Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Question: Vanity Drop Locations

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default Question: Vanity Drop Locations

Modified 11/12/2011

Vanity drop locations are still somewhat of an enigma, though -- as the days go by (and more of them drop) -- we are gradually able to better piece the story of what drops where together. In an effort to create the best such database possible, I ask that you please share your first-hand observations here -- that is, this thread -- such that we can keep the knowledge share going. My sincere thanks to everyone that has contributed thus far!

Yanis' vanity database (for reference): Link

[10/2/2011] General Community "Consensus" Regarding Vanity Drop Locations:
    * Any vanity can drop in any level of any campaign -- the odds are just extremely low.

[11/12/2011] Ephemeris' Alternative Hypothesis Regarding Vanity Drop Locations:
    * The X-Ray Visor is (or, perhaps, was) the only vanity that can(/could) truly drop anywhere based on the data received to date. Despite the lack of screenshots, several fairly credible reports of X-Ray Visors dropping pre-D7 have surfaced, though all of these reported drops occurred during beta. Post-beta data seems to suggest that vanities can no longer be obtained from campaigns preceding D7 -- this includes the X-Ray Visor. That said, my guess is that the X-Ray Visor was selected by Development as the lone "test vanity" for ensuring drop mechanics and such prior to the release of Numa (whereby it was "relocated" to drop in D7 and Numa, tethered with the Mechanical Man Helmet and Squid Buddy, and enlisted in its "final" drop scheme). As such, I believe that we can safely consider the release of the Numa campaign to be the start of the "true"/"final" vanity drop scheme.
    * Vanities (in pools of three) seem to have a life-cycle of two campaigns (i.e., D7 --> Numa; Slouch-O --> SY). Until we see a new vanity drop in SY, my stance will be that we will not see a new vanity until the campaign following SY (whereby this vanity -- likely packaged with two additional vanities -- will drop through the campaign following the next).
    * The D7 and Numa campaigns both yield X-Ray Visors, Mechanical Man Helmets, and Squid Buddies; perhaps drop odds are slightly better within Numa for the three aforementioned vanities.
    * The Slouch-O and SY campaigns both yield Tragedy, Comedy, and Zany Glasses; perhaps drop odds are slightly better within SY for the three aforementioned vanities.

[11/12/2011] Supporting Observations:
    * The X-Ray Visor is the only vanity that has been reported to drop prior to D7 (during beta; however, no pre-D7, post-beta X-Ray Visor drops have been reported to date).
    * The X-Ray Visor, Mechanical Man Helmet, and Squid Buddy have all been looted in D7 and Numa since the release of the Numa campaign. To date, I have never seen any proof of these three vanities dropping beyond Numa (i.e., in Slouch-O and SY).
    * Comedy, Tragedy, and Zany Glasses all appeared with the release of the Slouch-O campaign. In addition to dropping within the Slouch-O levels, these three vanities have also been looted within the SY campaign. To date -- much like I stated in my previous bullet -- I haven't seen any proof supporting that these three vanities may be looted prior to Slouch-O.

[11/12/2011] Vanity Desirability:
    * Disclaimer: The following section should be taken with a grain of salt, as the desirability hierarchy will likely shift with the release of new campaign duos.
    * In my humble opinion, the X-Ray Visor is the most difficult vanity to acquire at this point. While hypothesized to "drop anywhere," we have no data to suggest that it still can be looted anywhere. Using my "two campaign life-cycle" hypothesis presented earlier, fewer people are running D7 and Numa these days (i.e., they are being looted less frequently). Moreover, due to their "good looks," owners are more inclined to hang onto these. In turn, X-Ray Visors are currently fetching the highest prices in the C.S., and, likewise, making the fewest appearances.
    * I would rank the Mechanical Man Helmet as the second-most desirable vanity drop. Again, its "looks" -- much like the X-Ray Visor -- certainly influence owners to retain it (thus reducing its
    appearances in the C.S.).
    * Though not seen as much as of late, Squid Buddy seemed to be the most-seen vanity of the X-Ray Visor/Mechanical Man Helmet/Squid Buddy bunch. That said, quite a few people have one (or
    more) of these. As I haven't heard of these dropping outside of D7/Numa as of yet (coupled with fewer people running each of the aforementioned two campaigns where we know this item to drop), I would contend that it's of slightly higher desirability than the forthcoming three vanities.
    * Zany Glasses seem to drop less often than Comedy or Tragedy, though they still seem to be looted fairly often at the moment. For the time being, I think that they should reside here on the desirability totem pole.
    * Comedy and Tragedy are the most-looted/most-seen vanity drops as of right now. As such, I am putting them at the bottom of the desirability ranks.

[10/24/2011] Confirmed Vanity Drop Mechanics:
    * Vanities may be acquired with or without the use of an active luck enhancer.
    * It is possible to loot a vanity in groups of all sizes (including solo runs).
    * Vanities can drop off of both "trash mobs" and bosses.
    * Vanities can be looted from both elite chests and regular chests.

[10/24/2011] Suggested Vanity Farming Locations:
    D7 - DMC
    Numa - OL/Squatter/Mining
    Slouch-O - Venomous/Scorcher
    SY - WT/Bio/Pulse

[11/12/2011] Suggested Vanity "Hot Beds":
    * Disclaimer: While we tend to believe that vanity drop odds are generally "equal" for all mobs within a given level (i.e., 'Mob A' in 'Level A' has the same probability of dropping a vanity as 'Mob N' in 'Level A'), several players (myself included) have seen drop trends which seem to challenge this stance. In turn, since I don't have a substantial amount of data to corroborate this possibility, I have elected to make this section as "food for thought." This information may prove to be rubbish, though, so -- again -- take it with a grain of salt.
    * The mobs in the farthest room from the starting position on the left corridor of DMC (D7).
    * The mobs in the last room of WT (SY).
    * The first spawning mobs within Bio (SY).
    * The final mob pack prior to engaging the boss of Bio (SY).

If you have any additional observations to share, please do! I will do my best to continue to update this database as more information comes in.

Kind Regards,
    -E
    Last edited by Ephemeris; 11-14-2011 at 01:30 PM.
    Star Legends: Ephemeris (Engineer) - Ephemeriz (Operative) - Ephemerix (Commando) - Director (Engineer - Twink/Farmer) | Pocket Legends: Ephemeris (Enchantress - Retired)

2. The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to Ephemeris For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

I don't think we have yet got enough drops to settle where they exactly drop most. Or is there place where tebet won't drop at all. I'm still believing for this, "Any vanity can drop in any zone, from any mob and elite chests".
    Pocket legends: Eagle (Endgame Bird), Magic (endgame mage), Getnuked (voodoo mage)
    Star legends: Eng (Engineer), Rapid (operative)
    Dark legends: Sucker (vampire queen)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfader View Post
    I don't think we have yet got enough drops to settle where they exactly drop most. Or is there place where tebet won't drop at all. I'm still believing for this, "Any vanity can drop in any zone, from any mob and elite chests".
    Good point, I failed to throw in a caveat regarding the limited amount of data out there. It's certainly possible that someone either has or will get, say, Zany Glasses to drop in Dynastar Labs. If that's the case, I suppose I'm just hoping that they see this post and respond.
    Star Legends: Ephemeris (Engineer) - Ephemeriz (Operative) - Ephemerix (Commando) - Director (Engineer - Twink/Farmer) | Pocket Legends: Ephemeris (Enchantress - Retired)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I know that xray glasses can drop anywhere. I have heard someone got a comedy from Cy Corp but im not sure.

SL Characters: Blakout Lvl 25 commando | Kaosbane lvl 17 operative | Kaosreaper lvl 10 engineer
    PL Characters: Kaotiik Lvl 20 archer | Chaosdood lvl 18 warrior

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Blakout For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Thanks, I'll add this to my FAQ.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I witnessed a mechanical man drop in slouch-o.

Just trying to help pin down with any fact I can add.
    ~Jazz Blue - LvL 36 Engineer

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JazzBlue For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Saw a vanity drop in Scorch - not sure which one cause wasn't me

11. The Following User Says Thank You to hotmumbo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Thanks for the replies guys -- much appreciated! It sounds like we still have somewhat of a mixed bag at this point (Mechanical Man Helm off of Scorcher supports my theory, while the potential Comedy drop in Cy shoots a hole in it :-P).

BTW, nice FAQ, Silentarrow!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I never seen a vanity drop till numa was released. I've gotten all three of my vanitys from numa maps x ray,mech helm and squid buddy.

ZERO COMMANDO
    Follow me on Twitter @Zero_SLegends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

I need to use this once I get lvl 31 sometime. I have people asking me for vanities! Geesh this will take a while!

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemeris View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys -- much appreciated! It sounds like we still have somewhat of a mixed bag at this point (Mechanical Man Helm off of Scorcher supports my theory, while the potential Comedy drop in Cy shoots a hole in it :-P).

BTW, nice FAQ, Silentarrow!
    Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thanks, very helpful.
    Starsavior Commando | Spamhealer Engineer | Inventory Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Thank you.. Your assumptions seem logical. Heading to Numa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I know first hand tht xray drops in numa and squid buddy on delta i think it was that motherland one and i have seen mech man drop in slouch o in hall of films and friend said he got his mech man from welcome center hopes this helps

Ign: Gandhi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

I got a Tragedy in Slouch-o. My memory is slightly hazy on which map, but I'm pretty sure it was venomous. I do remember that I got it after killing one of those little floating camera guys. I've never seen any other vanities drop that I can recall, or probably I just wasn't paying attention. I usually only check other people's drops after a boss.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to McBain For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

lol i never gwt vanitys on numa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Thanks for the additional replies guys -- much appreciated! I will update my original post based on Heyyoucooll's Squid Buddy observation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ayers&p=426616

gives locations of vanity drops

see you there ;-)

ps add me Bojkire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BojKire View Post
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ayers&p=426616

gives locations of vanity drops

see you there ;-)

ps add me Bojkire
    Hey, BojKire

Unless I'm over-looking something, SilentArrow (the author of the guide that you've linked) added the section that you're referring to based on my post (see below). Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Silentarrow View Post
    Thanks, I'll add this to my FAQ.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I've never seen one drop except a jet pack at slouch.
    Nycfanman-684