Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2017-01-18 Content Update (221631)

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,150 Posts

Default 2017-01-18 Content Update (221631)

Increased super-Elite speed bonus +75% (was +55%).
    The Speed component of the super-Elite itemset no longer applies in PVP Arenas.
    Removed Mana contribution from endgame INT items.
    Removed Mana from endgame INT item set bonuses.
    Reduced the amount of armor contributed by endgame INT items.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Can't believing you guys are constantly updating the game ! <3 Bringing back the Loco in PL !

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ZedMaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Cinco, my crush.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Was cool seeing speed set in pvp was fun.

ELITE

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Mages heal is too weak... if mages are going to have this much less mana they need to have heals back, i currently have more hp then mana as mage, this seems backwards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Also, what was the point in nerfing mages heal if you were going to nerf mage/int in general? Jilsponie has a point. Its pretty backwards. I paid 35m+ in coins and sold all the vanity i have such as angel set. Just so i could pvp. Basically destroying int mages. Now dex mages and birds op. Since one reason you guys nerfed mage was because people were complaining about it. Can you nerf them too?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

What my thoughts are on a "balanced" pvp is not equal stats for every char, but for each class to have an advantage over the other. I call it the Rock Paper Scissors balance. Bears should have the most health, armor, health regen. Birds should have the most dodge(3x more than bears) and half the amount of crit mages would have, but very low armor. Mages would have 4x the amount of crit bears have, 50/50 health and mana and a lot of mana regen with a little bit more armor than birds. I think 50/50 mana health ration for mages is very fair considering they have mana to use as health. Idk about this, it's just my thoughts on what a balanced pvp would be like cinco. What do you think?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Removing mana and making it so that health is higher than mana seems like a bad change.

Having heal do such low amounts of heal is even worse now that mages received such a large nerf to mana and armor. Mages may have needed a slight nerf to armor, but nerfing them roughly 180ish armor on top of a 500ish mana reduction seems way too drastic.

Seems like DEX will rule now in pvp, considering STR sets have been bad because they did not receive an armor buff from a prior update like patch notes say they did, and INT sets received such a large nerf today. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a lot more bow mages in pvp now.

EDIT: yep. bow mages seem to destroy wand mages now.
    Last edited by Dolloway; 01-18-2017 at 09:18 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Almost 200 armor nerf :0

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bous View Post
    Almost 200 armor nerf :0
    Yeah wow... just wow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mymysticalmage View Post
    Also, what was the point in nerfing mages heal if you were going to nerf mage/int in general? Jilsponie has a point. Its pretty backwards. I paid 35m+ in coins and sold all the vanity i have such as angel set. Just so i could pvp. Basically destroying int mages. Now dex mages and birds op. Since one reason you guys nerfed mage was because people were complaining about it. Can you nerf them too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Onepropally View Post
    What my thoughts are on a "balanced" pvp is not equal stats for every char, but for each class to have an advantage over the other. I call it the Rock Paper Scissors balance. Bears should have the most health, armor, health regen. Birds should have the most dodge(3x more than bears) and half the amount of crit mages would have, but very low armor. Mages would have 4x the amount of crit bears have, 50/50 health and mana and a lot of mana regen with a little bit more armor than birds. I think 50/50 mana health ration for mages is very fair considering they have mana to use as health. Idk about this, it's just my thoughts on what a balanced pvp would be like cinco. What do you think?
    This is not backwards, infect manapool was gone to wrong-wards, if you look at any previous decent level cap items, you find that direct mana wasn't there. Along with the fact that high attribute points already giving high mana, thus no class deserve such mana, only creates imbalance and favour one particular class. Only mana from all endgame items have been nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    Removing mana and making it so that health is higher than mana seems like a bad change.

Having heal do such low amounts of heal is even worse now that mages received such a large nerf to mana and armor. Mages may have needed a slight nerf to armor, but nerfing them roughly 180ish armor on top of a 500ish mana reduction seems way too drastic.

Seems like DEX will rule now in pvp, considering STR sets have been bad because they did not receive an armor buff from a prior update like patch notes say they did, and INT sets received such a large nerf today. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a lot more bow mages in pvp now.

EDIT: yep. bow mages seem to destroy wand mages now.
    Bow mages have high dmg but loose significant amount of health & mana pool, armor, that's where wand mages can easily find their scope of advantage.

Although many mages gone derex talon set, and strax they'll soon find that wand set is better than talon set in lots of aspects and most will be back to wand.

Infect now there will be some diversity some will be dex and some int and also we will see birds and bears back on arena unlike before where we could find only like one and two bear/bird and still because of the fact that they could be helpful in 3-3 or they could hide behind their guildies.

Sure int set could get a little less armor nerf but for that blaster/derex/strax also should get adequate changes.
    Last edited by Waug; 01-19-2017 at 06:23 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    Bow mages have high dmg but loose significant amount of health & mana pool, armor, that's where wand mages can easily find their scope of advantage.

Although many mages gone derex talon set, and strax they'll soon find that wand set is better than talon set in lots of aspects and most will be back to wand.

Infect now there will be some diversity some will be dex and some int and also we will see birds and bears back on arena unlike before where we could find only like one and two bear/bird and still because of the fact that they could be helpful in 3-3 or they could hide behind their guildies.

Sure int set could get a little less armor nerf but for that blaster/derex/strax also should get adequate changes.
    Have you even checked stats on bow mages and wand mages since the update?

Bow mages have more armor than wand mages now. Why is it that wand mages wearing a set with a shield have less armor than a mage wearing only arzac bow with derex helm and armor which has no shield?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    Have you even checked stats on bow mages and wand mages since the update?

Bow mages have more armor than wand mages now. Why is it that wand mages wearing a set with a shield have less armor than a mage wearing only arzac bow with derex helm and armor which has no shield?
    That's true I didn't but it should be cause blaster got armor and damage buff several times.

BUT STILL blaster mage IS WEAKER in some way and the scope of advantage I talked is still there but definitely there should be diversity in class and builds.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

That's true I didn't but it should be cause blaster got armor and damage buff several times.

BUT STILL blaster mage IS WEAKER in some way and the scope of advantage I talked is still there but definitely there should be diversity in class and builds.
    You have no idea what your talking about imo... 1) Your a bird talking about how mage works. 2) Judging from your videos on YouTube your problem has always been Internet connection. That being said the solution to your dying in pvp isn't ruining another class, it's getting better Internet service. I've always lost to good birds like kanital, the problem has never been pvp balance. It's been your lack of connection speed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jilsponie View Post
    You have no idea what your talking about imo... 1) Your a bird talking about how mage works. 2) Judging from your videos on YouTube your problem has always been Internet connection. That being said the solution to your dying in pvp isn't ruining another class, it's getting better Internet service. I've always lost to good birds like kanital, the problem has never been pvp balance. It's been your lack of connection speed.
    And the post u quoted, NOTHING HAS BEEN SAID ABOUT BIRDS. And for the rest I don't even have little bit intention at this moment to answer a pure rage post

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

And the post u quoted, NOTHING HAS BEEN SAID ABOUT BIRDS. And for the rest I don't even have little bit intention at this moment to answer a pure rage post
    I said your a bird.... If it doesn't make sense read it again slower this time. I just think it's horrible your consistent complaints on forums ruined an entire class for pve and pvp. New intex sets after recent 500+ mana nerf and roughly 190 armor nerf combined with previous nerf to heal make the set impossible to use pvp and not worth the trouble to farm without 3x.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

I said your a bird.... If it doesn't make sense read it again slower this time. I just think it's horrible your consistent complaints on forums ruined an entire class for pve and pvp. New intex sets after recent 500+ mana nerf and roughly 190 armor nerf combined with previous nerf to heal make the set impossible to use pvp and not worth the trouble to farm without 3x.
    I don't know at what time of pl your PvP knowledge evolved around. But you should need to know that items should not provide such huge mana, you actually were enjoying such huge unjusrified advantage as mage. That mana has been nerfed from items.

As for armor, although I never asked for such huge armor nerf stop refrain from making false statement by saying it's not viable at pve and pvp, I should say now please learn mages and at this point intex armor should be buffed a bit but at the same time mages skills drain should be nerfed a bit. Blaster should get slight damage nerf but health pool boost.

Lastly there's huge difference between complain and stating logical facts

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

I don't know at what time of pl your PvP knowledge evolved around. But you should need to know that items should not provide such huge mana, you actually were enjoying such huge unjusrified advantage as mage. That mana has been nerfed from items.

As for armor, although I never asked for such huge armor nerf stop refrain from making false statement by saying it's not viable at pve and pvp, I should say now please learn mages and at this point intex armor should be buffed a bit but at the same time mages skills drain should be nerfed a bit. Blaster should get slight damage nerf but health pool boost.

Lastly there's huge difference between complain and stating logical facts
    I've been in pvp for years... account created 2011-12-30. As for not needing the mana supply it seems your not taking into account the massive damage new sets do. With less the 1k mana and classes doing 1k dps before skills are even considered, that makes the skill itself pretty useless now. If you use it you lose the ability to use all other skills, if you don't use it you die instantly .... look at the hp difference from 77 str set to 80 str set. Mana is pretty much a mages hp. That being said i have only about 70 more mana then with my lust set.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

I've been in pvp for years... account created 2011-12-30. As for not needing the mana supply it seems your not taking into account the massive damage new sets do. With less the 1k mana and classes doing 1k dps before skills are even considered, that makes the skill itself pretty useless now. If you use it you lose the ability to use all other skills, if you don't use it you die instantly .... look at the hp difference from 77 str set to 80 str set. Mana is pretty much a mages hp. That being said i have only about 70 more mana then with my lust set.
    Name:  IMG_20170119_205739.JPG
Views: 347
Size:  189.9 KB

Where's mana in the item? I don't wanna post ss of earlier to recent level cap items eg L51,55,56,61,66 etc, u should look at it in the cs.

Also may I ask what was ur rough health pool to mana pool ratio at any decent previous level cap?

PvP global DMG nerf is 22% mages buffed armor was ~633 ms cooldownn reduction 40 point armor further on ms high heal, breaching that for any other class was tough as for blaster, mages can 2h kill blaster .

It's not clear to me what you talked about 77-80 str HP, HP has been buffed 20% few days ago, all class.
    Last edited by Waug; 01-19-2017 at 10:45 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Name:  IMG_20170119_205739.JPG
Views: 347
Size:  189.9 KB

Where's mana in the item? I don't wanna post ss of earlier to recent level cap items eg L51,55,56,61,66 etc, u should look at it in the cs.

Also may I ask what was ur rough health pool to mana pool ratio at any decent previous level cap?

It's not clear to me what you talked about 77-80 str HP, HP has been buffed 20% few days ago, all class.
    56 mages have nearly a 2 to 1 ratio of mana to health at 403 health and 785 mana. As i said before as far as mana pool is concerned your not taking into account the massive damage new sets have. If you're going to be looking at the mana contributions of lower levels to base off of you should do a comparison across the board. How much hp contribution do lower level str sets have for example... When the new gear was released without a new level cap it changed the game as far as gear contributions go. The gear has to be better then previous gear or nobody wants it. Massive damage was added, hp was added to most classes to compensate, mages got mana as they have always had nearly a 2 to 1 mana to health ratio.