Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Spacetime in the News - Thoughts about F2P on MMORPG.com

1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Default Spacetime in the News - Thoughts about F2P on MMORPG.com

In a recent article on MMORPG.com, The Free Zone: Everyone is Going F2P Spacetime Studios Director of Marketing, Fernando Blanco, weighed in about the future of the Free to Play (F2P) business model and MMO games. Here is a clip:

Also looking forward, Blanco expresses his belief that F2P and subscription can co-exist because they address different consumer preferences. [Blanco says,] "I like empowerment, and having the ability to choose how I want to patronize a game means a lot to me. For me, a subscription is a heavy commitment that represents a willingness to say I want to play this fun title for the foreseeable future and support it, its developers, and publishers. I also wish more games I subscribe to offered micro-transactions on some level. I believe they can all work together in a proper balance, especially for virtual world games, but it requires careful analysis and understanding of what players want from a game when they decide to pay."
    Last edited by Samhayne; 10-04-2011 at 12:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I'll read it in a bit. But for now... I spy with my giant eye, a typo. Lol in your title.

Vampire the Operative