Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 30-40 pvp has never been that bad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    147 Posts

Angry 30-40 pvp has never been that bad

So here is my opinion on low level pvp. You might want to reply fast before this thread gets deleted for being relevant. All I want to say is that I have been playing 35 (only) for 2011 and now this level is so bad I want to smash my phone everytime I play.
    Here is why: Cinco, you updated the game by reducing the dodge, which was perfect. 30-40 pvp was balanced. Then you brought dodge up to 60%, why? I'm guessing this change is for endgame which I'm sure will help endgame players, but did you try that change at low level?
    If I could record, I would show you that 30-40 is about who dodges and who misses.
    It's pretty annoying when combo a bear ( drain light frost fire heal) and the only skill that works is heal.
    Indeed, my opponent (in that case a bear) dodged everything, and i mess half of my skills of course. This also applies vs mages. When you heal misses, you know something is wrong.
    What I want to say is that the best thing would be to put dodge back to 20%, and I'm not the only one to want that, 99% of the people playing actively 30-40 will.

This was for the global changes.
    On the other hand, birds need a damage buff to compete with other classes. As a mage using high drain, one hit will be enough to take a bird down (unless drain misses lol, because thats what all my skills do now).
    With these only two changes ( 20% dodge and damage buff for birds), 30-40 would be a good levl to play.

Please don't post anything saying these changes are bad, I'm 100% right. Don't think anyone here plays 35 as much as I do.
    Cinco, please consider this thread. 80 is not the only pvp level in PL

Humiiii
    Last edited by humiiii; 02-02-2017 at 01:33 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to humiiii For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

10000% Agree to everything. 30-40 isn't enjoyable anymore.

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

What if the level ranges were restricted to one (1) instead of the current five (5)?

I get the feeling this would solve a ton of twink balance issues by avoiding many of the OP item combos that hit every 5+ levels.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

6.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

And...

Quote Originally Posted by humiiii View Post
    Please don't post anything saying these changes are bad, I'm 100% right.
    ...don't ever change, humiii ;-)
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    What if the level ranges were restricted to one (1) instead of the current five (5)?

I get the feeling this would solve a ton of twink balance issues by avoiding many of the OP item combos that hit every 5+ levels.
    Maybe the level ranges should be restricted to (3)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

I am 1000000% against you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

I'd say no. It's helpful to keep full rooms.

Also Humi is pretty right, but I feel dodge should be 25%.

Birds need a damage buff, and if dodge buff goes through bears need a bit of a tankiness buff.
    Ign - Coolguymage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts

I like 3, not for the imbalance issues but more for the difficulty it gives mergers.

NEW IGN RAGGADORR | I LOVE MYSTICALDREAM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

What humiiii said is completely and utterly correct. No, i think keep the level brackets how they are, to keep full rooms and actuve levels
    nothing lasts forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    147 Posts

Well it would make that level quite inactive since 50% of the people i play with are level 40... The only thing I would like is a global for l30-40s (haven't seen anyone else complaining about other levels), because like i said my skills either miss or get dodged and this is more annoying than Justin Bieber's songs. All we want is 25% dodge, like before!
    Thank you for your reply :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    147 Posts

I mean if you can't change dodge just for 30-40 or 1-45, and the only way is to change the restrictions to join games to (1), It won't change the fact that we mostly dodge or miss. Because that's the problem, dodge! At 35, mages have no chance vs bears if fire gets dodged, or misses, unlike higher levels where gear is more balanced (like 80 elite sets). For twinks, the stats difference is too big. 25% dodge would be perfect, like you did before.
    Hope you understand what I'm trying to say and sorry for the double post

Humiiii

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

I agree. While I assume you didn't intend for it, the only class that really benefits from this is bear. I created a 40 bear to see for myself what it was like, and even having little experience or skill with bears I found most matches to be in my favor against other classes since I only got hit once every couple seconds.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to fruitbattwo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    147 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fruitbattwo View Post
    I agree. While I assume you didn't intend for it, the only class that really benefits from this is bear. I created a 40 bear to see for myself what it was like, and even having little experience or skill with bears I found most matches to be in my favor against other classes since I only got hit once every couple seconds.
    This shows are bears are stupid. Any new bear player can beat other classes. Waiting for a dodge nerf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Having the game balanced around twinks is like organizing the world around toddlers. It just doesn't work. Everything burns like an over-baked taco straight from the ancient book of Walia. Where rainbow leprechauns dictate the world financials, they are called lv 10-15 "PvPers". You see, they auto and hit 2 buttons. Whoever has the superior gear wins 137% of the time. Sounds like a good time, right?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Congeniality For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Congeniality View Post
    Having the game balanced around twinks is like organizing the world around toddlers. It just doesn't work. Everything burns like an over-baked taco straight from the ancient book of Walia. Where rainbow leprechauns dictate the world financials, they are called lv 10-15 "PvPers". You see, they auto and hit 2 buttons. Whoever has the superior gear wins 137% of the time. Sounds like a good time, right?
    You are aware that they can make specific changes by level range. For example +10% damage just for 30-40 or just 61-71?
    Ign - Coolguymage

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Befs For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

No opinion(cuz i haven't played a single game on 30-40) but as this level is going to be my new resident, i support any idea presented by any pro 35 pvpers.
    "Treat others like you want yourself to be treated, time will reflect your doing upon you someday..."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

When they reduced dodge they made bears unplayable to the point which you only could get kills by 6rage6beck6stomp and pray that you crit with dex gear.
    It's easier now to beat a bear than it was before the updates so i would not complain about it.

The lvls that is dominated by bears now is 50, 56, 61 rest is balanced. 66 is however somewhat bad, bears stand practically no chance against a good islander mage. But then again, i believe that the different characters are supposed to be able to counter each other in different manners like a 40 pally shreds a 40 bear. And a 40 bear shreds an int mage!

Surfingbear, surfingmage, surfingfox, surfingrhino and surfingbirdie

Theonebear, iisak, isurfi, powandwissuck, Chaosfarm and leftfootofgod

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    147 Posts

Still waiting for something. Cinco where are you? Make the pvp level restriction to 1 or 3 (likr you said) , or nerf dodge please.