Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 168

Thread: Eggstravaganza 2.0

  1. #41
    Senior Member Avaree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4,246
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4,750
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,892
    Thanked in
    1,307 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    they disagree because some from day one...have always farmed certain things..and when things lose value...and plummet... they get upset that they have to change the routine...games evolve..and the game needs to change...as it always has been since day 1 of AL.

    example: locks in tombs.
    Being you said they, you automatically included me in your comment, because I disagree with another eggstravaganza. Changes are always great, as long as the changes don't have a negative impact on the game. The eggstravaganza was cut short because it did have a negative impact on the game. This is my view on the eggstravaganza:
    - populating a 3-7 day event where all types of eggs drop, kills the future of farming for those eggs, gives zero reason to run the maps where those eggs drop, or purchased through vendors with teeth, fragments, or coins. Why farm when you there is little reward for your efforts?

    In order for a game to evolve, the game needs to remain attractive to all players (new and old).



    #noeggstravaganza2.0
    Avy
    12-2012

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:


  3. #42
    Senior Member thekragle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Southern Cali
    Posts
    502
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    160
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

    Default

    I gotta agree with the naysayers. The only benefit to this event happening is for players that didn't run it last time and need a ton of pets to finish their collection.
    And for those that think you can make gold off round 2 of this event, think again. The market will be so flooded that even the best of eggs will be worthless due to over supply.

    I see far more harm than good to the game and the players in it, if this event happens.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to thekragle For This Useful Post:


  5. #43
    Star Guard octavos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Playing AL more then SL atm.
    Posts
    3,997
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    894
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,054
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    Being you said they, you automatically included me in your comment, because I disagree with another eggstravaganza. Changes are always great, as long as the changes don't have a negative impact on the game. The eggstravaganza was cut short because it did have a negative impact on the game. This is my view on the eggstravaganza:
    - populating a 3-7 day event where all types of eggs drop, kills the future of farming for those eggs, gives zero reason to run the maps where those eggs drop, or purchased through vendors with teeth, fragments, or coins. Why farm when you there is little reward for your efforts?

    In order for a game to evolve, the game needs to remain attractive to all players (new and old).



    #noeggstravaganza2.0
    since you quoted me, i'll elaborate on your concern. Things that are in the game for a long time and "eggs" are the largest driver and what AL is all about. Most maps are easily farmed as new caps and old elite become obsolete (so really even I can farm with my bad gear lol). Events are for the profit of the players who run the event (here and now). so new players to AL have to pay the "noob price" to more experienced players. Holding value for really old eggs is not proper logic...like buying a PS2..when there is a PS4 in the market..it doesn't hold it value.

    now an event that last a week is a bit out of control...3 days max (a weekend thing) like plat sales..wow a week will not really achieve the goal of this thread, and why many opposed it. but the bright side to this is even new plays can have something to shoot for, and benefits the community as a whole.

    impact are for the merchers...ONLY...not for players XD...so really...it halps players become better..even a bit of extra cash as they play AL. need gold..buy plat, so easy lol.

    #yesto2.0andhelloAvaree
    Last edited by octavos; 01-05-2017 at 12:07 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

  6. #44
    Senior Member Back's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,092
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    89
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    145
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    Being you said they, you automatically included me in your comment, because I disagree with another eggstravaganza. Changes are always great, as long as the changes don't have a negative impact on the game. The eggstravaganza was cut short because it did have a negative impact on the game. This is my view on the eggstravaganza:
    - populating a 3-7 day event where all types of eggs drop, kills the future of farming for those eggs, gives zero reason to run the maps where those eggs drop, or purchased through vendors with teeth, fragments, or coins. Why farm when you there is little reward for your efforts?

    In order for a game to evolve, the game needs to remain attractive to all players (new and old).



    #noeggstravaganza2.0
    Being you said they, you automatically included me in your comment, because I disagree with another eggstravaganza. Changes are always great, as long as the changes don't have a negative impact on the game. The eggstravaganza was cut short because it did have a negative impact on the game. This is my view on the eggstravaganza: [/B]
    Valid point but biased.

    You pointed out the negative: Economy
    I'll point out the positive: Quality PvP matches, PvE runs, Duels, cheap eggs, more gold in your hand to buy other stuff.

    This is not in direct response to Avaree's post

    Every time a thread like Eggstravagnaza or New Twink gears pops up, they are down voted by the most players. Reason:

    a) Eggstravagnaza:

    1. They spent millions on those eggs and some are hoarding lots of these eggs and if the said event takes place again, they'll be in loss.

    I'll feel sorry for the people who purchased those eggs to use it but you had early access to that pet than most players. Cherish it.

    2. Crate popping won't be profitable.

    Not every egg has to drop, some of them like Gold Nekro and event exclusive pets can be kept off the loot table.

    3. Negative impact on game economy.

    Cheap prices for pets means a lot more players are able to afford them, meaning fairly increased quality of PvE runs etc.

    b) Twink Gears

    I got no words for the people who don't want to see Twink Gear. Their reason is: The reason to make a twink means not having to constantly update gear. Last time I checked 2 years is a long time, so your point is invalid. Back in 2014 anyone can make a new twink as the gear availability was quite high. These days, to make a twink you have to wait for a response on your thread in "Trader Section" or sit at Pier the entire day trying to find the pieces without actually finding them and in turn wasting your time. Those who paid millions of gold for their gear, know this: Your PvP kdr is the result of your investment in that gear, and they served you well (Hope so). Do you guys buy a phone and hope that it'll last forever? No, you buy it, use it for 3-4 years at best and then replace it. Are you wasting money by replacing it? No, that phone served you well just look into your Call Log, messenger history, Brower history(LOL) and everything else you did with your phone. Go my point? If u don't then u are just ignoring the fact.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Back For This Useful Post:


  8. #45
    Senior Member Ardbeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,061
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    877
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,191
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

    Default Eggstravaganza 2.0

    Economy is not an unimportant point in this discussion. If everyone gets anything without effort in events, pve farming will be meaningless and pvp players can gamble for weapon awakenings instead of eggs as sts as a business has to look for other ways to generate revenue. To be clear, i don' t hoard eggs, i just don't want to see the pve side of this game going down the drain for no reason. I would much rather prefer to make the best eggs rare drops in deeper dungeons to revitalize pve in the long run. Otherwise people will only log for events. Check your friend list...

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:


  10. #46
    Senior Member GoodSyntax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,835
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,519
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,689
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

    Default

    Unfortunately, I missed Eggstravaganza 1.0, and as much as I need better pets, my opinion is instead of eggs raining from everywhere, I'd rather see a "chance" as a reward for level appropriate maps and elites.

    Maybe something like a portal chance after a boss kill where you get to face a random, appropriately leveled boss (no lv26 Stabb's trying to fight a lv61 party), that will drop a random egg. An alternative could be a daily/weekly quest for a random egg, but the requirements for the quest would be like 10 Elite Glintstone boss essences, meaning you actually have to run it, not just log on to 20 different alts daily. This way, the market won't get flooded, but those that work hard could loot a decent pet, or at least have the chance to turn a good profit.

    As much as I would love to be able to buy a bunch of really cheap arcane pets, I think it is not beneficial to the economy. On the flipside, pet hoarding and exclusivity does not help the game either. Arcane egg inventory should be steadily introduced (think drips, not a flood), Mythic eggs should be introduced slightly faster, etc., because afterall, eggs are a consumable commodity in game. Once a pet is hatched, it is no longer available. As new players come in to the game, there will be steady demand. As much as the merches and 1%'ers may complain, attainability is an important ingredient in the game.

    The more the best items/pets concentrate into a smaller and smaller pool, the worse the game dynamic becomes. Best gear isn't something that everyone should just get automatically, but grinding, saving and luck should count for something too. I still remember during the Shuyal expansion when Samael was 30m+, Kershals/Mauls even more, but the best elite loot was worthless, it just felt like you could never get there, no matter how much you worked at it. With the huge chasm between Arcane and Legendary gear, what ended up happening is that the hardcores continued to run, because that's what we enjoy, and a good percentage just threw their hands up and went inactive because they didn't see any way to improve. These players already had a full Architect set and Archon ring (the best Legendaries attainable), but Arcanes and even most Mythics were simply out of reach; thus, no incentive to continue running. The only alternatives were to merch, which means contribute more to the problem than the solution, or pop Locked and keep your fingers crossed. Gameplay must amount to something, and must be a viable method to advance in game (which is why I like the rank system). If 24x7 gameplay does nothing other than add to your death count and reduce your savings (pots/ankh/elixirs), then what's the point?

    A balance can be achieved. Unless inventory is slowly being added, prices will continue to skyrocket and wealth will just concentrate even more, leaving a larger and larger gap between the rich versus competent, avid gamers.

    AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:


  12. #47
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Default

    I gotta say having the egg event helped people get better pets which increases their ability to run harder maps it's not like all can pay 9 million for a hisha there is nothing to farm try locks meh not really worth it.
    You will spend 3 mouths grinding slowly trying to make a profit.
    Km3 getting shut down really killed the market made lock farming obsolete. SNS before event and ren.gols cost 12+ million what the hell.
    Nekro price was down because ren.gols were getting farmed and to many arcane were dropping made vials 120k fossil 300k no way to make gold u fixed that sts with the new locks.
    To be honest I don't want to see nekro at 6 million unless there is a way for players to farm for him. I.e locks won't cut it
    nekro right now is 3+ million no way u can get it without buying platinum or merching and that takes capital

    All in all the egg event sounds good but like others were saying make it a 3 day event over the weekend. I want good pet's I just don't wanna break my real life wallet

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Coffeekiller For This Useful Post:


  14. #48
    Senior Member megative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    639
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    28
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    15
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

    Default

    IMO, hardcore players or as much as I want to say plat users have so much drama to this event. Cant argue with that 'coz they using money. But lets get straight to the fact that AL was a pay to win game. I even started season1 and witnessed upto now what happens to the game. Lets just say that STS gave free players what they dream about and you wont say plat users or hoarders didnt run the event. They say they lose for buying an specific egg thats just because some players just cant wait to have it or spend much for an event egg but surely they run the event and obviously they can say they didnt loot a good egg or nah.

    No hate 1love

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to megative For This Useful Post:


  16. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    708
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Default

    Yes: pet prices already dropped from 100m/80m/50m/30m/10m/3m in just a 2 year span. Plat sale was held last december and prices were steady till now. If pets will be sold with a platinum price tag which coerse with gold prices, market fluctuations will be sent to a minimum or none entirely. If anybody wants a pet and has money to do so, they can buy them if they want to. The event is also limited so long term effects should'nt be a problem. There's no downside for price drops either, not everybody can afford to buy plats and if they do this event, I'd say put eggs on minimum numbers sold each day and not all at once. That will funnel potential price fluctuations and market prices steady.

    If hoarders held pets back, its their problem, prices won't go up anytime soon and since the game's gold economy is dwindling, there's no point holding on and waiting for prices to go up.

  17. #50
    Member craylax's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    53
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    17
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Default

    for me not again. but then i like the idea of this event. what if there's a special mob/boss like krunch II or bael II that can be spawn very rare in any map that will have a chance to drop gold, good weapons, vanities, special chest or other good stuffs.

  18. #51
    Senior Member Rakuuun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Somewhere you've never heard of
    Posts
    511
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    84
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    16
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

    Default

    i'd would say yes. i just dont understand why some people really care with economy of this game.
    this is just a game. if everyone happy with it why not ?

  19. #52
    Senior Member thekragle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Southern Cali
    Posts
    502
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    160
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rakuuun View Post
    i'd would say yes. i just dont understand why some people really care with economy of this game.
    this is just a game. if everyone happy with it why not ?
    The economy is everything. Hard to obtain items and the grind to get gold, creates challenge. Without challenge and the desire to want to try to get the best stuff and make gold so you can buy the best stuff, players will become bored and unmotivated to buy plat or farm.
    If everything is cheap and easy the game will suffer and so will the players.

    And if players aren't motivated and buying plat there will be no game.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to thekragle For This Useful Post:


  21. #53
    Senior Member mrm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    " "
    Posts
    650
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    11
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    79
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

    Default

    as much as i want to see thing lets keep 2.0 for September i woul rater like to see a housing thief event where he can drop anything from deeds(both hous and loctions) to a simple mug :3 housing is content that most wants to enjoy but really cant due to the price range and the over priced plat some stuf cost

  22. #54
    Senior Member intizamfamily888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,515
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    239
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    131
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rakuuun View Post
    i'd would say yes. i just dont understand why some people really care with economy of this game.
    this is just a game. if everyone happy with it why not ?
    Alot ppl do care since there are so many gold sellers on Line and Facebook>.>

    Gesendet von meinem ASUS_Z00AD mit Tapatalk

  23. #55
    Star Guard octavos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Playing AL more then SL atm.
    Posts
    3,997
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    894
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,054
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thekragle View Post
    The economy is everything. Hard to obtain items and the grind to get gold, creates challenge. Without challenge and the desire to want to try to get the best stuff and make gold so you can buy the best stuff, players will become bored and unmotivated to buy plat or farm.
    If everything is cheap and easy the game will suffer and so will the players.

    And if players aren't motivated and buying plat there will be no game.
    In most games for android or ios...there is no trade center..or places to sell your stuff...you just earn it and move on. Even if devs did away with the trade center entierly...the game would still flourish. Only sts games or order and chaos game has these mechanics. Anything that helps the majority will always help the game.

    This is also why pocket legends moved to stash or trade all items. It helped out the majority as a whole. But meh, ill just see what the devs do. Its there game lol...im just here to play it.

    Even a houseing event...with "houseing invintory addition tickets " would be fantastic. Somehting to farm because my home is to barren.
    Last edited by octavos; 01-08-2017 at 01:29 PM.

  24. #56
    Junior Member Xxsilencexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Your moms house
    Posts
    34
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Lmao you must want the economy of eggs to go to crap
    -1

  25. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    946
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    93
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    141
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    These instant gratification events are too tailored to the millennial players who have entitlement right issues. A slow but worthy grind for something you want is the right direction for the game. Crate token system for Arcane pets is already good enough to bring pet prices down to farmable prices. Abtignome/banished sets were unicorn priced and worthy to farm as well before the thief came about. I highly recommend against these types of events from surfacing again for the greater health if the economy and the game experience.
    Translation: The rich wants to remain rich forever and doesn't condone equality
    POTATO ISH ME

  26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Potato is me For This Useful Post:


  27. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,089
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    185
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    536
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

    Default

    Maybe this can happen if eggzavier only spawns in the hardest elites (maus 4, because I doubt 5 will be unlocked). That way you can't farm one egg every 3 minutes or so. It may also help getting the mausoleum boss count up.

  28. #59
    Senior Member Rakuuun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Somewhere you've never heard of
    Posts
    511
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    84
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    16
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thekragle View Post
    The economy is everything. Hard to obtain items and the grind to get gold, creates challenge. Without challenge and the desire to want to try to get the best stuff and make gold so you can buy the best stuff, players will become bored and unmotivated to buy plat or farm.
    If everything is cheap and easy the game will suffer and so will the players.

    And if players aren't motivated and buying plat there will be no game.
    ok type 1 if anyone agree with this and type 2 for people who dont care about the economy.

  29. #60
    Forum Adept Donquixoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    438
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    19
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    61
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

    Default

    You will never meet the solution of this since every peoples has the different opinion, lets just wait it will happen or not.
    D

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-13-2016, 06:03 PM
  2. PorkChop Missing From Eggstravaganza Egg Loot Table
    By Zeus in forum AL Technical Issues and Bugs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-27-2016, 02:05 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •