
    You must mean one mage, in a clash id prefer 1 tank, 3 rogues, 1 mage, or 1 tank, 2 rogues, 2 mages, or another tank in replace of a mage.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Your preference is just a preference. The best team compositions are always situational.

  23. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    44
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    11
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xxalivexx View Post
    You must mean one mage, in a clash id prefer 1 tank, 3 rogues, 1 mage, or 1 tank, 2 rogues, 2 mages, or another tank in replace of a mage.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Even though instant is right about most of the times a teams composition being situational i tell you that you will get farmed by a two tank 3 dps team any day if you use 1 tank only, if they halfway know what their doing and dont jugg while half a map away from enemy team as ive seen some tanks do.

  24. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    190
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    20
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

    Default

    Mage need a total rebuild :

    First of all mage have weak TIMED defense. Tank have armor and healt rogue have dodge , mage have a stupid timed defense. u can be full exquisite full gear and kill a weak rogue but after few sec u have no shield and easily u got shooted (time defense suffer heavily from speed set runner because they activate your defense then run and have only to wait shield go down and pic easy annoying kill).
    We need a passive defense depending on mana .
    like reduction damage base on mana cap, 9k mana is damage reduction multiplied x9 ,2k mana 2 multiplied and so on.
    an efficiency based on mana level. So when u have 100% mana bar u have reduction at full efficiency when u 50% u have your shield weakened at 25% mana u have no protection.
    This shield dipends on int so all class will benefit but mage get a big advantage in this tipe of defense .
    So shield skill have to be removed from game and mage now can use 3 slot for attack skill, so he can chose to save mana for defense or rain skill for do big damage. I think that make make PvP experience more attractive and have to be tested for garanting balance. This is only an idea so u can use another model of defense but make a defense mechanic based on primary of mage and not affected by time.

    My English need a big fix too, so forgive my many mistakes.

  25. #20
    Guardian of Alterra Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    25,281
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,648
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,877
    Thanked in
    2,945 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dispressor View Post
    Mage need a total rebuild :

    First of all mage have weak TIMED defense. Tank have armor and healt rogue have dodge , mage have a stupid timed defense. u can be full exquisite full gear and kill a weak rogue but after few sec u have no shield and easily u got shooted (time defense suffer heavily from speed set runner because they activate your defense then run and have only to wait shield go down and pic easy annoying kill).
    We need a passive defense depending on mana .
    like reduction damage base on mana cap, 9k mana is damage reduction multiplied x9 ,2k mana 2 multiplied and so on.
    an efficiency based on mana level. So when u have 100% mana bar u have reduction at full efficiency when u 50% u have your shield weakened at 25% mana u have no protection.
    This shield dipends on int so all class will benefit but mage get a big advantage in this tipe of defense .
    So shield skill have to be removed from game and mage now can use 3 slot for attack skill, so he can chose to save mana for defense or rain skill for do big damage. I think that make make PvP experience more attractive and have to be tested for garanting balance. This is only an idea so u can use another model of defense but make a defense mechanic based on primary of mage and not affected by time.

    My English need a big fix too, so forgive my many mistakes.
    Dodge doesn't work against skills in PvP. If mages have weak defense, then what defense do rogues have? We've been over this and I had to play mage to prove people wrong. Sorcerers are just fine right now.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Need combos for each class for 80 int pvp mage
    By Coolaid90 in forum PL General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-13-2016, 06:49 PM
  2. Purchased gear pack from itunes store gives gear for wrong class
    By Daphne in forum PL Technical Issues and Bugs
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-15-2014, 09:06 AM
  3. New Promo Gives Wrong Wepon (class)
    By Knockador in forum AL General Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-22-2012, 03:11 AM
  4. mage class
    By Zaratoe in forum Enchantress Class Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-16-2011, 11:59 AM
  5. FYI: Glyph Items for Wrong class
    By Arod8ball in forum PL General Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-02-2011, 06:20 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •