Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: A ban between 1 week and forever?

  1. #1
    Blogger Buchmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Turn around
    Posts
    761
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    73
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    245
    Thanked in
    132 Posts

    Default A ban between 1 week and forever?

    Could there be a ban implemented between 1 week and forever? I see a bunch of people saying how cool it would be to see old players banned come back. If the ban was at least 1-3 years, players have either: lost interest and will never play again, got banned for exploiting a glitch which has been probably patched since then, or have stay with the PL community since because they genuinely care about the game. Maybe there could be a long-term ban instead of just throwing players under the hammer for eternity?

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Buchmeister For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Banned Kingzila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    340
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    147
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    37
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buchmeister View Post
    Could there be a ban implemented between 1 week and forever? I see a bunch of people saying how cool it would be to see old players banned come back. If the ban was at least 1-3 years, players have either: lost interest and will never play again, got banned for exploiting a glitch which has been probably patched since then, or have stay with the PL community since because they genuinely care about the game. Maybe there could be a long-term ban instead of just throwing players under the hammer for eternity?

    If you generally don't want to be banned you shouldn't be breaking TOS or doing things that have the effect of...getting you banned. It's not hard to follow lol.

    A week ban or 10 month ban won't change the fact that people probably will keep doing things that have the effect of getting there account's/devices perma-banned.

    Also stg isn't the type to drop people off the banned forever list unless it was a fault on there part or misunderstanding.
    Last edited by Kingzila; 01-29-2017 at 06:16 PM.

  4. #3
    Blogger Buchmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Turn around
    Posts
    761
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    73
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    245
    Thanked in
    132 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingzila View Post
    If you generally don't want to be banned you shouldn't be breaking TOS or doing things that have the effect of...getting you banned. It's not hard to follow lol.

    A week ban or 10 month ban won't change the fact that people probably will keep doing things that have the effect of getting there account's/devices perma-banned.

    Also stg isn't the type to drop people off the banned forever list unless it was a fault on there part or misunderstanding.
    There are many cases where people have done things that simply get outgrown over time or were unfairly banned to begin with.

  5. #4
    Banned Suentous PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Punk in drublic
    Posts
    5,775
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    666
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,657
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

    Default

    You don't see a bunch of ppl saying how cool it would be to see banned players back,
    you see banned players saying it would be cool to get unbanned.

    Besides what's it matter you just made a new acc after they banned your first so it was a temp ban huh?

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:


  7. #5
    Banned Kingzila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    340
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    147
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    37
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buchmeister View Post
    There are many cases where people have done things that simply get outgrown over time or were unfairly banned to begin with.
    Yah yah, stg banned me for no reason, I don't know why I was banned, stg made a mistake. Old stories in a old game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    You don't see a bunch of ppl saying how cool it would be to see banned players back,
    you see banned players saying it would be cool to get unbanned.
    This, no one playing now cares about banned players from the past, they knew what boat they where floating in when they got banned for what they where doing. If you wanna keep playing make a new account & if you can't do that have fun in a different game.
    Last edited by Kingzila; 01-29-2017 at 09:59 PM.

  8. #6
    Blogger Buchmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Turn around
    Posts
    761
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    73
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    245
    Thanked in
    132 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingzila View Post
    This, no one playing now cares about banned players from the past, they knew what boat they where floating in when they got banned for what they where doing. If you wanna keep playing make a new account & if you can't do that have fun in a different game.
    That's a rather inaccurate assumption :T

  9. #7
    Forum Adept fruitbattwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    256
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    97
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    80
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

    Default

    Now that everything is tradable so most items with sentimental value are meaningless why not just start over?

  10. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    691
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    117
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    51
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

    Default

    Geesh. Sucks to be banned, just give up. You broke the rules when you shouldn't. Enough said man their policy and rules do tell you specifically that you could be banned forever.

  11. #9
    Blogger ryanbemani1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    England, London
    Posts
    101
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    8
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    14
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buchmeister View Post
    Could there be a ban implemented between 1 week and forever? I see a bunch of people saying how cool it would be to see old players banned come back. If the ban was at least 1-3 years, players have either: lost interest and will never play again, got banned for exploiting a glitch which has been probably patched since then, or have stay with the PL community since because they genuinely care about the game. Maybe there could be a long-term ban instead of just throwing players under the hammer for eternity?
    Not a smart idea. If ALL, (for example), banned players eventually come back from a long term ban, there will still be a minority or maybe even a majority who will do anything against terms of service again. STS say it everywhere: on forums/ TOS/in game and if you care not to listen and do your own thing, permanent ban is more than enough.
    L80 Ileave/L30Brotherprince/L25 Persverance/L15 Naeini/L15 Sheikhi
    If I leave mid-fight, I may get my death but you don't get your kill -Ileave

Similar Threads

  1. one more week of Eldron week
    By anshdoc in forum AL General Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-22-2014, 06:33 AM
  2. forever like this?
    By iamgrim in forum AL Technical Issues and Bugs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-29-2013, 12:13 AM
  3. Free Game of the week. Week 1.
    By Conradin in forum Off-Topic Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-10-2011, 08:20 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •