Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New PvP Idea (In-Depth idea that I know you could bring to life)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AdinoEznite View Post
    as i said before i read ur posts and still dont agree, im just pointing out the flaws

and besides your saying that ppl dont have enough money but you want them to spend 20k every time they come in to pvp?

and then what happens to all the people who spend the 20k and lose?
    they are gonna stick around playing for a really long time. yeup.
    encourage more ppl to pvp? i doubt it
    Of course we could justkeep the price the same as regular pve pots and no not every time just when they want to go to the new arenas of pvp THIS IS NOT AN UPGRADE THIS IS A NEW MAP PACK SEE YOUR NOT READING. plus with the duels you could make money, so yeah...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gunk View Post
    I relly wish people would actually read the whole post instead of just keywords. As i said you can bring 25 OF EACH POT MAX AND YOU COULD NOT LEAVE UNTIL THE GAME IS OVER. I chose my words wrong for the first topic which should not be read as gambling but as a stake which is much different since you have control over a stake and not gambling which i will now change. Cool-down would not be such a good idea since no one likes it but i think pvp pots should work the same as pve (although have a limit the amount you could bring into pvp which would be 25) but they should cost around 1k per pot or 20k for a set of 25. Also this would open up many more people to playing this game since lots of people argue that the reason they would not continue playing is because its not as deep as a computer based mmo. If we give it a few more steps it could actually be one of the greatest mmos ever, definatly better than come mmos that i have played on the computer. I mean you gotta think about a longer term kind of thing new things incorporate new people. Everygame that has a great pvp side of the game is always a winner since people like showing their skills against other people in the game and this would just widen the net for more players for sure.
    I did read the entire post, as difficult as it was.

How exactly can one not leave? You'll then have issues of players wanting to leave said game but can't, because of this.

Again, like Adino, we're just pointing out the flaws. We aren't the one TYPING IN ALL CAPS AS IF TO SHOUT TO PROVE A POINT. All the best ideas are the ones that are criticized and discussed the most.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

as i said before i read ur posts and still dont agree, im just pointing out the flaws

and besides your saying that ppl dont have enough money but you want them to spend 20k every time they come in to pvp?

and then what happens to all the people who spend the 20k and lose?
    they are gonna stick around playing for a really long time. yeup.
    encourage more ppl to pvp? i doubt it
    The 20k thing was from the other member above he said they should make potions expensive. I think the 25 pack should be kept at the 250 gold just like pve so that everyone can have a chance to doing this. I think if you nly charge like 250gold for 25 potions thats good and lots of people would have fun with that. Anyway now i cant even install PL becuase it says not avaiable i your country for some reason. could someone help?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Of course we could justkeep the price the same as regular pve pots and no not every time just when they want to go to the new arenas of pvp THIS IS NOT AN UPGRADE THIS IS A NEW MAP PACK SEE YOUR NOT READING. plus with the duels you could make money, so yeah...
    dude youre ASSUMING THINGS

i read that many times and guess what?
    it doesnt matter if its not an upgrade creating the new arenas that will get expensive for people will make them empty...
    except for people with top lvl gear that wanna prey on others

in any case theres no real discussion necessary since STS has already said they wanna keep gambling out

the the case of teamless free for all, that could work, but again not a real necessity since some ppl will probably end up teaming anyway
    PL - Eznite, Tachmonite, Adullam, Kelach
    SL - Adino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    I did read the entire post, as difficult as it was.

How exactly can one not leave? You'll then have issues of players wanting to leave said game but can't, because of this.

Again, like Adino, we're just pointing out the flaws. We aren't the one TYPING IN ALL CAPS AS IF TO SHOUT TO PROVE A POINT. All the best ideas are the ones that are criticized and discussed the most.
    I use capslock becuase it seems as life poeple are missing ot imporant points. If you do not wish to play the game then dont join. And also for that type of game a waiting room should be introduced and when there are enough people the actual game starts but you can leave anytime during the waiing room period but once the real game starts you cannot leave which i think makes perfect sense. 25 pots per player up to 10 players and an all out free-for-all map? i dont know how that doesnt sound fun and exciting but everyone is still stuck in their old ways and still wanna just pvp until their hp bar runs out which is getting really really old. m just trying to spice up the pvp experience just like the devs changed the UI, because its more INTERESTING. All hardcore pvp players would enjoy this an im going to pm people about this thread and see if they agree with these ideas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

dude youre ASSUMING THINGS

i read that many times and guess what?
    it doesnt matter if its not an upgrade creating the new arenas that will get expensive for people will make them empty...
    except for people with top lvl gear that wanna prey on others

in any case theres no real discussion necessary since STS has already said they wanna keep gambling out

the the case of teamless free for all, that could work, but again not a real necessity since some ppl will probably end up teaming anyway
    And again ur thinking so short-sighted the FFA maps is in high demand by the majority of poeple i have asked. If people decide to team thats their deal but as long as everyone can get onto a map and kill every player just like in about every single game made this would definatly be a good idea to implement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I use capslock becuase it seems as life poeple are missing ot imporant points. If you do not wish to play the game then dont join. And also for that type of game a waiting room should be introduced and when there are enough people the actual game starts but you can leave anytime during the waiing room period but once the real game starts you cannot leave which i think makes perfect sense. 25 pots per player up to 10 players and an all out free-for-all map? i dont know how that doesnt sound fun and exciting but everyone is still stuck in their old ways and still wanna just pvp until their hp bar runs out which is getting really really old. m just trying to spice up the pvp experience just like the devs changed the UI, because its more INTERESTING. All hardcore pvp players would enjoy this an im going to pm people about this thread and see if they agree with these ideas.
    Disregard my questions. When you suggest something, approach with an open and unbiased mind. Good luck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Again, seems like people are missing out on important points.

HOW EXACTLY CAN ONE NOT LEAVE? I can easily exit PL, force close, and I would have been disconnected from the server hence making my character leave from the game. Unless it's as extravagant as 100 deaths per leave, I don't think the 'no leaving' policy will ever stick. Since you want to cater to the hardcore pvp players only, 100 deaths may not be a bad amount, assuming they hold in regard their stats.
    or it can be abused to get on the leaderboard
    people would also get pissed when they dc

i think a FFA map would be cool, but u cant keep someone from leaving
    which in a FFA map wouldnt be necessary anyway...who cares if someone leaves if theres no stake in it, which there shouldnt be

which brings me back to pvp rewards!
    have you even considered that in exchange for a number of "pvp points" you can get gold?
    SL - Adino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Disregard my questions. When you suggest something, approach with an open and unbiased mind. Good luck.
    Not really only for hard-core pvper. I mean the duel for cash idea is definatly catering for hardcore pvpers but an ffa arena is something everyone would enjoying playing. About the no leaving rule if you disconnect your internet or something becuase you want to leave the game this would count as an automatic loss in a duel for cash match but say in an ffa match with pots it would be just the same as normal pvp but a bigger loss 10 deaths and thats it. In a normal ffa match with no pots i am not implementing the no leave rule im only implementing for all potion matches.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

or it can be abused to get on the leaderboard
    people would also get pissed when they dc

i think a FFA map would be cool, but u cant keep someone from leaving
    which in a FFA map wouldnt be necessary anyway...who cares if someone leaves if theres no stake in it, which there shouldnt be

which brings me back to pvp rewards!
    have you even considered that in exchange for a number of "pvp points" you can get gold?
    Im sorry but in another game say something as mind numbing as club penguin the pvp points would be a good idea. I do not wish to turn pvp into a mind numbing grind fest so people can get gold instead of actually farming in real pve this would also get abused becuase people would multi log and kill their other accounts very easily (they do not have to log in from same amil just make new email new account and then other account can just keep killing the new one for pvp points) so that is actually not a good idea. My ideas are more well thought out and deuling with stakes cannot be abused since who wants to lose their money to someone else? also how can this be abused for high scores? there are no highscores for most deaths in pvp only for pve and this would not help in farming kills either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

plus the reason lots of pvper pvp is too have the best pvp stats so they wont be leaving in mid match to gain 10 deaths that quickly when they can just stick it out until the end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

One thing i agree on though, we need to do something to mak the fights last longer then 5 seconds. The higher lvl you are, the quicker you kill eachother. I don't really like endgame pvp because you die too quick.

Just an idea, mabye all attacks could be only half as strong as pve. Fights should last twice as long this way, which IMO creates more opportunities for strategic moves.

And with the issue of gambling, is it really gambling if no actual currency is involved? If you lose, you might lose gold or a virtual weapon or something, but no real money. Just make plat items ungamble-able. I think it's a good idea, even if most others dont.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azurkray View Post
    One thing i agree on though, we need to do something to mak the fights last longer then 5 seconds. The higher lvl you are, the quicker you kill eachother. I don't really like endgame pvp because you die too quick.

Just an idea, mabye all attacks could be only half as strong as pve. Fights should last twice as long this way, which IMO creates more opportunities for strategic moves.

And with the issue of gambling, is it really gambling if no actual currency is involved? If you lose, you might lose gold or a virtual weapon or something, but no real money. Just make plat items ungamble-able. I think it's a good idea, even if most others dont.
    See what im talking about guys fights last not even 5 seconds now-a-days especially for lvl 50-60s even in the 30-35 ranges fights hardly last at all. If pots are not to be inplemented in new arena packs at least make it hit slightly less in pvp than pve. And yes the gambling option its not actually gambling when you have the control to win or lose (the other player also has control) but its on how well you play the fight. gambling requires so skill and just luck while a pvp match with 25 pots each and no leaving allowed is not gambling its staking which is not the same. (plus only virtual gold should be allowed no real world currency AT ALL!)

I know from tons of experience people would like to see some of these ideas implemented and i really wish a dev would tell me if any of these ideas were possible or not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

bump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Bumping won't enhance your credibility.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well i cant say i didnt try huh?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gunk:438976
    well i cant say i didnt try huh?
    As was pointed out, there are many flaws with your ideas.

Gambling is frowned upon by many.

Furthermore, I will repeat it: bears won't die with pots. If you think otherwise, you are going to have to explain why not considering :

Bears have dodge on the order of 60%
    Very high armor
    High health regeneration
    High hp

Combine this with the fact that bears have higher base damage and hit% than before.
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 10-07-2011 at 02:56 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Im sorry but in another game say something as mind numbing as club penguin the pvp points would be a good idea. I do not wish to turn pvp into a mind numbing grind fest so people can get gold instead of actually farming in real pve this would also get abused becuase people would multi log and kill their other accounts very easily (they do not have to log in from same amil just make new email new account and then other account can just keep killing the new one for pvp points) so that is actually not a good idea. My ideas are more well thought out and deuling with stakes cannot be abused since who wants to lose their money to someone else? also how can this be abused for high scores? there are no highscores for most deaths in pvp only for pve and this would not help in farming kills either.
    well its possible, but as long as you make it more efficient to pvp normally then i dont see a problem
    in my suggestions i stated that you could only gain 3-5 points from one person every 24 hours
    plus you can make it so that you only gain points from open games, thus if someone tried farming themselves then someone can just join and kill them lol

in addition its not like it would be a ton gold
    im talking about trading thousands of pvp points for not that much gold

maybe like 10k pvp points for 100k
    it takes a long time to get 10k pvp kills

alternatively it could be in small batches of 1000 kills per 10k gold
    even if it was like that a person would need 200-334 characters on other accounts to farm to get 10k in one day...im pretty sure thats gonna discourage those that wanna exploit

for people that pvp, its just a bonus
    but its faster to make money through pve

besides if they had cool looking vanities id want that instead of gold
    SL - Adino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Eh i ave to many disagreements with too many of the ideas. Can everyone at least gree that we should have a dedicated FFA arena so people wouldnt have to choose teams anymore and pile etc?