Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Question: Vanity Drop Locations

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi View Post
    Did I hear my name taken in vain? *shakes head oh, so sadly* Au contraire, mon frere. It dropped in Numa. I think I mentioned that when we spoke afterwards but your mind was on other things.
    Oops, I didn't notice that you had already posted when I replied -- sorry, Canon (and thanks for the verification!). :-P

Quote Originally Posted by Kanozaki View Post
    Great info however , due to the fact of the lack of data available we wont be able to predict as to where the exact location drops are, however we could perhaps make a survey and get rough estimates ?
    I definitely agree, Kanozaki -- it's tough to say with certainty which, if any, maps are more likely to yield a vanity; however, I do welcome this sort of data as folks see vanities drop. Several players have suggested favoring certain maps (and, in some cases, specific areas within these maps) with respect to preferred farming locations (which I've added to my initial post), but -- as you stated -- this will always be a fluid section.
    Star Legends: Ephemeris (Engineer) - Ephemeriz (Operative) - Ephemerix (Commando) - Director (Engineer - Twink/Farmer) | Pocket Legends: Ephemeris (Enchantress - Retired)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

hmm im confus, do bosses drop vanities or not?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    hmm im confus, do bosses drop vanities or not?
    While I haven't seen a screenshot to prove this, credible sources have told me that they've seen or had a vanity drop off of a boss, yes. I'm not sure if drop probabilities are different when looking at a regular mob versus a boss, but -- assuming that these probabilities are fairly similar -- vanity drops off of bosses should be seen less often given the simple fact that we kill fewer bosses than regular mobs. Hope that helps.

P.S. - I have asked Sam to move this post to the Player Guides section (pending).
    Last edited by Ephemeris; 11-12-2011 at 11:40 PM.
    Star Legends: Ephemeris (Engineer) - Ephemeriz (Operative) - Ephemerix (Commando) - Director (Engineer - Twink/Farmer) | Pocket Legends: Ephemeris (Enchantress - Retired)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Yay! Saw fourth vanity drop.

After so many observation,i can say Mechanical Man Helm,Xray Visor and Squid Buddy do not drop in Slouch-o or Shipyards.
    Attachment 2585

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Would have to agree with Defy that it seems only Tragedy and Comedy drop in shipyards, although I have heard that mech man dropped in sloucho?
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

i saw zany droping in shipyards too, means only 3 new vanities in shipyard, and one more thing i noticed is that similar vanities drop together,like 3-4 znays deoping together then 3-4 comedys like that.......when shipyard released zany were droping like this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua View Post
    Would have to agree with Defy that it seems only Tragedy and Comedy drop in shipyards, although I have heard that mech man dropped in sloucho?
    Pic or it didn't happen

Quote Originally Posted by Defyduck View Post
    i saw zany droping in shipyards too, means only 3 new vanities in shipyard, and one more thing i noticed is that similar vanities drop together,like 3-4 znays deoping together then 3-4 comedys like that.......when shipyard released zany were droping like this
    Read the OP 3 per 2 levels after Numa's release,

Delta & Numa ~ Mech Helm, X-Ray and Squid buddy

Slouch-O & Shipyards ~ Zanny, Comedy and Tragedy

And Gratz Ephem, finally where it belongs, always had to search high and low for this

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    Pic or it didn't happen

Read the OP 3 per 2 levels after Numa's release,

Delta & Numa ~ Mech Helm, X-Ray and Squid buddy

Slouch-O & Shipyards ~ Zanny, Comedy and Tragedy

And Gratz Ephem, finally where it belongs, always had to search high and low for this
    Thanks, Bod! Glad that it's now been relocated to an easier-to-find section, too! (Also, thanks to Sam for moving it!)

Also, as you probably noticed, I added some extra thought behind why we saw X-Ray Visors dropping pre-D7 in beta -- seems to fit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Hrmmm... One more thing: Does anyone know if there's a way to modify the post title? This started off as merely a thread to educate myself based on the observations of others, but it has since transformed into a guide. I'd like to change the title of the post accordingly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I picked up a Mech Man vanity today in DMC. It dropped off one of the little critters that come out of the floor. The one's right at the start before the covered door panel. I was also running solo.
    Facebones & Dethklock are proud members of Vengeance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemeris View Post
    Hrmmm... One more thing: Does anyone know if there's a way to modify the post title? This started off as merely a thread to educate myself based on the observations of others, but it has since transformed into a guide. I'd like to change the title of the post accordingly.
    Only possible way I know of is by sending a PM to Sam buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fac3bon3s View Post
    I picked up a Mech Man vanity today in DMC. It dropped off one of the little critters that come out of the floor. The one's right at the start before the covered door panel. I was also running solo.
    Wowza! Nice one FB! *Runs off to Delta* (Still haven't had my first hehe)

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Default devourer's skull

Modified 11/12/2011

Vanity drop locations are still somewhat of an enigma, though -- as the days go by (and more of them drop) -- we are gradually able to better piece the story of what drops where together. In an effort to create the best such database possible, I ask that you please share your first-hand observations here -- that is, this thread -- such that we can keep the knowledge share going. My sincere thanks to everyone that has contributed thus far!

Yanis' vanity database (for reference): Link

[10/2/2011] General Community "Consensus" Regarding Vanity Drop Locations:
    * Any vanity can drop in any level of any campaign -- the odds are just extremely low.

[11/12/2011] Ephemeris' Alternative Hypothesis Regarding Vanity Drop Locations:
    * The X-Ray Visor is (or, perhaps, was) the only vanity that can(/could) truly drop anywhere based on the data received to date. Despite the lack of screenshots, several fairly credible reports of X-Ray Visors dropping pre-D7 have surfaced, though all of these reported drops occurred during beta. Post-beta data seems to suggest that vanities can no longer be obtained from campaigns preceding D7 -- this includes the X-Ray Visor. That said, my guess is that the X-Ray Visor was selected by Development as the lone "test vanity" for ensuring drop mechanics and such prior to the release of Numa (whereby it was "relocated" to drop in D7 and Numa, tethered with the Mechanical Man Helmet and Squid Buddy, and enlisted in its "final" drop scheme). As such, I believe that we can safely consider the release of the Numa campaign to be the start of the "true"/"final" vanity drop scheme.
    * Vanities (in pools of three) seem to have a life-cycle of two campaigns (i.e., D7 --> Numa; Slouch-O --> SY). Until we see a new vanity drop in SY, my stance will be that we will not see a new vanity until the campaign following SY (whereby this vanity -- likely packaged with two additional vanities -- will drop through the campaign following the next).
    * The D7 and Numa campaigns both yield X-Ray Visors, Mechanical Man Helmets, and Squid Buddies; perhaps drop odds are slightly better within Numa for the three aforementioned vanities.
    * The Slouch-O and SY campaigns both yield Tragedy, Comedy, and Zany Glasses; perhaps drop odds are slightly better within SY for the three aforementioned vanities.

[11/12/2011] Supporting Observations:
    * The X-Ray Visor is the only vanity that has been reported to drop prior to D7 (during beta; however, no pre-D7, post-beta X-Ray Visor drops have been reported to date).
    * The X-Ray Visor, Mechanical Man Helmet, and Squid Buddy have all been looted in D7 and Numa since the release of the Numa campaign. To date, I have never seen any proof of these three vanities dropping beyond Numa (i.e., in Slouch-O and SY).
    * Comedy, Tragedy, and Zany Glasses all appeared with the release of the Slouch-O campaign. In addition to dropping within the Slouch-O levels, these three vanities have also been looted within the SY campaign. To date -- much like I stated in my previous bullet -- I haven't seen any proof supporting that these three vanities may be looted prior to Slouch-O.

[11/12/2011] Vanity Desirability:
    * Disclaimer: The following section should be taken with a grain of salt, as the desirability hierarchy will likely shift with the release of new campaign duos.
    * In my humble opinion, the X-Ray Visor is the most difficult vanity to acquire at this point. While hypothesized to "drop anywhere," we have no data to suggest that it still can be looted anywhere. Using my "two campaign life-cycle" hypothesis presented earlier, fewer people are running D7 and Numa these days (i.e., they are being looted less frequently). Moreover, due to their "good looks," owners are more inclined to hang onto these. In turn, X-Ray Visors are currently fetching the highest prices in the C.S., and, likewise, making the fewest appearances.
    * I would rank the Mechanical Man Helmet as the second-most desirable vanity drop. Again, its "looks" -- much like the X-Ray Visor -- certainly influence owners to retain it (thus reducing its
    appearances in the C.S.).
    * Though not seen as much as of late, Squid Buddy seemed to be the most-seen vanity of the X-Ray Visor/Mechanical Man Helmet/Squid Buddy bunch. That said, quite a few people have one (or
    more) of these. As I haven't heard of these dropping outside of D7/Numa as of yet (coupled with fewer people running each of the aforementioned two campaigns where we know this item to drop), I would contend that it's of slightly higher desirability than the forthcoming three vanities.
    * Zany Glasses seem to drop less often than Comedy or Tragedy, though they still seem to be looted fairly often at the moment. For the time being, I think that they should reside here on the desirability totem pole.
    * Comedy and Tragedy are the most-looted/most-seen vanity drops as of right now. As such, I am putting them at the bottom of the desirability ranks.

[10/24/2011] Confirmed Vanity Drop Mechanics:
    * Vanities may be acquired with or without the use of an active luck enhancer.
    * It is possible to loot a vanity in groups of all sizes (including solo runs).
    * Vanities can drop off of both "trash mobs" and bosses.
    * Vanities can be looted from both elite chests and regular chests.

[10/24/2011] Suggested Vanity Farming Locations:
    D7 - DMC
    Numa - OL/Squatter/Mining
    Slouch-O - Venomous/Scorcher
    SY - WT/Bio/Pulse

[11/12/2011] Suggested Vanity "Hot Beds":
    * Disclaimer: While we tend to believe that vanity drop odds are generally "equal" for all mobs within a given level (i.e., 'Mob A' in 'Level A' has the same probability of dropping a vanity as 'Mob N' in 'Level A'), several players (myself included) have seen drop trends which seem to challenge this stance. In turn, since I don't have a substantial amount of data to corroborate this possibility, I have elected to make this section as "food for thought." This information may prove to be rubbish, though, so -- again -- take it with a grain of salt.
    * The mobs in the farthest room from the starting position on the left corridor of DMC (D7).
    * The mobs in the last room of WT (SY).
    * The first spawning mobs within Bio (SY).
    * The final mob pack prior to engaging the boss of Bio (SY).

If you have any additional observations to share, please do! I will do my best to continue to update this database as more information comes in.

Kind Regards,
    -E
    i got skull helm in sy reactor core deck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Saw 5th vanity drop yesterday.Will post the pic later.
    1)Mechanical Man Helm in Numa:Uncharted Ruins near the last set of flowers.I was standing near the place where the dogs spawn while others were killing those flowers.I got that vanity in first or second week after release of numa.

2)Comedy in Slouch-O:Venomous near the engineer's bonus room.I was messaging while it dropped.Someone else got.In the first week of Slouch-O release.

3)Zany Glasses in Shipyards:Biosphere Deck someone else got it from a mob spawning in front of the commando bonus room.In first week of Shipyards release.

4)Tragedy in Shipyards:Reactor Core Deck just near the second turn after two bombs.I got that vanity.

5)Comedy in Shipyards:Biosphere Deck someone else got from one of the mobs spawning at the start of the lvl.

I still dont know you need to kill the mob with vanity to get it or its randomly goes to anyone.The vanities are droping from last 250 days and i guess there are 250 vanities easily in the game.So this means almost one vanity per day?@_@.Hope the data helps.Good Luck
    Last edited by Defyduck; 03-22-2012 at 08:03 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

YAY, Im lv 40 commando w no vainty, can u imagine?
    A veteran who cannot let go the glorified Legends days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Modified 11/12/2011

Vanity drop locations are still somewhat of an enigma, though -- as the days go by (and more of them drop) -- we are gradually able to better piece the story of what drops where together. In an effort to create the best such database possible, I ask that you please share your first-hand observations here -- that is, this thread -- such that we can keep the knowledge share going. My sincere thanks to everyone that has contributed thus far!

Yanis' vanity database (for reference): Link

[10/2/2011] General Community "Consensus" Regarding Vanity Drop Locations:
    * Any vanity can drop in any level of any campaign -- the odds are just extremely low.

[11/12/2011] Ephemeris' Alternative Hypothesis Regarding Vanity Drop Locations:
    * The X-Ray Visor is (or, perhaps, was) the only vanity that can(/could) truly drop anywhere based on the data received to date. Despite the lack of screenshots, several fairly credible reports of X-Ray Visors dropping pre-D7 have surfaced, though all of these reported drops occurred during beta. Post-beta data seems to suggest that vanities can no longer be obtained from campaigns preceding D7 -- this includes the X-Ray Visor. That said, my guess is that the X-Ray Visor was selected by Development as the lone "test vanity" for ensuring drop mechanics and such prior to the release of Numa (whereby it was "relocated" to drop in D7 and Numa, tethered with the Mechanical Man Helmet and Squid Buddy, and enlisted in its "final" drop scheme). As such, I believe that we can safely consider the release of the Numa campaign to be the start of the "true"/"final" vanity drop scheme.
    * Vanities (in pools of three) seem to have a life-cycle of two campaigns (i.e., D7 --> Numa; Slouch-O --> SY). Until we see a new vanity drop in SY, my stance will be that we will not see a new vanity until the campaign following SY (whereby this vanity -- likely packaged with two additional vanities -- will drop through the campaign following the next).
    * The D7 and Numa campaigns both yield X-Ray Visors, Mechanical Man Helmets, and Squid Buddies; perhaps drop odds are slightly better within Numa for the three aforementioned vanities.
    * The Slouch-O and SY campaigns both yield Tragedy, Comedy, and Zany Glasses; perhaps drop odds are slightly better within SY for the three aforementioned vanities.

[11/12/2011] Supporting Observations:
    * The X-Ray Visor is the only vanity that has been reported to drop prior to D7 (during beta; however, no pre-D7, post-beta X-Ray Visor drops have been reported to date).
    * The X-Ray Visor, Mechanical Man Helmet, and Squid Buddy have all been looted in D7 and Numa since the release of the Numa campaign. To date, I have never seen any proof of these three vanities dropping beyond Numa (i.e., in Slouch-O and SY).
    * Comedy, Tragedy, and Zany Glasses all appeared with the release of the Slouch-O campaign. In addition to dropping within the Slouch-O levels, these three vanities have also been looted within the SY campaign. To date -- much like I stated in my previous bullet -- I haven't seen any proof supporting that these three vanities may be looted prior to Slouch-O.

[11/12/2011] Vanity Desirability:
    * Disclaimer: The following section should be taken with a grain of salt, as the desirability hierarchy will likely shift with the release of new campaign duos.
    * In my humble opinion, the X-Ray Visor is the most difficult vanity to acquire at this point. While hypothesized to "drop anywhere," we have no data to suggest that it still can be looted anywhere. Using my "two campaign life-cycle" hypothesis presented earlier, fewer people are running D7 and Numa these days (i.e., they are being looted less frequently). Moreover, due to their "good looks," owners are more inclined to hang onto these. In turn, X-Ray Visors are currently fetching the highest prices in the C.S., and, likewise, making the fewest appearances.
    * I would rank the Mechanical Man Helmet as the second-most desirable vanity drop. Again, its "looks" -- much like the X-Ray Visor -- certainly influence owners to retain it (thus reducing its
    appearances in the C.S.).
    * Though not seen as much as of late, Squid Buddy seemed to be the most-seen vanity of the X-Ray Visor/Mechanical Man Helmet/Squid Buddy bunch. That said, quite a few people have one (or
    more) of these. As I haven't heard of these dropping outside of D7/Numa as of yet (coupled with fewer people running each of the aforementioned two campaigns where we know this item to drop), I would contend that it's of slightly higher desirability than the forthcoming three vanities.
    * Zany Glasses seem to drop less often than Comedy or Tragedy, though they still seem to be looted fairly often at the moment. For the time being, I think that they should reside here on the desirability totem pole.
    * Comedy and Tragedy are the most-looted/most-seen vanity drops as of right now. As such, I am putting them at the bottom of the desirability ranks.

[10/24/2011] Confirmed Vanity Drop Mechanics:
    * Vanities may be acquired with or without the use of an active luck enhancer.
    * It is possible to loot a vanity in groups of all sizes (including solo runs).
    * Vanities can drop off of both "trash mobs" and bosses.
    * Vanities can be looted from both elite chests and regular chests.

[10/24/2011] Suggested Vanity Farming Locations:
    D7 - DMC
    Numa - OL/Squatter/Mining
    Slouch-O - Venomous/Scorcher
    SY - WT/Bio/Pulse

[11/12/2011] Suggested Vanity "Hot Beds":
    * Disclaimer: While we tend to believe that vanity drop odds are generally "equal" for all mobs within a given level (i.e., 'Mob A' in 'Level A' has the same probability of dropping a vanity as 'Mob N' in 'Level A'), several players (myself included) have seen drop trends which seem to challenge this stance. In turn, since I don't have a substantial amount of data to corroborate this possibility, I have elected to make this section as "food for thought." This information may prove to be rubbish, though, so -- again -- take it with a grain of salt.
    * The mobs in the farthest room from the starting position on the left corridor of DMC (D7).
    * The mobs in the last room of WT (SY).
    * The first spawning mobs within Bio (SY).
    * The final mob pack prior to engaging the boss of Bio (SY).

If you have any additional observations to share, please do! I will do my best to continue to update this database as more information comes in.

Kind Regards,
    -E
    Space it out a lil?
    here is mine http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...65-SL-vanities mine isnt as good tho

Jumping through those holes in time and space
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Are you able to update after the Voleria release?

We have the new vanities: Mark of the Warfather, Devourer's Skull Helm, and Scorn Breather [I sense I'm missing one...no?]

I've heard at least the first two most frequently drop in Shipyard (particularly Biosphere, so I hear) [although the first vanity drop I've witnessed (not me T__T) was the Skull Helm in Voleria's Inner Core, the room across entrance with the purplezilla].

With those dropping in Shipyard [I think], are the Slouch-O vanities still dropping in Shipyard as well?

Let me explain the lateness of signatures with a page of my homework.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PianoWizzy View Post

We have the new vanities: Mark of the Warfather, Devourer's Skull Helm, and Scorn Breather [I sense I'm missing one...no?]

I've heard at least the first two most frequently drop in Shipyard (particularly Biosphere, so I hear) [although the first vanity drop I've witnessed (not me T__T) was the Skull Helm in Voleria's Inner Core, the room across entrance with the purplezilla].

With those dropping in Shipyard [I think], are the Slouch-O vanities still dropping in Shipyard as well?
    I think you are missing mechaniel man helm?
    A veteran who cannot let go the glorified Legends days.

Jumping through those holes in time and space
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider023 View Post
    I think you are missing mechaniel man helm?
    The Mecha Man helm is a lot older isn't it? I haven't personally heard about that dropping though.

Let me explain the lateness of signatures with a page of my homework.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PianoWizzy View Post

I think that was me you saw get the skull helm. i have gotten two vanities so far, both from inner core in voleria. the first(skull helm) and the second was classic pink sunglasses from thyra zael (the boss).

p.s.

i look SEXY in those glasses!
    Last edited by awesome4132; 08-03-2012 at 09:59 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

I have yet to get a vanity drop :3