Thread: Evaluation of the 2016 winter event

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Default Evaluation of the 2016 winter event

Hi there,

I would like to point out the positives and the negatives of this event as a whole. Feel free to
    share your opinions and thoughts on this matter in order to improve this event and let the
    developers know how you, the player, think about this.

positives:

-Really nice vanities.

-The items worth looting in the new locked crates.

-The brooding grounds became more attractive for farmers.

-The ability to gain tokens outside of the event by fighting the frost fiends.

negatives:

-The token vendor doesn't contain valuable items for players to spend their tokens on.

-Tier rewards and the loot from the event as a whole mainly contains vanities in contrast to
    previous events from 2014. As new vanities in most cases have a nice design during the release
    of every new event, they are however not worth reaching the platinum tier. Platinum tiers used
    to have much more valuable rewards like the eye of syrillax. In my honest opinion, the platinum
    tier should contain at least a valuable pet egg or a special and limited multi-stat jewel which is
    very realistic since the release of the new order jewels.

-The only place worth farming at the moment are the brooding grounds, and this place
    does not even require energy to enter. In my opinion, the loot table should be upgraded
    in order to motivate non-lb runners to play the event more. For example, during the
    2014 winter event, syrillax used to drop an eye. Even though the chance to loot this
    item was very slim, it still motivated many players to run the event even though they already
    reached the platinum tier a long time ago.

-During the last few events the overall event rewards have been mostly vanities. I would suggest
    the developers to derive from this mentality since vanities do not statistically help players with
    playing the game in contrast to for example an eye of syrillax.

-Many players do not feel motivated because the tier awards mainly consist of vanities which yet again,
    may look nice, but do not add any statistic bonus in order to help the player to get stronger.
    Last edited by Kiritobozz; 12-21-2016 at 05:36 AM.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kiritobozz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Rewards that affect the gameplay (as eyes of syrillax previously) tend to yield much better events in my opinion.
    Great thread.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ydra For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kiritobozz View Post
    Hi there,

I would like to point out the positives and the negatives of this event as a whole. Feel free to
    share your opinions and thoughts on this matter in order to improve this event and let the
    developers know how you, the player, thinks about this.

positives:

-Really nice vanities.

-The items worth looting in the new locked crates.

-The brooding grounds became more attractive for farmers.

-The ability to gain tokens outside of the event by fighting the frost fiends.

negatives:

-The token vendor doesn't contain valuable items for players to spend their tokens on.

-Tier rewards and the loot from the event as a whole mainly contain vanities in contrast to
    previous events from 2014. As new vanities in most cases have a nice design during the release
    of every new event, they are however not worth reaching the platinum tier. Platinum tiers used
    to have much more valuable rewards like the eye of syrillax. In my honest opinion, the platinum
    tier should contain at least a valuable pet egg or a special and limited multi-stat jewel which is
    very realistic since the release of the new order jewels.

-The only place worth farming at the moment are the brooding grounds, and this place
    does not even require energy to enter. In my opinion, the loot table should be upgraded
    in order to motivate non-lb runners to play the event more. For example, during the
    2014 winter event, syrillax used to drop an eye. Even though the chance to loot this
    item was very slim, it still motivated many players to run the event even though they already
    reached the platinum tier a long time ago.

-During the last few events the overall event rewards have been mostly vanities. I would suggest
    the developers to derive from this mentality since vanities do not statistically help players with
    playing the game in contrast to for example an eye of syrillax.

-Many players do not feel motivated because the tier awards mainly consist of vanities which yet again,
    may look nice, but do not add any statistic bonus in order to help the player to get stronger.
    Quote Originally Posted by alphahero View Post
    Rewards that affect the gameplay (as eyes of syrillax previously) tend to yield much better events in my opinion.
    Great thread.
    events with rewards like this were also the topic of a lot of controversy for years to come. Hence the restriction of para/eyes to items lvl 46 and below. I'm sure this is what the developers are trying to avoid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Positives :-

► New Banner for plat Tier.

► New Vanity set at token vendor.

► New boss in brooding ground.

frost fiends drops tokens ?! (Guess my pets dont see it )

Negatives :-

► Not really good energy essence drop rate compared to previous event. Both the scales & essences r of same rarity(Epic) still the drop rate of scales seems to be high compared to essences.

► Gold Nekro looks like only for plat users. Even among plat users its just 4 of them in a day who can get it. As of my knowledge 60%(Approx.) r plat users. Wonder when will non plat users be able to get it. Even if a non plat users gets to own 1 surely the price is gonna be 10M+.

► No special vanity reward for LB runners. They r just running for a banner, they do need something more than a banner for spending their time n money.

► Plat tier has the same vanity reward except that its recolored. 12K points for plat tier n it ain't easy to reach, i do know its a 3 week event n 12K points is fair but still its hard for players who come online often to play by farming essences wherein the drop rates r too low.
    Last edited by Ceuidear; 12-19-2016 at 11:48 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ceuidear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Balance is also important, which can be tough to achieve.
    But a well-balance, well-deserved reward should definitely be implemented in future events.
    The community is always steaming with great ideas, and I'm sure we all have a few regarding possible rewards.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ydra For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lawpvp View Post
    events with rewards like this were also the topic of a lot of controversy for years to come. Hence the restriction of para/eyes to items lvl 46 and below. I'm sure this is what the developers are trying to avoid.
    Yes, there was a lot of controversy on the release of these gems. However this was because these gems gave the already elite players more power in order to negatively influence the pvp aspect of AL. Pve however remained mostly unaffected. This issue could have simply been resolved by implementing an automatic scaling system to gems like the eye of syrillax. Something similar to this system would be the arcane deary ring. It would also be possible to limit the use of these gems to a certain levelcap, just like what happened before with the eye of syrillax. My point is that there are many ways to implement the most suitable solution for problems like these. Simply removing the gems was just the more easy way around.
    Last edited by Kiritobozz; 12-19-2016 at 11:51 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Great thread.
    I completely agree

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Balance is also important, which can be tough to achieve.
    But a well-balance, well-deserved reward should definitely be implemented in future events.
    The community is always steaming with great ideas, and I'm sure we all have a few regarding possible rewards.
    Balance is key

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

2 years ago winter event was great i was running all time on that time all my friends was almost all time online ,, now i just run 3 times a day ,, becouse i do not find this event is good ,, i wait one year for this event and then i got normal event ,, hallawen event was same :,, i notice that devs are focus now for vanity and houses things ,,,in my opinion on this way that wont help this game to grew up ,, maybe who like new vanity and houses items will like this event

Any way this game worth to be much better i wish it will

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Didn't like how I came online and it was almost the end of the brooding grounds. I was at work ;(
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I missed brooding grounds entirely.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    I missed brooding grounds entirely.
    It ll appear more times. Krampus seems pretty common as far as event eggs go. But it's nice, cause more people get happy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    Didn't like how I came online and it was almost the end of the brooding grounds. I was at work ;(
    it was nice to get 1 energy essence per run aswell as 5 event points but the ingredients are dirt cheap so, u didnt miss much

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Redesign the platinum banner!
    Thats good idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xtian02 View Post
    Redesign the platinum banner!
    Thats good idea.
    whats wrong with it... Its the BEST banner we have ever gotten for ranking up in my opinion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrm View Post
    whats wrong with it... Its the BEST banner we have ever gotten for ranking up in my opinion
    Could be best? But 12k is too much to the point why bother running. No enjoyment there o well *puts on old banners*

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I dont know if its sarcastic or not lol.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why there's no Massive Heart Locked Create in EGG Bar event?? i got 2 Krampus but no one Massive Lock?? Update it. Thankyou!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

I don't see what's wrong with having vanities as tier reward, people seem to be really loving the snowglobe banner

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by epicrrr View Post
    Could be best? But 12k is too much to the point why bother running. No enjoyment there o well *puts on old banners*
    I have to agree that the amount of event points needed for the patinum tier is a little too much. In my opinion it should have been somewhere between 9k-10k.