Thread: What we need at this point of time [ PvP ]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Exclamation What we need at this point of time [ PvP ]

First off, Please make new 2H weapons eg. Derex blaster craftable with Arzac blaster just like any special elites [Derex/strax/intex] it's not justified along with we spend so much on these 2h specially Arzac Blaster

Regarding dodge :
    Although it's not stated, I guess the current dodge cap is 40-45%. It's REALLY IMPORTANT, Please revert back the dodge cap at 25% specially because the dodge squeezing from sets, is not happening, it would be ideal if there would be dodge variation according to class & build specific dodging as I described in my threads but as it's avoided, I'll propose things accordingly, it's fine because WE ALREADY COMPENSATED classes had high dodge, for example we buffed STR set several times. So if at this point dodge cap stays at current stat, it is not justified as we tweaked thinks according to pretty low dodge cap 20-25%. Top of that it feels like we gone back to earlier phase before dodge nerf.

-- Revert back dodge cap to 25%

Balancing tweaks : I considered lots of things to finalize these numbers, also these have been proposed in an way that class specific gear give the advantage they need to stay pure and not to exploit other class gear to be highly OP. Top of that, my priority was to make it lowest minimum implementation possible for the dev, who will work on it [we all know who is he ]

Mage/INT gear :
    -- +60 armor buff only on INTEX set, set bonus [ overall +60 NOT on each item, but 60 armor can be distributed to each Intex item]

-- +100 mana pool ONLY on Intex set bonus [ This is meant to reward int mages using class gear, i.e. intex]

Bear/STR gear :
    -- +15 DAMAGE on STRAX set bonus [ Again this is to reward using class gear and further buff bear loosing dodge being underpowered]

-- 5% damage reduction from bear's skill beckon & 5 % damage reduction from stomp
    -- then increase 6% damage on bear's skill vengeful slash & 6% damage increase on crushing blow. Or even at any where else at suitable skills [This damage DISTRIBUTION is helpfull in 2 situations, First - Beckon stomp has been always infamous being 2 hit kill, specially with dex bears and at endgame too and further secondly it will have less advantage being hybrid, I think it will be really helpful, beckon stomp kill with dex bears has been always a neglected issue]

Bird / dex gear:
    -- Bird's Evasion should provide +60 armor rather than +22 at skill 9, the armor distribution should be like less armor distribution from skill point 1-6 and high armor distribution should be at skill point 6-9 because the dodge is distributed oppositely. [As dodge over 25+ obsolete, it need to be compensated, and since great nerf 2013, lots of bird's skills have been nerfed alot, even though at that time elite phoenix bow and dodge was factors behind birds being OP, It will strengthen lower level birds abit too, which is also necessary] It's for endgame but lower levels also will be beneficial, I didn't do lower level pvp but take a look here - http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-UN-Nerf-Birds

Although it has been stated in the announcement thread that blaster got 20% damage nerf, I didn't notice even 1 single dmg reduction anywhere, also I think the chances are pretty low that it has been done globally such an way that it does not shows in the stat pages, unless that IT DIDN'T HAPPEN. It should be cleared first otherwise something will be be wrong.

-- OK 20% damage reduction from blasters is fine, I think it didn't happen at all, so it should be checked and implement.
    -- Only 15 armor reduction from blaster [as damage being nerfed significantly and also Intex getting buffed, It's enough]

When all this things happening specially blaster getting significant damage nerf, global damage reduction in pvp also should be returned abit.
    -- Global damage reduction on pvp should changed from 60% to 50%.

If these proposals are accepted then I'd request to implement all this together as it is, nothing more added tweaks nothing left because as said earlier, I've had lots of consideration while finalizing and bringing everything together.

Update : Changed str set bonus damage from 30 to 15, I think, 30 is a lot.

N.B. -
    Everything is based on Intex/Derex/Strax sets, the newer gears will change the situation but I don't think will change the balance issues, that will remain same, so these tweaks still viable and once it's closely balance [complain will be always there] new gears should follow the stats.

Special Note : I've been always steady with my ideas, it didn't have ups and downs but problem being all the new gears kep arriving, other implementations along with mine, overdone issues etc TOP of that when things was broken for long with lots of hidden issues and then suddenly we decide to fix, there's lots of issues keep arriving, but no worries, we are almost done, unless again new gear/cap arrives
    Last edited by Waug; 02-02-2017 at 07:49 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Waug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

I agree with the bird portion. My 66 keeps getting outplayed by dex bears almost to the point where all I can do is sit back and do nothing because I'm stunned the entire time, and if I do manage to get an attack in, they dodge it.. We need the cooldown of avian scream reduced. Bears can stun more often while I'm waiting for avian to be available again...
    Last edited by Buchmeister; 02-01-2017 at 10:08 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

I do believe the dodge cap is 60... that being said to reduce it anymore would render dodge buffs useless. Seems to me like a bird can't get his roots off with yellow ping fast enough therfore wants to be able to spam damage skills to win vs bears.... the skill is called evasion for a reason, it boosts dodge, the armor is already an additional bonus effect... why would a skill called evasion boost armor more than dodge? This is purely a calling for birds to be even more op then they already are. If this was done nothing but bird could win.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jilsponie View Post
    I do believe the dodge cap is 60... Dodge cap is around 40+,
    if you could compare both time, you would know, but that don't matter now.
    that being said to reduce it anymore would render dodge buffs useless.
    You're answering your own question here, mages have dodge buff? Birds, bears have, endgame sets provide 25+ dodge, thus evasion is obsolete, need armore, str set alrdy got several armor buff.
    Seems to me like a bird can't get his roots off with yellow ping fast enough therfore wants to be able to spam damage skills to win vs bears
    No need to guess what yellow pings do, if you didn't experience it, anything else is not clear to me
    .... the skill is called evasion for a reason, it boosts dodge, the armor is already an additional bonus effect...
    You answered it in this post, read above.

This is purely a calling for birds to be even more op then they already are. If this was done nothing but bird could win.
    Anyone with a blaster set op, bears/mages even more, get your facts right first.
    Last edited by Waug; 02-01-2017 at 10:51 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Waug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Update : Changed str set bonus from 30 to 15, I think it would be a lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Why do everyone talking about nerfing things like dodge etc. but never talks about increasing the health pool? I've never played endgame, but even at lower levels (15) the health pool has been unbalanced compared to damage output. I've seen level 80's with a DPS higher than 50% of their health. This will of course lead to short fights. In theory two hits and you're dead. Won't an increase of health result in longer and better fights? With longer fights, dodge won't be the difference between a win or loss since there is room for misses, which in my opinion should play an important role.

Another thing I've noticed (even in this post) is the lack of rangers and paladins at end game. The nerfing is all about bear/bird/mage, but what happened to the other two classes? Why not try to balance these classes as well so we'll see a more balanced class distribution?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caztori View Post
    Why do everyone talking about nerfing things like dodge etc. but never talks about increasing the health pool? I've never played endgame, but even at lower levels (15) the health pool has been unbalanced compared to damage output. I've seen level 80's with a DPS higher than 50% of their health. This will of course lead to short fights. In theory two hits and you're dead. Won't an increase of health result in longer and better fights? With longer fights, dodge won't be the difference between a win or loss since there is room for misses, which in my opinion should play an important role.

Another thing I've noticed (even in this post) is the lack of rangers and paladins at end game. The nerfing is all about bear/bird/mage, but what happened to the other two classes? Why not try to balance these classes as well so we'll see a more balanced class distribution?
    Because no one cares if fights are two seconds or two minutes if dodge is going to be a primary factor throughout. Regardless of health pool, when mages have 30 dodge, bears have 50 and birds have near-endless use of evasion, those luck variables are going to dictate the outcome. Lengthening or shortening fights should be the last step in balancing.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

I was correct... global dodge cap was increased to 60% on the 25th

Sorry but the rest of the replies to my post don't make sense to me... i can't answer my own statement for example, it's a statement not a question.

That being said when you use the quote option i would appreciate it if you didn't add things to my quotes to make it look as though I'm saying things that don't make sense... why would I say the dodge cap is 60... then say it is 40+?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jilsponie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Yes L66 birds need a slight buff very small buff to damage or dodge I think

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

What we need right now is to reset PL to the time period before 'dodgepocalypse', and then make changes from there.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bazinga! For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingFu View Post
    Because no one cares if fights are two seconds or two minutes if dodge is going to be a primary factor throughout. Regardless of health pool, when mages have 30 dodge, bears have 50 and birds have near-endless use of evasion, those luck variables are going to dictate the outcome. Lengthening or shortening fights should be the last step in balancing.
    Well, it WILL matter. 30-50% dodge is indeed too much, but in a two-hit fight it's a win if you dodge, loss if you don't. That means fights will rely on purely luck. With longer fights, there is room for mistakes and bad decisions etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jilsponie View Post
    I was correct... global dodge cap was increased to 60% on the 25th

Sorry but the rest of the replies to my post don't make sense to me... i can't answer my own statement for example, it's a statement not a question.

That being said when you use the quote option i would appreciate it if you didn't add things to my quotes to make it look as though I'm saying things that don't make sense... why would I say the dodge cap is 60... then say it is 40+?
    Nope, that's not correct as I already said.
    Name:  cinco-dodge change.png
Views: 131
Size:  15.1 KB
    From here - http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...e-Global-Dodge
    Notice the posting date.

I expect everyone to read carefully and try to get the actual meaning, not just read roughly. No worry, I'll explain. You asked a question - "the skill is called evasion for a reason, it boosts dodge, the armor is already an additional bonus effect... why would a skill called evasion boost armor more than dodge?" why a dodge boost buff should have more armor, at the same time you also stated " that being said to reduce it anymore would render dodge buffs useless" that's the reason, DODGE BUFF SHOULD HAVE MORE ARMOR BECAUSE DODGE BUFF ITSELF GETTING USELESS aka obsolete mostly, you need to compensate it.

The dodge part is explained here - http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...hould-be-fixed!!

As for the 2 hit short fights -Endgame, Health pool was boosted significantly, top of that currently there's 60% global dmage reduction in PvP. You should have really tracked all these changes or experience endgame before providing such feedback.

At first the 3 basic classes should be balanced, then we can talk about other classes, if players want it. Top of that, it doesn't help stating - "I've noticed, is the lack of rangers and paladins at end game" you should provide experienced feedback to help in the matter. [by experience I meant experience the pvp with those classes first in the endgame ]
    Last edited by Waug; 02-02-2017 at 07:46 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    Nope, that's not correct as I already said.
    Name:  cinco-dodge change.png
Views: 131
Size:  15.1 KB
    From here - http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...e-Global-Dodge
    Notice the posting date.
    id reccomend rosetta stone so you can learn english. However, you probably couldnt read it. Your bad internet probably wouldnt be able to download it anyways.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I also feel like you should stop putting your videos in slow mo when playing against nubs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Well, it WILL matter. 30-50% dodge is indeed too much, but in a two-hit fight it's a win if you dodge, loss if you don't. That means fights will rely on purely luck. With longer fights, there is room for mistakes and bad decisions etc.
    As I said, it should be the last step in balancing right now. Regardless of how long or short the fight is, the dodge percentages would be the same and it will still be a major deciding factor in the fight. Just look at a glyph mage versus bear. If played properly it's not a short fight, yet dodge is the deciding factor in that matchup every time. The length shouldn't matter since the focus should be about minimizing the impact dodge has. In a longer fight, you're minimizing each individual dodge importance, yet you're adding in more collective dodges and RNG instances. It doesn't solve the problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    147 Posts

Dodge MUST be at 25%. Good thread waug