Thread: A solution against being afk in gladiator arena.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Default A solution against being afk in gladiator arena.

It's really disturbing to see few players being afk repeatedly in arena maps just to get the benefits without any efforts. How about the guaranteed arena chests drops being limited to atleast two boss kills per players in arena map , that is every player has to help his party to kill atleast two boss in order to receive the arena chest drop. This could also be encouraging to the working players there.

Sent from my SM-J200G using Tapatalk
    my entry is my signature!
    quileos: my guess is 1999

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Remap or solo party, you will be ok.
    D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by quileos View Post
    It's really disturbing to see few players being afk repeatedly in arena maps just to get the benefits without any efforts. How about the guaranteed arena chests drops being limited to atleast two boss kills per players in arena map , that is every player has to help his party to kill atleast two boss in order to receive the arena chest drop. This could also be encouraging to the working players there.

There r leechers everywhere not just arena there r many in Somberholt maps. I have seen a lot of players going AFK after entering a map n after a minute just say "Ping" "Lagg" & just run or jump up when others r near boss n kill to earn their loot, its a bit unfair for other 3 players who put in their effort to clean up the whole map.

Solution would be simple by adding up an option "KICK" along with Inspect, Invite & others with an auto-enable option(To ensure that players don't kick others whomever they don't like to see in maps along with them) which automatically gets enabled after 1 Min of AFK or if the player fails to make any sort of movements in the map & can be kicked by other 3 play ONLY if 2 out 3 players vote to kick the player, also with a warning/notification for the player "You have received a vote to be kicked". Once the player receives the 2nd vote he ll be automatically sent back to a random town/a town where he previously was.
    Last edited by Ceuidear; 01-24-2017 at 12:26 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I always liked when I get curse so I can kill em and then remap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

i understand your concern but all this is too much to do for the dev. they already have enough to do. i dont see the big deal in this as the arena is very slow. i don't mind afk players as they the bosses are not very hard. Also sometimes i tend to get bored waiting for 15 sec. i understand why someone might be going afk. People who hardcore farm arena most often need to do this because they are not very rewarding. also we had option to kick people suggestions before but don't think it would work

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

its not only arena (and arena is really easy even to solo).. its everywhere. ppl afk in maus ... u clear half map then they move and dont even say anything..

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Not just in arena they are in all maps event,new maps etc.. them parasites unless sts do something about them, parasites will always be there seen them back when i started playing AL till to this day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Arena is not hard so type /party solo or create your own party with friends :P

[Gamer 🎮] [Public Loudspeaker 📢] [Forum adept 🔧] [Economist 💰] [Positive user 💡] [Verified Profile ✔️]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by quileos View Post

The thing is.... The arena is so effortless these days that this is actually an issue that doesn't hurt anyone..... Best solution to this, if it bothers you, is to just re-map, or ignore it..... I've played the map many times when a person or 2 just does nothing because they really do not have to due to the fact that the arena is so under scaled, i've even done it myself (accidentally... I'd get my teapot from off the fire and just let me character sit and allow the others to saly the bosses because they really don't need me.....

When/if the arena gets scaled/upgraded, there will be no more afk in arena.... Trust me.........

There is no need for a solution to being afk in the arena right now........ It's almost like trying to find a solution to players being afk in normal brackenridge forest when at cap level........

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azerothraven View Post
    i understand your concern but all this is too much to do for the dev. they already have enough to do. i dont see the big deal in this as the arena is very slow. i don't mind afk players as they the bosses are not very hard. Also sometimes i tend to get bored waiting for 15 sec. i understand why someone might be going afk. People who hardcore farm arena most often need to do this because they are not very rewarding. also we had option to kick people suggestions before but don't think it would work
    about the dev, its their job. they got paid because of it.