Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Arrow [GUIDE] Ultimate Level up guide by GAZROAST

*SPOILER ALERT*

Hello My fellow Star Legends Players.

I have put together a very simple leveling guide for you. I got to level 20 in one day!
    This should only be used if you know what you're doing with-in the game already and just want to level faster.

1. SKIP TUTORIAL AND DISABLE AUTO-LEVELING IN OPTIONS FIRST.
    - You only want to put points into your characters main attributes
    - Engineer: INT
    - Operative: DEX
    - Tank: STR

2. Go around the Black Star base and collect as many quests as you can (Optional).

3. ONLY USE THE *SECTOR MAP* TO TRAVEL AROUND.
    - This can be found on the main log-in page and/or by clicking the settings cog under your name in-game.
    - When first starting out you will only be able to see Blackstar levels.

4. JOIN A GAME THAT JUST STARTED WITH THE HIGHEST LEVEL PLAYERS YOU CAN FIND.
    - DON'T BE A LEECHER - HELP THE TEAM BY KILLING/TANKING/HEALING.

5. AS YOU CONTINUE TO LEVEL UP IT WILL SHOW YOU NEW PLACES YOU CAN GO, ONE LEVEL BEFORE YOU GET THERE.
    - When your level 3 it will show you Red-Sun Pirates, but you can't join until your level 4, etc.
    - You can access an area 2 levels before recommendation levels

-----------------------------------
    Level 4 Pirates
    Level 8 Cycorp
    Level 14 Delta
    Level 19 Numa
    Level 24 Sloucho
    - Thanks BodMaster
    -----------------------------------

6. FIND GAMES FASTER BY SEARCHING NAME ONLY GAMES I.E. "DELTA", "CYCORP", "NUMA" ETC. ONCE YOU CAN JOIN THEM.

<--- Thank me!
    Last edited by Gazroast; 10-04-2011 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Updated.

SL -> Lvl. 40 Engi. - TOFASTFORYOU
    DL -> Lvl. 18 Vamp. - Sillynoob
    -> HTC EVO 3D & Google Chrome BETA 20.0.1069.1 m

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gazroast For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Thanks for putting time into writing a guide!

Not to be critical, but isnt this stuff all mostly common sense? o_O

Although im sure theres some new players who could benifit from this. I think ill point my wife to this thread =P
    o_O
    O_o
    o_O IGN: Gotrocks/Gotstorms/Gotguns

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Nice start buddy

Noticed a little hic up (or I have caught wrong end of the stick.. and may come in handy anyway ) you can access an area 2 levels before recommendation levels eg.

Level 4 Pirates ~ Recom' Level 6
    Level 8 Cycorps ~ Recom' Level 10
    Level 14 Delta ~ Recom' Level 16
    Level 19 Numa ~ Recom' Level 21
    Level 24 Sloucho ~ Recom' Level 26

Hope this helps if I did misunderstand

Also I don't exactly condone these methods for the 1st time around as all these skips are the basics needed to learn the mechanics of the game.. less *clueless* players, however if this is for an alt (after reaching close to Cap) go ahead its mostly what I have done in the past
    Last edited by BodMaster; 10-04-2011 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Typoooo

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BodMaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    Nice start buddy

Also I don't exactly condone these methods for the 1st time around as all these skips are the basics needed to learn the mechanics of the game.. less *clueless* players, however if this is for an alt (after reaching close to Cap) go ahead its mostly what I have done in the past
    I agree with Bod on the good start. And on the "don't be in a rush to level--learn how to play your char and have fun". I'd much rather be in Slouch-O with four level 24's, say, that know how to play their classes then with four 30's that don't. And leveling with people is a great way to make most excellent friends.

One other tip, though I'm not for sure positive it works the same in SL as it does in PL. If it does (looks around frantically for Elly, Phys, IBN or another great student of game mechanics), you get more XP per kill with a full group. If I'm remembering my PL game mech correctly, it worked out to something like 1.5 times the XP per kill with a full group as opposed to soloing or a partial group.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CanonicalKoi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Looks good tutorial for speed leveling, however I disagree with number 1. I have found better for my engi split stats to str and int to gain extra health from str and also some mana from int.
    Pocket legends: Eagle (Endgame Bird), Magic (endgame mage), Getnuked (voodoo mage)
    Star legends: Eng (Engineer), Rapid (operative)
    Dark legends: Sucker (vampire queen)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Great start, indeed! I've got a few additional suggestions that you may want to include.

* You can continue to grind both XP and kills -- to a point -- even after you've surpassed the recommended level for a given zone/level. I haven't verified what this "point" is for every zone/level (as it seems to scale as you increase in level -- I think?), but -- for example -- you can still get XP and kills in Numa up to level 29. This inherently makes the runs easier (as you should have additional skills and better gear).
    * Building on my previous comment, grinding on zones/levels beneath what you're capable of running does have a couple of downsides: 1) you receive less XP per kill, and 2) the typical drops are worth less.
    * In most cases, the easiest mobs for a given zone/level can be found in the first stage associated with that zone/level (ideal for solo-farming); likewise, the most challenging mobs are generally located in the last stage of a given zone/level (ideal for group-based farming).
    Star Legends: Ephemeris (Engineer) - Ephemeriz (Operative) - Ephemerix (Commando) - Director (Engineer - Twink/Farmer) | Pocket Legends: Ephemeris (Enchantress - Retired)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ephemeris For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Lol, Can

You're right, there is a full group XP bonus. The exact modifiers, I don't know though

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellyidol For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Lol, Can

You're right, there is a full group XP bonus. The exact modifiers, I don't know though
    See? You knew! I knew you'd know. Thanks, Elly.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

A full-group modifier of 1.33% comes to mind, though I may be getting my wires crossed.
    Star Legends: Ephemeris (Engineer) - Ephemeriz (Operative) - Ephemerix (Commando) - Director (Engineer - Twink/Farmer) | Pocket Legends: Ephemeris (Enchantress - Retired)