Thread: Regarding Price Inflation

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Exclamation Regarding Price Inflation

As many people know, prices for items have been going up as a whole. I was wondering if they are going to settle back to normal after winterfest or if they'll stay inflated.

Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iamthesurvivor View Post
    As many people know, prices for items have been going up as a whole. I was wondering if they are going to settle back to normal after winterfest or if they'll stay inflated.

Thanks!
    To be totally honest with you, don't expect them to go down anytime soon.
    With the introduction of " payed leveling " I won't be surprised when hackers & loaders start "playing" pl, so get ready for that fun show, as if it wasn't a thing already. This is literally sts's last stand with pl to make it profitable I imagine.

How you say? Well let's put it like this.

The price of producing new items for pl & keeping it up to date is now eating into STS's AL money bag, not to mention it was already said that " legacy games/apps where not being updated anymore. "
    You honestly should be happy that the game is being even cared for at this point or just be like me & not feed the beast & invest in something els while you still can. Because if the updating & so on keep's up, you "will" defiantly be paying somewhere sometime soon for something that cost 500 plat easy.

If you acutely thought prices where going down after they made leveling, "plat ready" I got bad news for you.
    It's not going to happen.
    Last edited by Kingzila; 12-31-2016 at 09:23 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

I'm also concerned about the inflation going on in PL right now. The prices has probably increased due to the easy obtainable gold in the Winter Fest update.

The problem is that gold always is pushed out to the players without taking any gold back. To stabilise the economy I think STS need to get people to buy things for gold from the "system". Some great ways to get money back would be to sell vanities and gear for gold instead of only platinum. This has been a problem since the beginning, but now we really starts to see the prices running away.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Caztori For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

To all those who are just hoarding large amount of gold, buy something... I don't care WHAT it is, if you just hold onto pure gold you will be left with nothing because of the value of one gold piece of depreciating so fast.

Get items so that the work you have put in will retain itself because as the gold piece depreciates the prices of items will go up as well. I highly suggest getting starries now while you can... the prices are sky-rocketing due to the gold being devalued as well as Macuak making good use of the situation for his profit. Get items NOW, the longer you wait the more you lose. DO NOT KEEP LIQUID GOLD.....

Hope this helps!
    Walie
    Last edited by Congeniality; 01-01-2017 at 04:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingzila View Post
    To be totally honest with you, don't expect them to go down anytime soon.
    With the introduction of " payed leveling " I won't be surprised when hackers & loaders start "playing" pl, so get ready for that fun show, as if it wasn't a thing already. This is literally sts's last stand with pl to make it profitable I imagine.

How you say? Well let's put it like this.

The price of producing new items for pl & keeping it up to date is now eating into STS's AL money bag, not to mention it was already said that " legacy games/apps where not being updated anymore. "
    You honestly should be happy that the game is being even cared for at this point or just be like me & not feed the beast & invest in something els while you still can. Because if the updating & so on keep's up, you "will" defiantly be paying somewhere sometime soon for something that cost 500 plat easy.

If you acutely thought prices where going down after they made leveling, "plat ready" I got bad news for you.
    It's not going to happen.
    STS just hates to take risks :T

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Fml all these grotto farmers make me feel obligated to do some farming myself but it gets too boring after 10 mins :/
    I hope this event ends soon

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Congeniality View Post
    To all those who are just hoarding large amount of gold, buy something... I don't care WHAT it is, if you just hold onto pure gold you will be left with nothing because of the value of one gold piece of depreciating so fast.

Get items so that the work you have put in will retain itself because as the gold piece depreciates the prices of items will go up as well. I highly suggest getting starries now while you can... the prices are sky-rocketing due to the gold being devalued as well as Macuak making good use of the situation for his profit. Get items NOW, the longer you wait the more you lose. DO NOT KEEP LIQUID GOLD.....

Hope this helps!
    Walie
    Did Mac honestly buy all the starries in CS? My god, never paid such an OP price for a blue starry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buchmeister View Post
    If you have the time to see how much work was put into this overhaul of pl, past what was said in the update notice you would understand how much time probably went into the update & how the price increase not going down is pretty much a given. For new items at least, though I'm still not paying stg until i see a plat sale. I will indeed give credit where it's due.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Regarding the plat prices, I don't see how the (imo) too high increase will result in bigger revenue for STS. I guess people won't buy as much due to the prices? I think a smaller, more realistic increase (let's say +10%) would be better for both parts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buchmeister View Post
    Sts hates your stupid posts

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PartayHat For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

I've noticed the prices of vanities in the consignment store have all gone up.

Starry garbs
    Mystery Dragon sets
    Gem Regalia
    Alien Ensemble

It's all because of the power of one person who started to post items at over priced sales, and others have followed his lead.

Prices of items on game fluctuate over supply and demand, and on this occasion one merch who has ingeniously pushed prices up.
    I applaud Macuak for this.

Prices can go back down by others posting lower and continuing to do so.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller