Thread: BBQ Event Patch Bug? (Invalid Password)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Default BBQ Event Patch Bug? (Invalid Password)

I keep getting an "invalid password" screen while trying to do a couple of different actions within the game.

This issue has just recently started plaguing my game ever since I downloaded the latest patch which I think might have been for the BBQ Event that's suppose to take place this weekend.

Instances where the "Invalid Password" Screen pops up are:

1) When trying to Host Game/Create Game, that is password protected, 90% of the time it will not let you do this action and the Invalid Password Screen pops up.

2) If you Join a game with a password on it, after your group completes the level and the "Go To Next Level!/Return To Base!" message shows up. If you choose to "Go To Next Level!" the Invalid Password Screen pops up.

Tasks I've tried to resolve the issue:

1) Deleting / Reinstalling the game. (Did not work)

Rodvik - 40 Engineer - Guy on the Couch in Infinite Union
    Fouroneone - Pay It Forward

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Two different threads about the same issue with 10 minutes of each other? Please use the search function, another thread found HERE, along with the first thread pointing out this issue is HERE, and this is the best post outlining the issue here (from the first post about this issue):

Quote Originally Posted by thequickone View Post
    Here's how to reproduce it (100%):

1. Launch Star Legends version 1.0.2.2 (68315.71020.70287).
    2. Start or resume a game with any player character.
    3. Have an outstanding (unresolved) friend request (FR). If you don't have one, go mingle! Make some friends! This may also work with other notification items, but I have only tested it with outstanding FRs. Once you have an outstanding FR, do not accept or reject it. Just leave it alone, so you will get the notification.
    4. Create or join a password locked multi-level dungeon instance (Dynastar, Red Sun, etc.) on any level except the last. Note, the conflict is between the FR/notification and the password lock, so the instance must be locked for this bug to manifest.
    5. Clear the current level and when prompted, choose to proceed to the next stage. Do not choose to return to base.
    6. Notice that you do not proceed to the next level. Rather, you receive a prompt displaying the message "Invalid Password" (or similar) and are returned to the main "Continue/Enter Base" screen.
    The first thread was hard to find, and named a bit strange so that's understandable but the other thread must have been right under your post. To prevent clutter in the future it's best to make sure no one has already started a thread about the issue(s) you're having before comfirming your post.
    Last edited by Gluttony; 10-01-2011 at 10:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Two threads within 10 minutes might mean I was in the process of writing it don't you think? You don't have to be so rude about it. So what if there were two different threads, at least my Topic was "CLEAR" unlike the other two posts. Stop trying to moderate a forum you're not a moderator of, thanks.

P.S. - I did try and find a solution prior to posting on the forums.
    Last edited by Rodvik; 10-01-2011 at 11:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rodvik:433783
    Two threads within 10 minutes might mean I was in the process of writing it don't you think? You don't have to be so rude about it. So what if there were two different threads, at least my Topic was "CLEAR" unlike the other two posts. Stop trying to moderate a forum you're not a moderator of, thanks.

P.S. - I did try and find a solution prior to posting on the forums.
    I didn't find Gluttony's post rude. All he/she was saying is to be sure that you check to see if there was already a thread about the same topic. If you searched and didn't find the two threads relating to this problem, just say so politely and it will be fine. Only being helpful.

EDIT: Took out an unnecessary ","
    Last edited by Carth; 10-02-2011 at 12:40 AM.
    Current Sig by
    SL Elite Death Squad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    I didn't find Gluttony's post rude. All he/she was saying is to be sure that you check to see if there was already a thread about the same topic. If you searched and didn't find the two threads relating to this problem, just say so politely and it will be fine. Only being helpful.

EDIT: Took out an unnecessary ","
    Matter of opinion obviously. If he wanted to be helpful all he had to do was post the necessary requirements to fixing the problem. He didn't have to blatently point out the fact that two posts on the same subject just went up 10 minutes apart, assuming I should have known that. Its a forum for reporting bugs, who cares if 50 of the same posts went up. Obviously it would have been an issue bothering more people than just myself and hopefully STS would realize the situation. As Gluttony said, hard to miss the first post on the paticular issue. Which I obviously did miss. So I decided to write my own with a more noticable Subject.

Edit: Sorry If "I" came across rude, I don't like when people respond to my topics with the feeling of "what an idiot for not using the search function." He could have easily left out the smart *** opener.
    Last edited by Rodvik; 10-02-2011 at 02:07 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I reread his post again and I do agree that he should have left out a few things, but not all of it was bad. Hopefully, he wasn't trying to be mean in his post. Its hard to tell what tone a person is using when its in text. We will know when he/she posts back and we can either have a good laugh about the whole situation or a knife fight to the death (joking about the knife fight).
    Current Sig by
    SL Elite Death Squad

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rodvik View Post
    Edit: Sorry If "I" came across rude, I don't like when people respond to my topics with the feeling of "what an idiot for not using the search function." He could have easily left out the smart *** opener.
    Well I guess I'll wear the villain hat for my previous post when I was just trying to be helpful and all you did was pull murderous intent from my words. What I see when I re-read my post is the word please followed by links to the other threads and finally a detailed quote; all of which seem very helpful to me, it's then concluded with a few words from my experiences. There have been plenty of threads that I started to post only to refresh the page and find that someone beat me to the punch. In the end I'm not a moderator, but I do think that keeping the forums clean and productive should be every member's job; having the same thread started over and over x50 doesn't seem as productive as one thread about an issue with 50+ posts but again those are just my opinions. Finally, I don't see the words that you quoted as if I actually said them. I see your post count and just tried to offer up some assistance, it has been noted that my help is unappreciated and even flameworthy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I sent you a formal apology through private message Gluttony. Your help was appreciated regardless of how you opened your reponse up. I took it the wrong way when i know you were just trying to help. I would just like to say Thank you for helping the community out with quick responses also. I know youre not a mod but someone has to do it. Once again sorry and thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rodvik View Post
    I sent you a formal apology through private message Gluttony. Your help was appreciated regardless of how you opened your reponse up. I took it the wrong way when i know you were just trying to help. I would just like to say Thank you for helping the community out with quick responses also. I know youre not a mod but someone has to do it. Once again sorry and thank you.
    Were you able to solve your password issue? Or just toughing it out until tomorrow?
    Facebones & Dethklock are proud members of Vengeance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I didn't solve the issue with the information he gave me, no.

It just seemed to disappear, i think they patched it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Good to hear. And gratz on being 31.
    Facebones & Dethklock are proud members of Vengeance