Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The real problem with PvP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Sts should add free Ffa map, as all 6 or 10 players join, match starts and you if you dont Ffa, you get +1 death every 5 secs lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Why doesn't STS disable public chat in pvp arenas? No more need to say go. People don't really talk anyways besides trash talking and saying go so if got rid of it, all you'd need to focus on is fighting. Not to mention it would makes games go quicker. If you have a problem with someone, PM them and duke it out in a 1v1 arena.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    I gave u a thx and thumbs up +100
    but then u can't use ur founders

how will u ever beat ffabrutal without it?

NEW IGN RAGGADORR | I LOVE MYSTICALDREAM

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iceQueen69 View Post
    but then u can't use ur founders

how will u ever beat ffabrutal without it?
    idk man maybe i can blackmail cinco into giving me some kind of advantage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingFu View Post
    i think pvp is good but it needs fixing

first i think they should remove dodge and replace it with a new stat called freeze. freeze will prevent ur character from doing anything until you click the screen 10 times. freeze will be a %. this would be good because freeze would take out some of the luck of dodge but also still have some. freeze would also add skill mixed with luck bc if you get lucky to freeze other guy it still requires skill to click screen fast. like how lonearcher used ot be good.

the other thing is to remove vanities from pvp. vanities show wealth of players either in game or irl. bc of that vaniites create different social classes in pvp. watch join pvp game with no vanity u get rushed 10 times out of 10 times. removing vanities means everyone is on an equal playing field. some may say this is communist pvp but i think it'd help make more fun for everyone.

also make everyone have same skills. add beckon stomp rage and iron blood from bear fire lightning mana shield and rev from mage and repulse root blast and focus from bird. ignore rhino and fox bc no one plays those. now everyone has same skills and basicly have one class like dl which everyone knows is best sts game. now everyone is equal with same skills and no fancy vanity.

also remove trees bc screw foliage.

go pl go
    Cinco needs to see that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingFu View Post
    i think pvp is good but it needs fixing

first i think they should remove dodge and replace it with a new stat called freeze. freeze will prevent ur character from doing anything until you click the screen 10 times. freeze will be a %. this would be good because freeze would take out some of the luck of dodge but also still have some. freeze would also add skill mixed with luck bc if you get lucky to freeze other guy it still requires skill to click screen fast. like how lonearcher used ot be good.

the other thing is to remove vanities from pvp. vanities show wealth of players either in game or irl. bc of that vaniites create different social classes in pvp. watch join pvp game with no vanity u get rushed 10 times out of 10 times. removing vanities means everyone is on an equal playing field. some may say this is communist pvp but i think it'd help make more fun for everyone.

also make everyone have same skills. add beckon stomp rage and iron blood from bear fire lightning mana shield and rev from mage and repulse root blast and focus from bird. ignore rhino and fox bc no one plays those. now everyone has same skills and basicly have one class like dl which everyone knows is best sts game. now everyone is equal with same skills and no fancy vanity.

also remove trees bc screw foliage.

go pl go
    Removing vanities is a horrible idea. Firstly, the opponent can see your gear so if they know their stats, they have an advantage. I never put vanities on my 22 up until a week or two ago, and I never got rushed. Secondly, I like having the privilege to wear something I earned or saved up to buy, if you don't have the cash for vanities, oh well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buchmeister View Post
    Removing vanities is a horrible idea. Firstly, the opponent can see your gear so if they know their stats, they have an advantage. I never put vanities on my 22 up until a week or two ago, and I never got rushed. Secondly, I like having the privilege to wear something I earned or saved up to buy, if you don't have the cash for vanities, oh well.
    Was laced with sarcasm
    nothing lasts forever

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I knew this was coming lmao

9. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    I knew this was coming lmao
    I thought you would agree with him :T

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

U missed the nice sarcasm and it's not really nice intent behind, infect though I always expect the whole community go against my nice idea that they themself asked for long (high dodge nerf), its as expected and nothing wrong in it to oppose as I'm asking this time and this time dodge supported their favourite class. That's the reason I'm saying tht this time the hypocritical point got its peak, when they all together either support high dodge now (ironny is they all hated high dodge in past) and describe this as just negligible like a small issue that has been always with pl. Though many more to come and oppose the idea, then the fun would be at its peak though
    Last edited by Waug; 12-29-2016 at 10:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

XD @ Kingfu. But on a more serious note, I think we should have different gear that reduces the enemy's dodge, crit and hit. Like one set that reduces dodge, one set that reduces crit and another that reduces hit, for each stat (INT, STR and DEX). Or maybe rings can do this as well (Read the last part of the thread where I introduced this).

I dunno how this will turn out but it looks like it might be interesting. Also it completely rules out the 'go' system because your team mate's gear affects your enemy's performance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    U missed the nice sarcasm and it's not really nice intent behind, infect though I always expect the whole community go against my nice issue fixing idea, its as expected and nothing wrong in it, but this time the hypocritical point got its peak, when they all together either support high dodge now (ironny is they all hated high dodge in past) and describe this as just negligible like a small issue that has been always with pl. Though many more to come and oppose the idea, then the fun would be at its peak though
    You do know that sarcasm doesn't work with text?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

U missed the nice sarcasm and it's not really nice intent behind, infect though I always expect the whole community go against my nice issue fixing idea, its as expected and nothing wrong in it, but this time the hypocritical point got its peak, when they all together either support high dodge now (ironny is they all hated high dodge in past) and describe this as just negligible like a small issue that has been always with pl. Though many more to come and oppose the idea, then the fun would be at its peak though
    Let me dissect this because apparently you think you are perfectly understandable. Please explain what does "it's" refer to. Are you saying that Glad's post was not nice or that Buch's wasn't nice? Infect = In fact?

Onto logical reasoning and flow of ideas: you say that "this time the hypocritical point got its peak," which I am assuming you mean that we are going too far with our statements that they are becoming hypocritical. However, may I ask what removing vanities have to do with us supporting high dodge? I really really lost you there.

Hypocrisy is defined as act or acts that directly oppose to your words/actions. Let me give you an example: when you say that mages "hide more than <Family> and then you go ahead and hide in the following fights, that is hypocrisy, and thus you would be hypocritical. This is "supposedly" a hypothetical situation, but I beg to differ; that statement, in it of itself is a different discussion.

Okay, so now, does wearing or not wearing vanities directly oppose to our support of high dodge? I don't see the connection here Waug.

Also, as a general rule of thumb, the word "all" is too general. Do you know everyone's opinion on high dodge? It may even be a stretch to say most of us hated high dodge: you think the majority of bears in 76/77 cap hated high dodge? Don't judge everyone is the bottom line.

The last thing I would like to point out is the ambiguity in "though many more to come." Who or even what are you referring to; in other words, who or what is coming? Are the people who support your dodge nerf coming en masse or are the people who oppose your dodge nerf coming?

I haven't mentioned the EXTREMELY long-winded sentences with odd placement of punctuation. One sentence literally conveyed so many different things in such a disjointed manner: I lost you before the second comma.

Thankfully, your post is quite short, so I can do this critique because the previous posts have been verbose and circumlocutory. In merely three lines of text, not only are people confused, but also turned off by your language. Please Waug, explain your points in SIMPLER ways. PLEASE. I want to hear what you want to say, just convey it with more succinct and logical phrases.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sheugokin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

In one sentence, you ingroned the points because as usual those points r so much logically correct that you don't have any logical point against it, and this time poor English is the excuse

I've learned English from pl, you guys could not teach me well I see.
    Sorry for the double post, but I didn't find anything major in this post that I could not understand (just one spelling mistake which I totally understand). THIS IS WHAT YOUR POSTS SHOULD BE; simple. SIMPLE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sheugokin View Post
    Sorry for the double post, but I didn't find anything major in this post that I could not understand (just one spelling mistake which I totally understand). THIS IS WHAT YOUR POSTS SHOULD BE; simple. SIMPLE.
    Shoe, you're England is worstest
    nothing lasts forever

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Burningdex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Well, well it's not English only, you need to use ur brain to get the classy things. But you want it to be simple then, totally focus on this and make analogy of it -

The community complained about dodge for long, now dodge is itself at it's peak (simple - highest dodge than ever now) rather than complaing about the dodge why ya trying to support it? What's the reason? Because this time dodge favoured OPness of mage? Sake of argument? Or for what?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Well, well it's not English only, you need to use ur brain to get the classy things. But you want it to be simple then, totally focus on this and make analogy of it -

The community complained about dodge for long, now dodge is itself at it's peak (simple - highest dodge than ever now) rather than complaing about the dodge why ya trying to support it? What's the reason? Because this time dodge favoured OPness of mage? Sake of argument? Or for what?
    What's with you and dodge? Don't you realise that birds have more dodge than mages when buffed? I've seen you play lately and all you do is rush in and spam skills and hope that the opponent dies. Maybe if you knew how to play bird, I would give your posts some credibility, disregarding how badly you're posts are constructed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

An analogy is a comparison between two ideas or things. They can be similar or opposing, but there is something that ultimately connects them. Where is the analogy? When did I fully support it? I also claimed it was OP.

And what are your last two questions asking; again, dangling modifiers/phrases. Does "Sake of argument" refer to my argument that indeed mages are OP? or does it refer to yours? WHO IS ARGUING WHAT; BE CLEAR.........

Or for what? WHAT IS THIS EVEN SAYING? Waug, you have quite a condescending tone, but you can't even justify it (not like a condescending tone is ever justified, but you don't give a valid attempt in using it).

And why are you criticizing my brain? How much do you even know about me? Currently I am a freshman at Princeton University with a full ride; I don't think my brain is the issue. In fact, if you say my brain needs to get these so-called "classy (awkward use of the word) things," then I am assuming that you think much of the community have some sort of problem with their brain as well because they, too, cannot understand your English well.

ALSO, how would I understand these "classy things" if you cannot use language to convey your ideas. I DON'T UNDERSTAND YOUR LOGIC. What do you want me to do? Speak your native tongue?

I am trying my very best to not stoop to your level and start criticizing you with some very untrue statements. Be careful what you write, especially online, because it never really gets deleted from the forums.
    Last edited by Sheugokin; 12-30-2016 at 01:15 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bazinga! View Post
    What's with you and dodge? Don't you realise that birds have more dodge than mages when buffed? I've seen you play lately and all you do is rush in and spam skills and hope that the opponent dies. Maybe if you knew how to play bird, I would give your posts some credibility, disregarding how badly you're posts are constructed.
    And you talked about FFA system all the time. Birds had dodge buff since beginning, mages never had that because they have other buffs, don't try to manipulate the simple fact.

The rest of the post is just a 'rage post' & tbh my posts are always full of logics and to the point, go read those back. It's different matter that you don't have nothing nogical to say against it now. Thx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sheugokin View Post
    An analogy is a comparison between two ideas or things. They can be similar or opposing, but there is something that ultimately connects them. Where is the analogy? When did I fully support it? I also claimed it was OP.

And what are your last two questions asking; again, dangling modifiers/phrases. Does "Sake of argument" refer to my argument that indeed mages are OP? or does it refer to yours? WHO IS ARGUING WHAT; BE CLEAR.........

Or for what? WHAT IS THIS EVEN SAYING? Waug, you have quite a condescending tone, but you can't even justify it (not like a condescending tone is ever justified, but you don't give a valid attempt in using it).

And why are you criticizing my brain? How much do you even know about me? Currently I am a freshman at Princeton University with a full ride; I don't think my brain is the issue. In fact, if you say my brain needs to get these so-called "classy (awkward use of the word) things," then I am assuming that you think much of the community have some sort of problem with their brain as well because they, too, cannot understand your English well.

ALSO, how would I understand these "classy things" if you cannot use language to convey your ideas. I DON'T UNDERSTAND YOUR LOGIC. What do you want me to do? Speak your native tongue?

I am trying my very best to not stoop to your level and start criticizing you with some very untrue statements. Be careful what you write, especially online, because it never really gets deleted from the forums.
    Calm down, and this long post didn't answer any of that I asked -
    The community complained about dodge for long, now dodge is itself at it's peak (simple - highest dodge than ever now) rather than complaing about the dodge why ya trying to support it? What's the reason?
    Take ur time & answer, and I've edited out my assumptions now, so that you can answer freely.
    Last edited by Waug; 12-30-2016 at 01:33 AM.