Thread: Balanced Daggers

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Default Balanced Daggers

The proc is ridiculously weak. The curse proc which is supposed to damage the enemy was doing 2 damage per tick in pvp to a tank. The healing was about 40-50 hp and 10 mana per tick, with a tiny range. Utterly insignificant.

I know daggers are meant to be close range, but let's be honest, at least in pvp no rogue goes close enough to use auto attack, and even if they do, they don't waste time using auto attacks.

The nature of the proc needs to be re examined imo, but if that is something devs will not do, the power definitely needs to be buffed. ATM, the only reason to have them is for the crit boost, extra jewel slot and extra awakening spot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

I managed to get the balance scepter, Curse skill from the staff is kind of not very useful on mobs in somberholt takes me so much longer to kill mass group of mobs. I am not sure this curse is good in pvp cause i stop pvping for awhile.

If mobs are frozen by timeshift or ice they are not attacking under curse effect from the staff doesnt do anything to them end up taking more time to kill. When mobs are not frozen we are dead since they comes in a big massive group at times.

Somehow staff should be better use in PVE but this staff doesn't seems to be better than the immortal staff (fantastic banish rate or hex staff dealing massive DOT). Balance weapon doesn't comes cheap need to craft them using balance scale and bars etc...

sts please re-look at the process of the curse from the balance weapon to deal more damage on DOT irregardless mobs are frozen or not attacking.
    Last edited by will0; 01-25-2017 at 06:43 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by will0 View Post
    I managed to get the balance scepter, Curse skill from the staff is kind of not very useful on mobs in somberholt takes me so much longer to kill mass group of mobs. I am not sure this curse is good in pvp cause i stop pvping for awhile.

If mobs are frozen by timeshift or ice they are not attacking under curse effect from the staff doesnt do anything to them end up taking more time to kill. When mobs are not frozen we are dead since they comes in a big massive group at times.

Somehow staff should be better use in PVE but this staff doesn't seems to be better than the immortal staff (fantastic banish rate or hex staff dealing massive DOT). Balance weapon doesn't comes cheap need to craft them using balance scale and bars etc...

sts please re-look at the process of the curse from the balance weapon to deal more damage on DOT irregardless mobs are frozen or not attacking.
    How is the damage per tick? For daggers it is literally 14 dmg in pve and 2-6 in pvp depending on the class you attack. It stacks 3 times but it is still insignificant when you consider that the graveyard mobs have over 30k hp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Lol....sad but true. Balance staff isnt worth the costs with this low procs. I have it just for blingbling when i am standing around afk in town. When i run elites i prefer hex or dragstaff.
    Sts u should look into it and fix all new balanced weps. I thought they would be fine....they r just vanities at all.

IGN: HARTHOLZWURM; Endgamemage
    Weeeeew, i am a cool one ;-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    350 Posts

Can't see anything useful in these new daggers, except for the light effect and a bit better stats. In Mausoleum I play with drag blades and immo bow. Also in combination with a mage's new mythic gun my balanced daggers suck. Damage output, heal and crowd control are barely existant. I am used to charging basic attack when I am in a mob pull and with the new daggers I switch from dark to light wihout wanting it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Faliziaga For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

NPC sells unbalanced scales for 1,000,000 each, and this is what we get? Wow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Faliziaga View Post
    Can't see anything useful in these new daggers, except for the light effect and a bit better stats. In Mausoleum I play with drag blades and immo bow. Also in combination with a mage's new mythic gun my balanced daggers suck. Damage output, heal and crowd control are barely existant. I am used to charging basic attack when I am in a mob pull and with the new daggers I switch from dark to light wihout wanting it.
    can feel you... i also like to charge basic attack sometimes, especially for first strikes, i also had same problem with kershal, dragon staff, elondrian bulwark, and glintstone aegis.

i hope we will have 2 step charge in the future, or simply option to turn on/off this kind of special charged effect.

anyway, glintstone aegis, has a longer charging time than normal weapons, but has no additional effect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

I cant fully agree with u, Holzwurm , as I like the new Bulwark a lot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

These weps all need stronger procs imo. The procs also need a bit more visual aswell.the gun has a very good looking dark proc tho!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spell View Post
    These weps all need stronger procs imo. The procs also need a bit more visual aswell.the gun has a very good looking dark proc tho!
    The gun proc is pretty powerful. It's almost an extra basic attack, which is already powerful.