Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My opinions on end game content

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

I hope this content lasts at least til end of April.
    You want mana? Here have a BANANA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by supersyan View Post
    1.Do you think the rewards are worth the time and efforts? yes or no
    2.Reason?
    3.Do you actually enjoying the game now? yes or no
    1. No
    2. LoL drop rates on anything of value. No income to be had just running elites (you know....actually playing the game). Why must everything be crafted, when, after all the Arcane Shards, Balanced Scales, etc., etc., you develop gear that, at best, is marginally better than the plentiful Legendaries? I also despise the no-warning one hit deaths (curse in particular). There is nothing in end game mechanics that I consider interesting anymore; it's all about trying to avoid one hit deaths (skill genuinely does not even come into play anymore) and minimizing cost per run, since there is no good way to make positive income based on farming.
    3. No. I used to love the game. In fact, I was a super hardcore player that analyzed every facet of the game, devised strategies to farm efficiently, whether in a party or solo, and avidly supported the game and the community. But, now this has turned into a game of monopoly, gambling and crafting.....if I wanted all of that, I would have played in a different game. The only thing that keeps me here are the few friends that haven't left yet, and the memories of days long past, when farming was fun, skill was rewarded, and steady income could be had just playing the game as intended.
    Last edited by Justg; 01-30-2017 at 03:02 PM. Reason: less drama

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts

it take me around 5-6 days to get 1000 tokens, but im running almost only maus4-5, boss and mini boss and corvis give u 9 token so in 1 maus5 its no rare to get 27 tokens!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PatD For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

I actually dont run so much. rl is busy. but i'm on my third mythic armor, the first one i sold for 2m, the second one for 1.5.
    800 coins arent too much if u consider that m5 gives u 9-40 tokens per run.
    i guess i need around 1-2 weeks per armor. if you add the gold loot, legendary drops and the gold elite runner chests its quite a bit of money. + there is a chance of looting a scale, an egg, an armor or even a shard.
    i guess thats just my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

I began playing AL nearly 4 years ago, it was not only my first STS game, but also my first MMO, and it was an extraordinary experience for me. AL had given me tons of fun memories.

And as for me, i have not actively engaged endgame content since the original Shuyal expansion. And by "active" i mean playing the endgame area. Although upon the shuyal arena revamp, i had relatively played through the arena quite a bit. But generally my desire for endgame has never been very strong.

I had never completed even the normal maps of Tindirin, Glintstone, Garetta, and the current area. And i believe i have finally realized the reason behind it. My desire for playing RPG's and, well, in general video games, has become diluted. I must be growing out of my childhood passion.

AL is definitely a great game, and kudos to gary and the team for keeping it breathing. I have only been online a small handful of times since september, and only to greet and chill with some old friends.

I have not followed anything in this expansion (heck'n i not even kno name of new town), and i have respectfully come to the conclusion that my time has come to end my adventure in AL. But I might still pop up from time to time to troll the controversial topics or shine a light on common sense.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kickazzrogue View Post
    Everything is so complicated now u need 100 things to craft. u can't even farm good stuff unless u run 10,000 times. Endgame Pvp is so unbalanced it's not even fun dmg is way to high armor and health to low to compensate the dmg. Gear progression for low lvl is messed up cuz endgame and everything is scaled as one. Bring back farming like 26 31 cap that was fun and rewarding. I can't even get out of graveyard by the time I do a new cap will be here . Everything is meh right now.
    sounds like pocket legends lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

1) No
    2) Because they requiere an inmense quantity of time playing the game wich is absurd and cuts the fun of the game. The "making sets" formula is failing miserably from expansion to expasion. This will be my last time playing an expansion if this formula continues.
    3) No. Unfortunaly the developers have fail once again in giving players a CONSISTENCY in contents. This might be the third or fourth time in a row increasing gradually in every expansion. They need to understand once and for all that this a mobile game and by no means it should CONFUSE people with complicated chains of events to achieve nothing because of the TIME factor and programmed schedule that they have for making new content.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lolifee View Post
    I actually dont run so much. rl is busy. but i'm on my third mythic armor, the first one i sold for 2m, the second one for 1.5.
    800 coins arent too much if u consider that m5 gives u 9-40 tokens per run.
    i guess i need around 1-2 weeks per armor. if you add the gold loot, legendary drops and the gold elite runner chests its quite a bit of money. + there is a chance of looting a scale, an egg, an armor or even a shard.
    i guess thats just my opinion.
    This is... 'not how it is' according to me, gotta comment.
    800 coins are A Lot, even more so if you're not lightbearer, and have to run graveyard(lower mausoleums).
    legendary drops: their price is nothing, at the moment in shop there are 215 legendary weapons with price less or equal 1k at lvl57-61 (26 of them are lvl61).
    gold elite runner? you sure in what you're talking? i'm not sure i get these in graveyard and lower mausoleum maps. don't know if wrong, but even if they drop?, their price about 3k.
    gold loot:without +gold% it's little more than 1k a map. which is really not worth it, you need +gold%. Even with +200%(the gear ofc needs investment) its about 3-4k a map(depends on map size).
    "+ there is a chance of looting a scale, an egg, an armor or even a shard": That is the problem. There is a chance to loot them, but you Don't loot them. If the people were looting them, they wouldn't be complaining.

After many hours and days played, form all of the points above, the gold drop will make the main income, and this is if you have enough +gold% (i suppose a lot of people don't have (enough %)). i personally have around +200%(all), so i can say i personally think it's not enough,
    Because - These were only the positives, but the negatives are not mentioned:
    Pots - you may need a lot, maps are not easy, some bosses even more so.
    And ankhs. 1 ankh is about 3k. You use it once and your earnings from that map are gone. If you are without +gold% - earnings from 3 maps gone. Use it twice,three,more times in a map - what happens? - you will need many maps just to recover losses. Let's say you run with pugs, others do some questionable(stupid) moves - curse,aim shot,dmg reduction... you are never killed? And if you are killed close to or at boss you do what - revive at start?
    That's why i'm saying it's not worth it, running these maps: positives + negatives combined, are leaving you with relatively little reward for the hours you invested.
    i guess thats just my opinion, likewise.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to voidPtr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voidPtr View Post
    800 coins are A Lot, even more so if you're not lightbearer, and have to run graveyard(lower mausoleums).
    legendary drops: their price is nothing, at the moment in shop there are 215 legendary weapons with price less or equal 1k at lvl57-61 (26 of them are lvl61).
    gold elite runner? you sure in what you're talking? i'm not sure i get these in graveyard and lower mausoleum maps. don't know if wrong, but even if they drop?, their price about 3k.
    gold loot:without +gold% it's little more than 1k a map. which is really not worth it, you need +gold%. Even with +200%(the gear ofc needs investment) its about 3-4k a map(depends on map size).
    "+ there is a chance of looting a scale, an egg, an armor or even a shard": That is the problem. There is a chance to loot them, but you Don't loot them. If the people were looting them, they wouldn't be complaining.

After many hours and days played, form all of the points above, the gold drop will make the main income, and this is if you have enough +gold% (i suppose a lot of people don't have (enough %)). i personally have around +200%(all), so i can say i personally think it's not enough,
    And ankhs. 1 ankh is about 3k. You use it once and your earnings from that map are gone. If you are without +gold% - earnings from 3 maps gone. Use it twice,three,more times in a map - what happens? - you will need many maps just to recover losses. Let's say you run with pugs, others do some questionable(stupid) moves - curse,aim shot,dmg reduction... you are never killed? And if you are killed close to or at boss you do what - revive at start?
    That's why i'm saying it's not worth it, running these maps: positives + negatives combined, are leaving you with relatively little reward for the hours you invested.

Detailed, clear, positive, and informative post..... Excellent........

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

If you gotta run lower maps you are right. but as soon as you can enter m5 its so easy to farm tokens. i think getting there is the hard bit.
    Maybe it would have been good if you have ran from the beginning. Legendary prices were op so that kept me running. then vori came, stage 4 unlocked and so on. I always had something to make good profit.

maybe now because legendarys are worthless there is no motivation to grind those 60k points with no reward at all.
    i apologise, i havent thought about that.

but i do enjoy the content and have no problem earning money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I've talked to few players about reward for exalted (correct me if spelling is wrong) such as Avaree, nonipixie and zaufi because I'm just at 25k points. To be honest this reward is joke. Paying million of golds just to get some special AP and wear nearly invisible circlet that nobody will notice if he don't inspect you and look close. Reward should be at least one of Voice of order set pieces. About this set... Come on ingredients are so costly and you need them so much that i don't even want talk about it. This set simply don't worth to craft. If you have standard potency gear (rogue for example) 60lvl. Using planar pendant/legendary amulet and ring with all fortified jewels you're fine. I know because i started like that. Cheap mini-glowstick pet combo (thanks to Avaree) will do perfect there with decent gear. So i don't really see point crafting it. Those who crafted banished said it was torture. I guess STG want to kill em now LoL. About enjoying game, grinding is hard, mausoleum 3-5 is good challenge. I can't speak about lich because I'm not able to enter M5 yet. Graveyard ranks need much points but well that's what we asked for. However maybe it's a little overload for most players but we shouldn't ask for double points as it wouldn't be fair. Besides all these things i do enjoy game because i met awesome people, because my friends play it and because i have abit free time to that i need to kill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

2.Reason?
    1. No
    2. I dont know why
    3. No

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

It seems the concensus is that community feels no justifiable rewards.

It doesn't mean that STS hands everyone voice order set or undying orb on a plate, just means that maybe something like a 25% chance of an excellent Jewel dropping after endgame boss kill. A chance for an ankh, 10 bard tokens and a chance for bonus tokens and points like 50. At the moment Voriyana and Lich are cheapskates.

I mean currently we fight Lich and the only thing he drops is his pants and moons at us, totally making fun of us.

So what you say STS ?
    You want mana? Here have a BANANA

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Terminhater For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Lmao after all these new things I dont really enjoy lost interest to it, I log in time to time just to chat with my buddies nothing special playing game 4 years all same.. Vanities are so boring, this game need some improvements if they don't want lost these old players which they keep this game more fun. Although there is less and less of us (old players). Not only to mention CTF situation it's dead.. By the way I must play this game 12 hours if I want earn some good amount of gold I mean I got life dude.. So in fact you must be hard gamer with no-life lmao..

Poslano sa mog Elephone G7 koristeći Tapatalk
    Last edited by MorFar`; 02-05-2017 at 04:48 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

2.Reason?
    1. Not this season. It seems like the game is moving back to the way things were during the lvl 41 cap. I do remember all the complaints during that time
    2. Huge amounts of time needed to reach higher mausoleum tiers, yet drops do not feel better. Without reroll all you get most of the time is white items. With reroll green or blue ones.
    3. Not at all. I just log in from time to time to talk to guildies and maybe do 1 mau 1-4 run through. Currently at 29k points. If things stay the same i doubt I will ever each lightbearer.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Jazzi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

1. Probably no

2. Biggest issue with me is the fact that this expansion discourages team play and helping others. If you don't have the time to play regularly or if you are a returning player or a new endgame player (recently capped), it's hard for you to find parties. The active people are lightbearers, exalteds etc. and run maps that you can't even enter. I know people who barely play now because of this - they just can't play with their friends. I took a several months break and returned couple weeks ago and I experienced it first hand. People running Mausoleum 5 and doing some elaborate quests, while I had to grind Graveyard with pugs. It's just not cool and discourages people from playing.

3. To a degree.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tatman For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

1.-no
    2.-everything expensive the best way to get gold without spend real money is farming gold at mausoleum with gold loot but u need farm much time for 100k and gl weapons are too expensive just see the new heroic pets 20m+ their don't worth it
    The plat buyers put the price of everything orb is around of 15m i think sts should increase the drop rate of arcane items and remove unwanted items also add arcane shard to normal locked sorry my English

Sent from my Polaroid PSPC505 using Tapatalk
    ign: Newbody

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by voidPtr View Post

O cmon I haven't opend maus 3 yet and I am using 100% gl still my daily income is around 100k an I spend no plats just play around 3-4 hr randomly.....if u r really facing this much prob. U should try changing your playstyle....

Sent from my GT-S7262 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

in terms of arcane armor. It is farmable.. Farm your gold and buy it from c.s. (if you did run mauso and had gold loot) you would have made easy money from gold loot, lockeds, selling items for tokens, instead of having excuses to not do stuff in the game.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Iv farmed over 25 30m worth of stuff in gold loot,items, selling stuff.. in the past 2/3 months mainly thanks to mauso.