Thread: Invalid Password

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Invalid Password

I'm getting an 'Invalid Password' message when I try to lock a game. It has been working on the second attempt each time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Same
    PL - BreadKeeperzz - 55 Bear -=- BreadKeeper - 53 Mage -=- SirKeeper 10 Bear
    SL - Keeper - Commando -=- SirKeeper - Engie
    Guild - Atomic Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I was going to log this bug, bit you found it first! As far as I can tell, there is a conflict between continuing password locked games and outstanding friend requests. Here's how to reproduce it (100%):

1. Launch Star Legends version 1.0.2.2 (68315.71020.70287).
    2. Start or resume a game with any player character.
    3. Create or join a password locked multi-level dungeon instance (Dynastar, Red Sun, etc.) on any level except the last. Note, this bug appears to involve the password lock, so the instance must be locked with a password for this bug to manifest. The passwords I have tested this with have been simple; four characters or less and all lower case.
    4. Clear the current level and when prompted, choose to proceed to the next stage. Do not choose to return to base.
    5. Notice that you do not proceed to the next level. Rather, you receive a prompt displaying the message "Invalid Password" (or similar) and are returned to the main "Continue/Enter Base" screen.

Good find!

EDIT (10/2, 00:38): Removed references to the game's notification system (previously reproduction step #3 and other description). Further testing has shown no relationship between this bug and the notification system. Thanks to Hullukko, CanonocalKoi, and others for verifying this!

Additionally, this bug is still present after content update 70394 (2011-10-01), whatever that one fixed!
    Last edited by thequickone; 10-02-2011 at 02:58 AM.

PL: Thequickone warrior, Torrenz archer, Faebronia enchantress/main
    SL: Thequickone commando, Torrenz operative, Faebronia engineer/main, Helpdesk <PiF> engineer

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thequickone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Dunno about the friend requests, but I always have them. But the same thing happened to me yesterday. Got an invalid password when we proceeded to next map in a game that I hosted.

Another anomalous bug happened, too. One that might very well be ralated to the same issue:
    - I hosted a game for a few guild mates. We completed the map, I think it was the scorcher.
    - I moved onto the wasted. Guys did't show up and I waited a little longer.
    - No one showed up so I decided to just follow them by joining one of them.
    - To my surprise they were midway in the wasted and even a bigger surprise was that /h showed me to be the host. I.e. the game had forked?
    SoiledPants 41 eng, NoPants 41 op, PoofyPants 41 com, Hullukko (retired) 56 mage, NoPanties 21 vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I just got the same bug. Cleared solo a lvl proceeded to next and had the invalid password msg.

I used the password Can
    Directly after that i tested with another password and i had no problems.
    I used the password Can again and had the invalid password msg again.

At all times i had 1 pending friend request.
    I cant believe its the password, but just want to share my expierience.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

I just tried with a level 6 character, no pending friends requests, and my usual solo password ("Brat")--got the invalid password thing and that was while trying to create a locked game in the first place. Area used was Dynastar 1st level. Same thing with a level 23 with no friends requests--couldn't even make a locked game.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi:433193
    I just tried with a level 6 character, no pending friends requests, and my usual solo password ("Brat")--got the invalid password thing and that was while trying to create a locked game in the first place. Area used was Dynastar 1st level. Same thing with a level 23 with no friends requests--couldn't even make a locked game.
    Hmmm... Interesting, very interesting... *twiddles fingers under chin* Did you have any other notifications active at the time? Maybe this is a more simple bug than I thought, and then maybe just involving the password mechanic. I still need to log back on and experiment (while looking for bbq stuff!)...

SL: Thequickone commando, Torrenz operative, Faebronia engineer/main, Helpdesk <PiF> engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thequickone View Post
    Hmmm... Interesting, very interesting... *twiddles fingers under chin* Did you have any other notifications active at the time? Maybe this is a more simple bug than I thought, and then maybe just involving the password mechanic. I still need to log back on and experiment (while looking for bbq stuff!)...
    Nary a one. Logged on and immediately tried, so no messages pending and I have quests and what-not notifications turned off. (Sorry for the delay--was off playing bagpipes.)
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

UPDATE: OK, you were correct, CanonicalKoi. It doesn't seem to be related to notifications. Even with no active notifications, I am getting the invalid password window between maps in at least the Dynastar campaign when I have locked with a simple password. Also, it doesn't seem to matter who set the password, all appear to be affected at transition. Need to do more research... Is everyone getting this, or is it sporadic? All campaigns? Any other instances; i.e., password not used, transition to base, etc.?

I have also edited my bug description above to reflect the current knowledge of this bug.
    Last edited by thequickone; 10-02-2011 at 02:40 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Experiencing the same problem too for past week or so. Used a password with less than 4 characters and after first run, either get booted out of the game, invalid password and sending various members to different levels within Slouch-O. This happens repeatedly until the last run. Funnily enough we managed to enjoy one good run through Slouch O without being ditched to the ends of the universe lol.

Please devs...hope you can sort this out. We get non members jumping in on runs when other members have been separated from us and transported somewhere else. Do not leave us in the position of being flamed when we ask other non guild members to leave to make way for the missing members to return. Much appreciate it
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=55820&dateline=131330  4259
    NIKE | Guild Master | Comm . Op . Engineer
    V for Vendetta

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Wow, not just us then Quick.. is a funny one mind.. and only ever happens with my PiF alt.. weird. =/

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o