Thread: Could someone remind me why?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Default Could someone remind me why?

Could someone remind me why when compared to bows of the same type (brutality, force, potency etc.), daggers have higher:

- Armor
    - Visual stat damage
    - Skill damage

Greatly appreciated, thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Daggers require you to be very near the enemy to deal harm to the boss/mobs. Having a bow you dont need to be near the boss/mob. Same thing with the gun and staff for mages. Both have their pros and cons.
    #Bluelivesmatter #StopTrashTreads2017 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF5...BTc_Pp4oWa2kwQ

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Perceval View Post
    Could someone remind me why when compared to bows of the same type (brutality, force, potency etc.), daggers have higher:

- Armor
    - Visual stat damage
    - Skill damage

Chocolaty hit the nail on the head. I'd like to add that while dagger may do overall more damage in maps where mobs are heavily grouped (e.g. Mausoleum), they also make you more vulnerable. With a bow you can change your skills so you use shadow storm shot instead of razor or traps, and this way you can keep your distance from mobs, while still doing comparable damage.

One thing I want to add is that in PvP there is an added bonus to a bow. You can *and most rogues do not know this* add an auto attack between your aimed shot and pierce without any delay. This adds a solid 1k damage to your combo (if not more!)

I personally prefer a bow for lower elites - especially timed runs.

Hope that helps!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Perceval View Post

- Armor
    - Visual stat damage
    - Skill damage

Regarding visual stat damage, it kills me that so many players devalue bows because daggers stat damage appears higher.
    Do you know how many players would ditch daggers and get bows if it showed the true 200% dmg value?!
    Just because it looks good on paper. I hate that! I wish bows and guns showed true damage on stat screen.

And one more thing, I love the look and stance the rogue and mage takes when holding a gun or bow too, compared to daggers and staff, lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

I would've thought that the higher armor on daggers would ideally compensate for having to be at a close range to deliver auto attacks. As for the auto attack damage: it seems to be higher for bows at first glance, although when daggers are used to attack the maximum amount of targets, they would have a higher total auto attack damage output, also considering bows are generally single target weapons. Giving the daggers: higher visual damage, higher skill damage and higher armor, (and technically also higher total auto attack damage) seemed a bit off.

I would think there would be more of a bonus than range alone considering you can use bow type skills while having a dagger equipped.

If i remember correctly, bows generally had higher visual and skill damage than daggers in AL history. I thought this was a good thing since daggers usually had higher: health, crit, dodge, mana and armor (general attributes for close ranged combat).

Thanks guys. Greatly appreciated responses.
    Last edited by Perceval; 01-24-2017 at 06:35 PM.