Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it allowed to sell igns?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

i got the name .... CRAP..... Might sell that one day, might not ;-) lol
    Last edited by deafmaster; 10-02-2011 at 09:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deafmaster View Post
    i got the name .... CRAP..... Might sell that one day, might not ;-) lol
    Crap ftw lol!
    It was fun while it lasted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

That iz da booooomb :P lol
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blindmaster View Post
    I mean if it's some random guy who has one post and ign - uezahudebas then i'd probably pass lol, u know what i'm saying.
    My toon is called UEZAHUDEBAS!!! jk

Sound like you're gonna check anyways now, but as you felt the need to post on the forums and also, that there is no clear answer I reckon it'd be a good idea to check.

As already stated above there is no secure way of trading IGNs so it might not be something STS would like to see introduced on a large scale. Sounds like some have already done it safely but make sure you are ultra careful when handing over anything outside of secure trade.

I saw someone with SRINGY in SL, I'd have loved that but not sure I'd pay for it though....lol
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    My toon is called UEZAHUDEBAS!!! jk

Sound like you're gonna check anyways now, but as you felt the need to post on the forums and also, that there is no clear answer I reckon it'd be a good idea to check.

As already stated above there is no secure way of trading IGNs so it might not be something STS would like to see introduced on a large scale. Sounds like some have already done it safely but make sure you are ultra careful when handing over anything outside of secure trade.

I saw someone with SRINGY in SL, I'd have loved that but not sure I'd pay for it though....lol
    Though you felt the need to add it to your Sig??? hahaha Sringy! Just read all of the posts on it

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

That's just stupid (not anyone here...just the idea)....why wouldn't it be allowed? Give me a decent reason and ill give you a valid one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNas View Post
    That's just stupid (not anyone here...just the idea)....why wouldn't it be allowed? Give me a decent reason and ill give you a valid one.
    Well why cross game trades are not allowed? What if i don't want to play pl anymore and other guy doesn't want to plat sl, and i wanted to buy his x rays for 2 mil pl gold. Sounds fair, but it is not allowed. That's why i'm asking about this one.
    It was fun while it lasted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blindmaster View Post
    Well why cross game trades are not allowed? What if i don't want to play pl anymore and other guy doesn't want to plat sl, and i wanted to buy his x rays for 2 mil pl gold. Sounds fair, but it is not allowed. That's why i'm asking about this one.
    Exactly. In the words of Sam, only deals doable in the in-game trade window is acceptable. I don't know with this though, doesn't hurt to ask.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

I was told by a dev this was not allowed. Too easy to scam.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cytokinesis:434505
    Quote Originally Posted by ExperimentNebulaCore View Post
    Someone took rusher already. Lol
    Blindmaster did
    Lmao

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream:434877
    I was told by a dev this was not allowed. Too easy to scam.
    Very true but I'm sure blindmaster ain't out to screw someone over

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Not saying he would. However, it is against the rules, no matter the person, it isn't allowed from what I was told You may get a different answer however, since I had asked before when I recently started playing if trading a player an iTunes card for an item was allowed. One dev said it shouldn't be a problem, another said it's bannable

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream:434884
    Not saying he would. However, it is against the rules, no matter the person, it isn't allowed from what I was told You may get a different answer however, since I had asked before when I recently started playing if trading a player an iTunes card for an item was allowed. One dev said it shouldn't be a problem, another said it's bannable
    Not worth taking the chance aha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exclamation

The only trading that is allowed is what you can do via the secure trade window in game - by Samhayne.

How can we put "name of character" in trade window.

Rules are rules, but no lies...if some1 want sell char or trade items from PL to SL he will just do it.
    Samhayne want protect us from scammers. Thanks to him of course =) But it could be better to allow trades that cant be done via trade window (trading items from PL to ST or selling names) and add a note "on your own risk - we (devs and gods) will not take responsibility for your decision"
    Also i do not like idea with selling names. Come on....who do you think you are....
    If you want sell characters, sure do it. But exp him to max lvl with for example 0 deaths. But making 100 accounts (said 100 but it can be even 5 only - you got the idea) only to reserve names and sell them is stupid. You are just selfish. This is worse than scam as scam can be avoided. And what can do guy that cannot use his lovely alias because some1 reserved it to make money?? Nothing. He can just pay you or give up. Yeye call me how you want. I said what i think and you have chance to comment me of course.

PS: well i wanted create character "poor" but it was reserved too. I have great memories with "poor" word (no details) and i wanted back to past and celebrete it by using that very special for me name. Now im forced to use casual word. Something that has no sentimental value. I just hope that name is used by some1 who is really playing. Not by some1 who is reserving a lot of names just to sell them in future.
    Last edited by Booya; 10-03-2011 at 07:51 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Booya View Post
    The only trading that is allowed is what you can do via the secure trade window in game - by Samhayne.

How can we put "name of character" in trade window.

Rules are rules, but no lies...if some1 want sell char or trade items from PL to SL he will just do it.
    Samhayne want protect us from scammers. Thanks to him of course =) But it could be better to allow trades that cant be done via trade window (trading items from PL to ST or selling names) and add a note "on your own risk - we (devs and gods) will not take responsibility for your decision"
    Also i do not like idea with selling names. Come on....who do you think you are....
    If you want sell characters, sure do it. But exp him to max lvl with for example 0 deaths. But making 100 accounts (said 100 but it can be even 5 only - you got the idea) only to reserve names and sell them is stupid. You are just selfish. This is worse than scam as scam can be avoided. And what can do guy that cannot use his lovely alias because some1 reserved it to make money?? Nothing. He can just pay you or give up. Yeye call me how you want. I said what i think and you have chance to comment me of course.

PS: well i wanted create character "poor" but it was reserved too. I have great memories with "poor" word (no details) and i wanted back to past and celebrete it by using that very special for me name. Now im forced to use casual word. Something that has no sentimental value. I just hope that name is used by some1 who is really playing. Not by some1 who is reserving a lot of names just to sell them in future.
    You are entitled to your opinion and make some strong arguments. I know now that it is not allowed so i won't argue with that. However you can't blame a guy for asking the if it is allowed, and for trying to make business. I can say with reasonable certainty that the "reserving of names" has been happening since SL's beta days, and that there must be thousands of names that are lying dormant. If it were allowed and some guy offered you "poor" for 2000 credits, I'm pretty sure you'd be happy to get it back, and happy that it wasn't wasting away. Just saying, it could have worked out in your favor too :-)
    Last edited by deafmaster; 10-07-2011 at 06:18 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Just want to play devils advocate on this issue. You can sell guilds, according to the developers. That transaction cannot be done via the trade window.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reggin View Post
    Just want to play devils advocate on this issue. You can sell guilds, according to the developers. That transaction cannot be done via the trade window.
    I would like to see the post that says this. The only thing I recall was a statement that you can transfer the guild to someone else. I wouldn't recommend exchanging credits (or gold in PL) for guild leadership. Pretty sure that is not ok.

Tapatalk'd from my PowerWashed Fascinate
    PL ign: Yvonnel - 66 Enchantress / Yvonnela - 65 Archer / Yvonnelw - 55 Warrior