Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New PvP Idea (In-Depth idea that I know you could bring to life)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post New PvP Idea (In-Depth idea that I know you could bring to life)

Hello Pl Devs,

So today i was in pvp and i was thinking...this is getting very repetitive and boring dont you think? People were agreeing with me so i pitched them my new idea. How about we make pvp more competitive and all around more fun?

DUELS FOR GOLD:
    Lots of people love to pvp but cant make money while doing so. How about you make an arena where you can gamble against other players but since people tend to die very fast now-a-days make a rule where the player can bring up to 25 health potions and 25 mana potions thus becoming more competitive and not having fights last for 5 seconds. (this map should only allow 2 players and both players need to accept the gambling stakes, you should also be able to gamble items and recipes).
    NOTE: A PLAYER WHO LEAVES DURING MATCH COUNTS AS AN AUTOMATIC LOSS AND OTHER PLAYER EARNS THE SPOILS.
    NOTE: ALSO A 3V3 VERSION AND A 5V5 VERSION AVAILABLE (every person has to put a stake, 1 LIFE PER PERSON MATCH ENDS WHEN ALL PLAYERS ON OPPOSING TEAM DIE)

PLAIN COMPETETIVE:
    Where a player can enter a free for all 3v3 or 5v5 team deathmatch coming in with up to 25 potions of both health and mana and same rules apply as in normal pvp first team to get to 10 wins in 3v3 and first team to get to 20 in 5v5 wins. This would be really fun for those who do not wish to gamble but intend to use their potions in pvp to stay alive longer and just have more fun in general instead of dying and respawning.

FREE-FOR-ALL ARENA (GROUNDWAR):
    Where players join a non specific team and has the opportunity to fight everyone not only those people who are on the opposite team. This is a real free-for-all arena that from asking a lot of people would really like to see. You could also make a competetive version where you can bring 25 of each potion (health and mana).

In general i think competetive pvp arenas where you can gamble,play free-for-all games, and use potions (not elixers) would be a very nice addition to the pvp environment.

I have many more good ideas to bring to pvp to enrich its gameplay and im sure you could agree its time for some new pvp arenas since lots of players are playing pvp now-a-days. This would definatly increase revenue if you charge a platinum fee for these maps and more people would be buying potions also increasing platinum buying from customers. I would kindly enjoy feedback on what people think of my ideas.

If anyone wants to inform me about new ideas or let me explain how this would work feel free to email:
    sebastianferlin@hotmail.com
    i check email very often and i would appreciate well constructed criticsm

IMPORTANT NOTE: I DO NOT THINK WE SHOULD REMOVE THE CURRENT PVP STAGES BUT MAKE NEW ARENAS.

Thank you very much for reading take care all.
    Last edited by Gunk; 10-02-2011 at 02:53 AM. Reason: to many people thought i meant actually gambling which its not...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

meh, im not to fond of the idea myself...i think the whole staking thing would take too long to set up and agree with someone...pvp should be pvp not gambling

i think there should be a pvp rewards system, ex you gain points from killing someone, only can get max of 10 points from them a day

and then for like 1000 pvp points you can get a special vanity
    or something like that...it becomes a currency
    PL - Eznite, Tachmonite, Adullam, Kelach
    SL - Adino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

many people that i have asked in pvp though are extremely fond of this idea. I mean there is enough vanity items you can purchase for platinum but no one has enough money and gambling duels would be a great way of making money i think for sure. Pvp will still be kept normal but im just saying make an arena where people can actually gamble please read whole thread before posting first, thanks.

READ NOTES PLEASE.

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

I like this idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

All ideas look amazing.
    Though gambling idea is suggested before and it's denied by devs, due reason sts don't want official gambling into game / support gambling.
    Pocket legends: Eagle (Endgame Bird), Magic (endgame mage), Getnuked (voodoo mage)
    Star legends: Eng (Engineer), Rapid (operative)
    Dark legends: Sucker (vampire queen)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hmm its more of duel for cash not really gambling...anyway if you could some devs atention about this thread would be great to see what they say about it thanks guys

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

No friggin' way bears would die with pots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Otherwise the ideas are alright, but the potions... Screw them!
    Though i would like new PvP maps, and ctf too, just normally, but with all the halloween stuff and Mt Fang i don't expect much at the moment.
    Xazic -- That random warbird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

why are the pots a bad idea? it would make some new maps very competitive and cutthroat which is what some people like.
    My main idea though is a full scale FFA arena with no teams and hopefully a bigger capacity of people in a game at one time.
    @otukara bears actually would flourish with pots since they got good armor and wud be hard to kill. birds would be good with both pots since they need both. and mages wud be great with more mana pots. if you think about it pots in a certain pvp arena would be very enjoyable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gunk View Post
    why are the pots a bad idea? it would make some new maps very competitive and cutthroat which is what some people like.
    It would completely unbalance the game. Bears would not die and become OP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    It would completely unbalance the game. Bears would not die and become OP.
    It would not unbalance it at all. Since birds are very good at killing bears they would still have the upperhand and bears against mages would have to go through their whole hp and their whole mana shield which by that time they would be already dead since mages can also heal. Also birds could still kill mages if they used shield break at right times and roots to hold them still for a fast ko. You are thinking very short sighted but if you would like me to go in depth feel free to email me and i wil explain more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Are there any devs that like this idea? Im very eager to push these ideas forwards and would like to talk about it with a dev.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Gambling is totally out of the question, IMO, unless they want to stay in the App Store and within that age rating. Cinco doesn't even want to implement any type of upgrading (chance of breaking) system due to the feeling of failure, I don't blame him at all, it makes sense.

If potions in PvP would work like PvE, then no. We already have massive HS/MS figures that pretty much regen about 5% of Health/Mana per second, end-game that is.

If cooldowns were added though, truly long cooldowns that required potion use to be strategic, maybe. PvP potions should cost a lot of gold too, if implemented.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Gambling is totally out of the question, IMO, unless they want to stay in the App Store and within that age rating. Cinco doesn't even want to implement any type of upgrading (chance of breaking) system due to the feeling of failure, I don't blame him at all, it makes sense.

If potions in PvP would work like PvE, then no. We already have massive HS/MS figures that pretty much regen about 5% of Health/Mana per second, end-game that is.

If cooldowns were added though, truly long cooldowns that required potion use to be strategic, maybe. PvP potions should cost a lot of gold too, if implemented.
    Since money fights woul not work (even though ive seen it implemented in many 12 year old MMOs) and you do not like the potion idea (which is also implemented in proberly every mmo where the class can heal eating food or bring mana potions to heal one self during combat PLUS now-a-days fights last roughly 5 seconds). Could the devs at least think about making a free-for-all map where players can just go in for an all out groundwar type game.

AGAIN REPEATING MY SELF
    THIS WOULD NOT BE AN UPGRADE THIS WOULD BE A NEW SET OF MAPS OLD PVP WOULD STILL BE AVAIABLE TO PEOPLE WHO DO NOT WISH TO USE THE NEW ARENAS.

In my experience ive played a lot of mmos and this is missing some very essential factors of what real pvp is if you implemented at least one of these ideas and charge some plat for it i can assure you people would be buying it. This game already has a good campaign for a mobile game why dont you just top the cake and add some real PvP since so many people are doing it now-a-days.

Side-note: you said adding longer cool downs...thats the reason in the first place people started complaining about pvp is the GCD.
    Last edited by Gunk; 10-02-2011 at 02:18 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Since money fights woul not work (even though ive seen it implemented in many 12 year old MMOs) and you do not like the potion idea (which is also implemented in proberly every mmo where the class can heal eating food or bring mana potions to heal one self during combat PLUS now-a-days fights last roughly 5 seconds). Could the devs at least think about making a free-for-all map where players can just go in for an all out groundwar type game.

AGAIN REPEATING MY SELF
    THIS WOULD NOT BE AN UPGRADE THIS WOULD BE A NEW SET OF MAPS OLD PVP WOULD STILL BE AVAIABLE TO PEOPLE WHO DO NOT WISH TO USE THE NEW ARENAS.

In my experience ive played a lot of mmos and this is missing some very essential factors of what real pvp is if you implemented at least one of these ideas and charge some plat for it i can assure you people would be buying it. This game already has a good campaign for a mobile game why dont you just top the cake and add some real PvP since so many people are doing it now-a-days.

Side-note: you said adding longer cool downs...thats the reason in the first place people started complaining about pvp is the GCD.
    PC MMOs. I doubt there's an MMO in the AppStore with gambling incorporated to it. I doubt there's even an app with gambling.

The cooldown I was talking about was meant for potions. Give any strength class unlimited potions like in PvE, and I guarantee you cannot kill them in a 1v1. Bears, pallies, and warbirds are hard enough to take down as it is, let them use potions and they will not die.

PvP issues existed way before GCD.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    PC MMOs. I doubt there's an MMO in the AppStore with gambling incorporated to it. I doubt there's even an app with gambling.

The cooldown I was talking about was meant for potions. Give any strength class unlimited potions like in PvE, and I guarantee you cannot kill them in a 1v1. Bears, pallies, and warbirds are hard enough to take down as it is, let them use potions and they will not die.

PvP issues existed way before GCD.
    I relly wish people would actually read the whole post instead of just keywords. As i said you can bring 25 OF EACH POT MAX AND YOU COULD NOT LEAVE UNTIL THE GAME IS OVER. I chose my words wrong for the first topic which should not be read as gambling but as a stake which is much different since you have control over a stake and not gambling which i will now change. Cool-down would not be such a good idea since no one likes it but i think pvp pots should work the same as pve (although have a limit the amount you could bring into pvp which would be 25) but they should cost around 1k per pot or 20k for a set of 25. Also this would open up many more people to playing this game since lots of people argue that the reason they would not continue playing is because its not as deep as a computer based mmo. If we give it a few more steps it could actually be one of the greatest mmos ever, definatly better than come mmos that i have played on the computer. I mean you gotta think about a longer term kind of thing new things incorporate new people. Everygame that has a great pvp side of the game is always a winner since people like showing their skills against other people in the game and this would just widen the net for more players for sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

many people that i have asked in pvp though are extremely fond of this idea. I mean there is enough vanity items you can purchase for platinum but no one has enough money and gambling duels would be a great way of making money i think for sure. Pvp will still be kept normal but im just saying make an arena where people can actually gamble please read whole thread before posting first, thanks.

READ NOTES PLEASE.
    i read ever word, always do
    its plain and simple not a good idea due to the reasons already stated
    "dont dare impune me honor boy!" lol jk

It would not unbalance it at all. Since birds are very good at killing bears they would still have the upperhand and bears against mages would have to go through their whole hp and their whole mana shield which by that time they would be already dead since mages can also heal. Also birds could still kill mages if they used shield break at right times and roots to hold them still for a fast ko. You are thinking very short sighted but if you would like me to go in depth feel free to email me and i wil explain more.
    um if bears/warbirds could spam hp pots then who cares if a mage can heal? cuz the bear they are fighting can heal too! lol
    and 25 is def enough to get the job done

besides...all this would do is encourage ppl gang up on one person more often
    Last edited by AdinoEznite; 10-02-2011 at 03:06 AM.
    SL - Adino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Another problem if someone could please help. I just had to uninstall pocket legends for a second and then when i looked on market i couldnt find it and when i went on market on the computer it says pocket legends cannot be installed on your device's country. But ive been playing it the whole time in this country can someone please help me out, thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AdinoEznite View Post
    i read ever word, always do
    its plain and simple not a good idea due to the reasons already stated
    "dont dare impune me honor boy!" lol jk

um if bears could spam hp pots then who cares if a mage can heal? cuz the bear they are fighting can heal too! lol
    And again ur not reading bears would only have 25 pots but mages would have 25 pots and heal so its all about who can kill faster in the end really not who can spam their 25 POTS FASTER AGAIN ITS NOT UNLIMITED ITS 25 AND AFTER THEY USED ALL 25 POTS THEY CANNOT LEAVE THE PVP ARENA UNTIL THE MATCH IS OVER WHATS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND its well thought out and i assure you it would be a great idea to have...but im sure you dont even read my posts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

And again ur not reading bears would only have 25 pots but mages would have 25 pots and heal so its all about who can kill faster in the end really not who can spam their 25 POTS FASTER AGAIN ITS NOT UNLIMITED ITS 25 AND AFTER THEY USED ALL 25 POTS THEY CANNOT LEAVE THE PVP ARENA UNTIL THE MATCH IS OVER WHATS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND its well thought out and i assure you it would be a great idea to have...but im sure you dont even read my posts.
    as i said before i read ur posts and still dont agree, im just pointing out the flaws

and besides your saying that ppl dont have enough money but you want them to spend 20k every time they come in to pvp?

and then what happens to all the people who spend the 20k and lose?
    they are gonna stick around playing for a really long time. yeup.
    encourage more ppl to pvp? i doubt it
    SL - Adino