Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nuri pink drops are not random

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfader View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraze View Post
    So many of these drop threads all saying something different all swearing to have it figured out it's random pure b simple
    Well I have always tought they are random, but this tome it shows strongly for me it isn't.
    If you can prove me wrong please do so and provide me with screenshot where first player gets pink and last doesn't.
    Ok I accept your challenge. I don't like to brag but I get these drops in a circuit we were running maps 1-4. I was not the host and I was not the last to die. The only reason I grabbed the first screen was due to my shock of double pink. Second one I grabbed because I couldn't believe my luck that I got half of an obed set in one run through enjoy:

Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Ok I accept your challenge. I don't like to brag but I get these drops in a circuit we were running maps 1-4. I was not the host and I was not the last to die. The only reason I grabbed the first screen was due to my shock of double pink. Second one I grabbed because I couldn't believe my luck that I got half of an obed set in one run through enjoy:

Both images, nobody got drop after you and you were last one to get drop and hit pink. Finely confirmed my theory with screenshots.
    Pocket legends: Eagle (Endgame Bird), Magic (endgame mage), Getnuked (voodoo mage)
    Star legends: Eng (Engineer), Rapid (operative)
    Dark legends: Sucker (vampire queen)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Both images, nobody got drop after you and you were last one to get drop and hit pink. Finely confirmed my theory with screenshots.
    So how do you explain if a host gets the pink? If someone who joins the game second and doesn't die gets the pink?

I'm 100% sure I've been either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

But how do you confirm order before drop is received and why are you so positive that the pinks aren't just listed at the bottom (last) for the sake of convenience so players can see a good drop occurred?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Ok so you looked at the pretty pictures again I was not the last to die not the last to join the map. The devs may have moved pink to show last so it's findable amongst the junk.
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    So how do you explain if a host gets the pink? If someone who joins the game second and doesn't die gets the pink?

I neve seen host to get pink without he die.
    Jpins second and doesn't die, loots pink. It would break this my theory but who can prove this to me? I haven't so far seen shuch situation that's why I am excepting they are not random.

Quote Originally Posted by TANKKAAR View Post
    But how do you confirm order before drop is received and why are you so positive that the pinks aren't just listed at the bottom (last) for the sake of convenience so players can see a good drop occurred?
    I don't really know how to confirm order before, except keep eye if someone die / if new guy joins or nobody die so you could see order from mini boss. (if that map have one)

Also I can confirm tha they are not listed at bottom by looking order of mini boss and real boss drop order if anyone didn't die. Also I have lately keep eye on this and tracking all the time who is last one, when we go to boss I follow and see who gets pink and so far always been guy who I been "predicting".

Still got to say I'm not sure about this, that's why I made thread to discuss about it and propably devs could check the drop system.
    Pocket legends: Eagle (Endgame Bird), Magic (endgame mage), Getnuked (voodoo mage)
    Star legends: Eng (Engineer), Rapid (operative)
    Dark legends: Sucker (vampire queen)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Take my word, I've gotten a pink as a host without dying. I've also gotten a pink as the second/third to have joined a game (when a friend hosts a game).

IMO, you're just over-thinking it, it's really just random

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

I neve seen host to get pink without he die.
    Jpins second and doesn't die, loots pink. It would break this my theory but who can prove this to me? I haven't so far seen shuch situation that's why I am excepting they are not random.

Quote Originally Posted by TANKKAAR View Post
    I don't really know how to confirm order before, except keep eye if someone die / if new guy joins or nobody die so you could see order from mini boss. (if that map have one)

Also I can confirm tha they are not listed at bottom by looking order of mini boss and real boss drop order if anyone didn't die. Also I have lately keep eye on this and tracking all the time who is last one, when we go to boss I follow and see who gets pink and so far always been guy who I been "predicting".

Still got to say I'm not sure about this, that's why I made thread to discuss about it and propably devs could check the drop system.
    Ok you can confirm pic to prove it I did prove that at least at some point (4-5 patches ago) the pinks simply showed at bottom
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I would like to say that I have thought about this and seen situations where it didn't go this way.

It seems the drops in the chat are ordered by rarity. Whoever gets the rarest drop will appear at the bottom of the chat. When someone gets a blade etc if there are no pinks, they appear at the bottom. I think that your correlating this backwards.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ixillicus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Take my word, I've gotten a pink as a host without dying. I've also gotten a pink as the second/third to have joined a game (when a friend hosts a game).

Thread like this surface on every content release for some reason...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post

Thread like this surface on every content release for some reason...
    Never fails pocket legends and pink conspiracy theories are like peanut butter and jelly just the way it is. The people that get the drops think that the item isn't rare enough and the people with more oranges than the state of FL are looking for anything or anyone (read devs) to blame
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kraze View Post
    more oranges than the state of fl
    roflmfaocopter.....

14. The Following User Says Thank You to TANKKAAR For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ixillicus View Post
    I would like to say that I have thought about this and seen situations where it didn't go this way.

It seems the drops in the chat are ordered by rarity. Whoever gets the rarest drop will appear at the bottom of the chat. When someone gets a blade etc if there are no pinks, they appear at the bottom. I think that your correlating this backwards.
    This. Drops are listed to show the rare drop at the end. It doesn't correlate to deaths, join order, or hosting. It is just so we can all see who got the good stuff so we can post "gratz" "wow" "lucky" "boot" or whatever it is that strikes us at the moment of truth.

I got 2 two glyphs and 3 blades yesterday. In all 5 cases I was the second toon to join the runs and didn't die. We were a roid rage (4x elixer) party -- no body was dying except the mobs. And the host got two crafting drops without dying. In every case the best drop was listed last with no connection to join order or deaths (there were none).

Just what my personal experience is telling me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doubletime View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixillicus View Post

This. Drops are listed to show the rare drop at the end. It doesn't correlate to deaths, join order, or hosting. It is just so we can all see who got the good stuff so we can post "gratz" "wow" "lucky" "boot" or whatever it is that strikes us at the moment of truth.

I got 2 two glyphs and 3 blades yesterday. In all 5 cases I was the second toon to join the runs and didn't die. We were a roid rage (4x elixer) party -- no body was dying except the mobs. And the host got two crafting drops without dying. In every case the best drop was listed last with no connection to join order or deaths (there were none).

Just what my personal experience is telling me.
    This to his/her this post

So many drops in nuri sometimes the boss drops two items to the whole party that's 10 items now toss in a few rerolls and we are talking about 15-20 lines of chat text. By placing the pinks at end it saves a lot of precious seconds for those of you that use elixirs.
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

2. In my opinion pinks and crafting materials roll in different loots. Also it could be possible that if last player loots pink, second last player have possibility to loot pink. As side not I have never seen pink to drop for first and las player in order. It always been double pink for last one, or pink drops for two last players in order.
    Just throwing this out there as another possibility...it could be plain ole advertising...personally I usually only have one line showing for chat box...and always when a valued drop happens that is what I see. It could be STS has fixed it so that everyone can see a valued dropped happened to encourage more runs, comraderie, envy (hehe)...you name what ever reason you want. Bottom line, yes it seems the last person on the drop list gets pink, but how do you know you are the last person if STS is intentionly putting the person with the valued drop last to show everyone who has only one line showing in chat box?

Ariskabar (warrior 66), Weoki (mage 52), Hanaty (bird 61), Bucketofbolts (mage 30) Visit my threat guide! Join The Farmers' Collective.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

I can post another pic if needed it won't prove join order because I'm not gonna take a pic at the start of every single map and then of each death however I joined a guild run at hop was last to join and in very typical fashion cleared the map zero deaths yet when the crafting item dropped it was last item on list and did not go to me
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Ok sorry for multi post too much pain to edit on app. This is not to brag but to prove that best drop ends up on bottom happened in back to back runs mini dropped craft boss dropped pink crimsontider can confirm nobody died nobody joined late enjoy

Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Completely disagree with your entire theory, soz.

(Although I have seen a host get a slightly higher proportion of crafting drops the last couple of days..although it could just 'seem' that way).

Everyone gets their own individual roll. There is no 'team roll' as you suggest, that anyone has ever discerned/confirmed. Nor do I think we will ever be able to confirm it anyway, and I am pretty sure da sneeky devs would never confirm such a thing anyway.

I have seen video-recorded runs with myself and the video-er in them, and the list of players on his screen was in a completely different order than mine. Everyone's screen is different....unless of course this has been changed semi-recently.

I am 99% sure, or more, that the crafting materials are a completely separate roll that will be listed as the last of the drops in the chat window.

Also, if someone rolls for a pink, the chat window arranges itself so that that person's drop is on the bottom...but has nothing to do with the order of players during the run.

All conjecture/personal observation, of course.

Edit: Just saw Doubletime's post above. I believe he is completely correct.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 10-03-2011 at 06:44 PM.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Moogerfooger For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default not me

I never got a pink drop yet

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

I can confirm Kraze's "krazy" luck tonight. (See what I did there??)

I hosted an hours worth of runs in which Kraze was always the second to join and got EVERY SINGLE good drop. However, this does not prove you theory of the host being incapable of getting drops. During my run to 61, I hosted all of my runs and recieved to glyph drops.

As most have stated, it's random and always had been. If you still believe your theory is true, then remember to tell the mages in Keeper runs to not use their mana shield.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

24. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post: