Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Balanced Daggers

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,089
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    185
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    536
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

    Default Balanced Daggers

    The proc is ridiculously weak. The curse proc which is supposed to damage the enemy was doing 2 damage per tick in pvp to a tank. The healing was about 40-50 hp and 10 mana per tick, with a tiny range. Utterly insignificant.

    I know daggers are meant to be close range, but let's be honest, at least in pvp no rogue goes close enough to use auto attack, and even if they do, they don't waste time using auto attacks.

    The nature of the proc needs to be re examined imo, but if that is something devs will not do, the power definitely needs to be buffed. ATM, the only reason to have them is for the crit boost, extra jewel slot and extra awakening spot.

  2. #2
    Senior Member will0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,937
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    342
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    237
    Thanked in
    180 Posts

    Default

    I managed to get the balance scepter, Curse skill from the staff is kind of not very useful on mobs in somberholt takes me so much longer to kill mass group of mobs. I am not sure this curse is good in pvp cause i stop pvping for awhile.

    If mobs are frozen by timeshift or ice they are not attacking under curse effect from the staff doesnt do anything to them end up taking more time to kill. When mobs are not frozen we are dead since they comes in a big massive group at times.

    Somehow staff should be better use in PVE but this staff doesn't seems to be better than the immortal staff (fantastic banish rate or hex staff dealing massive DOT). Balance weapon doesn't comes cheap need to craft them using balance scale and bars etc...

    sts please re-look at the process of the curse from the balance weapon to deal more damage on DOT irregardless mobs are frozen or not attacking.
    Last edited by will0; 01-25-2017 at 06:43 PM.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,089
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    185
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    536
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by will0 View Post
    I managed to get the balance scepter, Curse skill from the staff is kind of not very useful on mobs in somberholt takes me so much longer to kill mass group of mobs. I am not sure this curse is good in pvp cause i stop pvping for awhile.

    If mobs are frozen by timeshift or ice they are not attacking under curse effect from the staff doesnt do anything to them end up taking more time to kill. When mobs are not frozen we are dead since they comes in a big massive group at times.

    Somehow staff should be better use in PVE but this staff doesn't seems to be better than the immortal staff (fantastic banish rate or hex staff dealing massive DOT). Balance weapon doesn't comes cheap need to craft them using balance scale and bars etc...

    sts please re-look at the process of the curse from the balance weapon to deal more damage on DOT irregardless mobs are frozen or not attacking.
    How is the damage per tick? For daggers it is literally 14 dmg in pve and 2-6 in pvp depending on the class you attack. It stacks 3 times but it is still insignificant when you consider that the graveyard mobs have over 30k hp.

  4. #4
    Forum Adept Hartholzwurm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Ingame
    Posts
    434
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    46
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    87
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

    Default

    Lol....sad but true. Balance staff isnt worth the costs with this low procs. I have it just for blingbling when i am standing around afk in town. When i run elites i prefer hex or dragstaff.
    Sts u should look into it and fix all new balanced weps. I thought they would be fine....they r just vanities at all.

    IGN: HARTHOLZWURM; Endgamemage
    Weeeeew, i am a cool one ;-)

  5. #5
    Senior Member Faliziaga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    now
    Posts
    2,045
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    771
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    538
    Thanked in
    350 Posts

    Default

    Can't see anything useful in these new daggers, except for the light effect and a bit better stats. In Mausoleum I play with drag blades and immo bow. Also in combination with a mage's new mythic gun my balanced daggers suck. Damage output, heal and crowd control are barely existant. I am used to charging basic attack when I am in a mob pull and with the new daggers I switch from dark to light wihout wanting it.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Faliziaga For This Useful Post:


  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    130
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    12
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    10
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

    Default

    NPC sells unbalanced scales for 1,000,000 each, and this is what we get? Wow

  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,275
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    650
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    580
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Faliziaga View Post
    Can't see anything useful in these new daggers, except for the light effect and a bit better stats. In Mausoleum I play with drag blades and immo bow. Also in combination with a mage's new mythic gun my balanced daggers suck. Damage output, heal and crowd control are barely existant. I am used to charging basic attack when I am in a mob pull and with the new daggers I switch from dark to light wihout wanting it.
    can feel you... i also like to charge basic attack sometimes, especially for first strikes, i also had same problem with kershal, dragon staff, elondrian bulwark, and glintstone aegis.

    i hope we will have 2 step charge in the future, or simply option to turn on/off this kind of special charged effect.

    anyway, glintstone aegis, has a longer charging time than normal weapons, but has no additional effect.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    95
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    29
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    31
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

    Default

    I cant fully agree with u, Holzwurm , as I like the new Bulwark a lot

  10. #9
    Senior Member Spell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,292
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,258
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    708
    Thanked in
    358 Posts

    Default

    These weps all need stronger procs imo. The procs also need a bit more visual aswell.the gun has a very good looking dark proc tho!

  11. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,089
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    185
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    536
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spell View Post
    These weps all need stronger procs imo. The procs also need a bit more visual aswell.the gun has a very good looking dark proc tho!
    The gun proc is pretty powerful. It's almost an extra basic attack, which is already powerful.

Similar Threads

  1. pvp balanced
    By hiazireci in forum AL Player vs. Player
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-12-2015, 05:22 PM
  2. PVP is balanced
    By Snalin in forum AL Player vs. Player
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-05-2013, 03:59 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •