Thread: New endgame items, why? :(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Default New endgame items, why? :(

Why are there consistently new endgame items being added to the game?

I bought an endgame set about a few days ago, because I thought the price would remain stable.
    But now I lost nearly 11m because new items are being added.

It's so disappointing to see gold blown away by that

bye endgame, once again.
    Timelife & Partys & Tendrillz & Blessedbeast & Displayin & Bannin & Eggsies & Pandabehr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Are you really complaining about new items? -.-

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bous For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bous View Post
    just about the fact that we lose mills of gold because of new items. I'll think again next time when I consider to buy endgame gear.
    Timelife & Partys & Tendrillz & Blessedbeast & Displayin & Bannin & Eggsies & Pandabehr

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Timelife View Post
    just about the fact that we lose mills of gold because of new items. I'll think again next time when I consider to buy endgame gear.
    The prices aren't controlled by the devs, people shape the economy. Blowing 12m on an unstable set is by no means a reason to attack the people livening up the game.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to George Clooney For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

The whole time that this update happened, i lost...

- 30 million from buying shield of gratitudes. One for 19m, one for 10.
    - 20 million from buying Intex. (I was waiting for 2 weeks to buy the set because of the shield of gratitude losses, then i finally bought for 20 million - one week later, you find out your set costs 5m total with a bunch of people wearing it)

Before this update when 80 came out...

- I bought lust str and int sets for 20 million.

Something new comes out, what happens is this. People immediately sell their gear for the highest price when the update comes out for slightly cheaper than they bought it for to get a good price. Then, they say "Buying Intex, Strax, and Derex" - you tell them offer, and what do they say? 5 million for the whole set. Then the price goes down - people race to become the cheapest.

Overall, when this update came out i made 50 million from selling all of my important vanities for cheap to merchants. What do i have now? I hazard a guess, 6 million at most because of what? Someone's ideas for making Pocket Legends "popular again" by making new items everyday.
    Last edited by Bats; 01-26-2017 at 06:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bous View Post
    Sounds about right

Quote Originally Posted by George Clooney View Post
    The prices aren't controlled by the devs, people shape the economy. Blowing 12m on an unstable set is by no means a reason to attack the people livening up the game.
    This

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bats View Post
    The whole time that this update happened, i lost...

- 30 million from buying shield of gratitudes. One for 19m, one for 10.
    - 20 million from buying Intex. (I was waiting for 2 weeks to buy the set because of the shield of gratitude losses, then i finally bought for 20 million - one week later, you find out your set costs 5m total with a bunch of people wearing it)

Before this update when 80 came out...

- I bought lust str and int sets for 20 million.

Something new comes out, what happens is this. People immediately sell their gear for the highest price when the update comes out for slightly cheaper than they bought it for to get a good price. Then, they say "Buying Intex, Strax, and Derex" - you tell them offer, and what do they say? 5 million for the whole set. Then the price goes down - people race to become the cheapest.

Overall, when this update came out i made 50 million from selling all of my important vanities for cheap to merchants. What do i have now? I hazard a guess, 6 million at most because of what? Someone's ideas for making Pocket Legends "popular again" by making new items everyday.
    Most of this is your fault actually. But there's a first for everything. This kind of thing has happened to me in several updates, and I've learnt from it. Some people know how to take advantage of it, and some people, like yourself, get hammered down.

Any experienced player (and I mean experienced with losses) would know how the economy works, and wouldn't plan to buy vanities like the Shield of Gratitude to keep as a long term vanity, as soon as the update takes place. You mentioned it yourself; people immediately sell their gear for the highest possible price, and for good reason too.

Well the good thing is that you've identified how things work - people race to sell for the cheapest price. Hopefully, you will be able to prosper from the next update.