Thread: Ok need lvl 61 advice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Ok need lvl 61 advice

I have gotten to lvl 60 and was wondering which of Nuri's dungeons is best for grinding for exp. ok thanks
    Legion Guild {guild-master}

Trixxspet {lvl 60 Storm-Bringer}
    TexasTrigger
    {lvl 36 Stick-Slinger}

Somewhere in the magical land of Texas :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I would say Haunted Symphony, it is the longest and pretty simple.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Haunted symphony has the best xp but you might die more often if the team is not good.
    LEVEL 61 BIRD / LEVEL 35 COMMANDO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

xp is important but getting cash along the way (and pink/components) is also very important. So I would say a combo strongman/den/boggy is prob best. you get the xp but you also get the bosses. Ands if you are more lucky than I am, you will drop the pinks and components along the way!
    Haunted Symph is very long, the mini doesn't drop often, and Panto prob has the worst drop rate of all the bosses (I may be wrong but the price of helms would seem to prove me right)
    Pakax | Eclipse GM
    Pakax - 76 Elf | Pakaxx - 71 Eagle | Pakaxxx - 71 Grizzly | ZeroKarma - 71 Zero Death Eagle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

I've gotten about 7-8 drops from panty man since I've started farming him, but the drops were mostly crafting materials and maybe three pinks (good ones too).

Symphony is the best for exp runs but as aperfecte said, you need a good team with you to keep things flowing. Gold comes easy in NH since all the trash items liquidate for around 200 gold, so after about an hour of farming I can make about 20k of gold just from trash items. Pinks are a different story.

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

cool...thank you all for the advice...i was leaning towards the trio Pakax mentioned but wanted to see what everyone else thought...again thank you so very much!
    Last edited by trixxspet; 10-02-2011 at 01:22 PM. Reason: hmmmm....wierd gliche?

TexasTrigger
    {lvl 36 Stick-Slinger}

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

hmmm what a weird gliche....where did the "again thought" come from....and doesnt appear when i want to edit it lol

TexasTrigger
    {lvl 36 Stick-Slinger}

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I would offer this comment on xp grinding to 61. I have taken my three main toons to 61 (bird, bear, mage) and I agree that the first level with Panto offers the greatest xp just by the shear number of mobs. However, it is also one of the more difficult boards because of its length and the fact the zombie/skeletons can Gravestone any time you get caught in a group. In fact, I found this one of the more difficult boards to run in PUGs because of the team work required to effectively move fast. A good bear, two mages and two birds are perfect, especially if there are people using elixers.

However, I also found that the second level with the Strongman offered similar xp with a decent group and the time saving factored in because it is shorter. Additionally, it offers three mini-bosses for a total of 4 chances for crafting material drops. Those drops are far more common than glyphs and can add up to significant money when selling them. Also, PUGs on this level were easier to manage because one elixered toon can manhandle most of the mob groups. My typical farming group all ended up prefering to run this board for xp grinding as we all took multiple toons to 61. The glyph drops from this board also still have very high value, unlike the ones from Lion's Den which also is short and offers two mini-bosses and two bosses at the end.

When we would get bored of one level, we would run 2-4 using the portals for quick game transitions. The xp was still decent, especially if you just don't rush 4 and take time to eliminate a good number of mobs on the way to the mini-boss and the Snake Charmer.

So while I agree Panto is a good xp board, I think that other options can be very attractive, given the number of potential drops available and the fact that you won't always be with a skilled group.

Good luck with the grind!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I agree. I have a tendancy to run map 2 X 5-10 and then portal to den and sometimes a run through boggy for a change. I think this is the best option. I do pant every once in while but party has to be really good. I agree also on the best party breakdown for pant: 1 bear (good one), 2 birds and 2 mages.
    Pakax | Eclipse GM
    Pakax - 76 Elf | Pakaxx - 71 Eagle | Pakaxxx - 71 Grizzly | ZeroKarma - 71 Zero Death Eagle