Thread: Auction House Re-master!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default Auction House Re-master!

*DISCLAIMER*

-THIS IS NOT A COMMERCIAL OR ADVERTISEMENT, JUST AN IDEA!-

So during the past few days I've been noticing how auction house has been increasing drastically on high-demand items such as twilight locks, elixirs and even gems. This of course is due to the event happening now, so I would like to point out that the public chat is harshly running out of space for players to "successfully" read a shout message from a specific player. Most of these messages are meant to "sell" or "buy" some sort of item. And before all of you start with your "claptraps", let me say that I do know and I am aware that public chat IS meant for this and that I should be able to read all messages, but... What if that could be "easier"?

By this I mean a new trading system, one that doesn't really require much talking. Something simple to use with the proper guidance. Im pretty sure everyone here knows eBay right? Well, what if instead of messing around in auction house looking for a specific item's price or name, you could just hit their category in a simpler way?

The new system I am suggesting StS does require a lot of work, but at the end it is worth it as it makes our trading experience easier for many of us who spend a whole bunch of our time on the auction house.

After this long intro, here is what I would like to offer:

- Bidding: Looking for an item on auction house can be very hard sometimes, as some of these are known to have unusual appearance on there. But finally finding it and noticing an overprice is even more frustrating. What if you could set an item's price to (x) and make players bid for it? What if instead of repetitive lowballer encounters you could just step into direct buyers? Setting an item to a desired and or fair price has never been easier. *PLAYERS WILL HAVE THE OPTION OF SETTING NORMAL SALE INSTEAD OF BIDDING... Merching has never been harder.

- Section divider's: This of course, already exists. But what if instead of tapping/clicking multiple times to search for a certain rarity you could just list them out in the simplest way? Rarities on items go from lower to highest, some of these are encountered in the middle, like "mythic" for example... Anyone who posts below that they HAVE NEVER skipped by accident a rarity search is far beyond the level of lying. Im joking ok? I do know theres perfect humans playing this. Anyways, listing out rarities instead of tapping them will always be easier (less mistakes). Soon I will be making a prototype of this auction house concept, you will all have access.

Last but not least...

- Price ranges: This would probably cause outrage to many merchants or even players who manage the economy in a distant but effective way. Price ranges wont be the same as the "Fifa" ones (I use as an example this way since it killed the game's economy because of its horrible ranges). I mean to impose price ranges to deplete overpricers and bots passing gold through auction house items (other thread for that). These price ranges wont limit out the vast majority of items in the game, but will effectively let players know, they cant list a "common rarity" item for 20m! This price range change will in fact require the support of all of you since its purpose is not to limit out items that have earned its value through the game.

By all this I do hope to listen to all of your opinions.

Thanks, Sax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Aimsax; 12-24-2016 at 02:10 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Regarding "bidding", i would suggest bidding to be exclusive for 1m+ items. Imagine having to bid for an XP elixir or an energy kit or even a locked crate. Personally i think the current auction system works just fine, but making it easier would not be a waste of time. Not a bad idea overall.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RIP For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default Auction House Re-master!

Thanks for reply! I really missed out on mentioning players will have the ability of setting their sales as normal instead of bidding
    Last edited by Aimsax; 12-24-2016 at 02:11 AM. Reason: Response to RIP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts

I personally would like to see a Buyer's section where I can post an offer for an item I am looking to buy at a price of my choice. Basically works the same way as someone selling an item but it's reversed. Therefore if someone seen my offer and was looking to sell the same item, they can then select my offer and sell their item.

Example:
    PLAYER 1: Posts an offer for a Red Arlor Vest (rogue) 1,300,000 [IGN]
    PLAYER 2: Finds P1's offer and decides they are ready to sell the Arlor Vest for 1.3M --> confirms offer and receives 1.3M
    PLAYER 1: Receives Arlor Vest.

I feel this would be an awesome upgrade to the Consignment Shop as it basically helps people either buying or selling an item for a price they are happy with without the hassle of shouting in towns. I can understand that some people *cough* mercher's and trickster's *cough* will post pathetic offers for many valuable items but that does not mean there will be a lack of reasonable offers for everyone to find what they are looking for, whether it be some quick cash or a specific item.

*Forgot to mention, great idea's
    Last edited by Hail; 12-25-2016 at 09:00 AM.
    - (un) Retired -

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hail For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

This is the third thread with similar idea that I've came across in the past few weeks and will say again that I personally support them.
    Only a note - restrictions based on price value are not good imo - there are rare and epic collectioner items that cost a lot of millions. Also - the players are different - not everyone is rich, some will gladly bid/negotiate for items in 50k-200k price range, some even for lower priced items.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hail View Post
    I personally would like to see a Buyer's section where I can post an offer for an item I am looking to buy at a price of my choice. Basically works the same way as someone selling an item but it's reversed. Therefore if someone seen my offer and was looking to sell the same item, they can then select my offer and sell their item.

Example:
    PLAYER 1: Posts an offer for a Red Arlor Vest (rogue) 1,300,000 [IGN]
    PLAYER 2: Finds P1's offer and decides they are ready to sell the Arlor Vest for 1.3M --> confirms offer and receives 1.3M
    PLAYER 3: Receives Arlor Vest.

I feel this would be an awesome upgrade to the Consignment Shop as it basically helps people either buying or selling an item for a price they are happy with without the hassle of shouting in towns. I can understand that some people *cough* mercher's and trickster's *cough* will post pathetic offers for many valuable items but that does not mean there will be a lack of reasonable offers for everyone to find what they are looking for, whether it be some quick cash or a specific item.

*Forgot to mention, great idea's
    so player 1 asks for an item x price player 2 sells it and player 3 gets it??! seems like an good deal for player 3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Mery christmas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nevercan View Post
    so player 1 asks for an item x price player 2 sells it and player 3 gets it??! seems like an good deal for player 3
    It all happens between player 1 and player 2 (who is "x" as it can be anyone) since player 1 requests an item for desired price and player 2 has the choice to trade it in for the requested gold. Understand? Sorry its kinda messy but so simple!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nevercan View Post
    Not even close to what hail said.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JesuisCharlie View Post
    Mery christmas
    Happy holidays!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    Not even close to what hail said.
    Reread what hail said and you'll get it lol. It wad a joke.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts

My bad! Thank you for clearing it up.
    - (un) Retired -

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Great ideas. But for bidding to work there HAS to be a fee for sucessful bids added on the final sale. Otherwise everyone will bid on their own items to bump price.

Also setting a max for rarity wont work as someone already said. Some rare epics go for millions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Also please can you add a notification of some sort to let u know when something sells. Would improve playing experience greatly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

What do I do if I accidentally buy an overprice item in auc