Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Offical Alien Oasis 2 Feedback Thread

1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Question Offical Alien Oasis 2 Feedback Thread

Please use this thread to provide your feedback about Alien Oasis, Part Two.

Please only comment from your actual play experience, thank you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Just posted on Futumshs update post..will do it again here as it's feedback...

Yeah the lesser d'jinn's seem to be dropping loot to random people and not all, I have a feeling they are not a true 'boss' tho as they are scattered everywhere...sort of like the ice trolls/etc. Not to bad but we will maybe want some clarification as people might start noticing and doing the "WTF, no drop"....

Played though the first 3 levels so far on a second lunch break and looks awesome so far, love the monkey-looking mummies So far have seen 1 level 41 pink staff drop and 1 level 43 blue bow so not so terrible loot drop rate..but I can see some people complaining in the near future as well..

and...FIRST!

Druc - 45 Archer | Melkhior - 41 Tank | ImaMonsta - 30 Healer
    Member of Venom - GFX/Programmer
    Venom-Guild.com | Pocket Legends Item Database

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not at all impressed with the drop rates. I believe changing the drop rate from AO last week wasn't a good idea. You won't see anyone but just a few people walking around with full sets of new stuff even in 2-3 weeks time.

However I LOVE the fact that the mobs are on par with Skeller mobs. It no longer takes as long to kill mobs once you reach AO2 map 2. I was dreading AO2 for the fact that leveling up was going to be horridly slow if it was on par with AO1 kill times. Well done on that front.

Maps are obviously just tweaked crypt maps, but love the new graphics. The bosses are fun and I love the multiple boss rooms. Makes it much more challenging.
    Addihul - 45 Enchanter | Addihull - 45 Archer | Oddihul - 45 Warrior
    Addihul's Market - Thoth / Isis @ 50% - FREE Pinks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

ilove the fact that the drop rate is low. already picked up a couple pinks though. I don't really like the length of part 5, it takes forever to finish even with all power, def, and speed potions, and could be nearly impossible for the casual player due to the time constraints. Infact, played today to level 43, and was revisting 5, got bored, and quit. I can't say that's the best part of the map, and the aliens have poor backstory (check my post) but other than that, I gotta say I love the new update.
    My Name is Vulgarstrike, SilentCries, Ordinary, Attractive, Investment
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    you should be able to have some fun
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnInfinity View Post
    Ahhhhhh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ok I am usually hard on you guys, but no matter how nice I want to be right now all I can say is 1 word... FAIL! I will elaborate in the survey

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been on a few games and seen about 4 pinks drop so far, so from my experience the drop rate seems to be alright, but I'll see how it goes as I play more, gotta let my phone charge first :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I like being back in a dungeon with walls. So far just more of the same though. That blacked out avian who talks to you seems pretty meaningless. I like the new drop rate a lot. I guess i'm happy with it, but i know my expectations have been drastically lowered over the last month.

Quote Originally Posted by Addihul View Post
    Not at all impressed with the drop rates. I believe changing the drop rate from AO last week wasn't a good idea. You won't see anyone but just a few people walking around with full sets of new stuff even in 2-3 weeks time.

However I LOVE the fact that the mobs are on par with Skeller mobs. It no longer takes as long to kill mobs once you reach AO2 map 2. I was dreading AO2 for the fact that leveling up was going to be horridly slow if it was on par with AO1 kill times. Well done on that front.
    So what you are saying is you want a game that is mind numbingly easy and is beaten in about a day.
    Last edited by Azrael; 06-29-2010 at 04:01 PM.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Better drop rates needed!!!!!!! But other wise great work devs!
    Mains: Dahood lvl55 Archer/Lvl11 Operative/Prest lvl36 Tank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I loved the unexpected NPC in part 5. Nice touch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofthebear View Post
    I loved the unexpected NPC in part 5. Nice touch.
    Me too. Is this hinting at being beamed upto a prison star or something in part 3? Being taken away from alterra to a far away star? Who knows

IM BACK BABY!
    DEATHLYKNIGHT-DEATHLYRANGER-DEATHLYMAGE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

First play through, one purple, dozens of greens and lots of orange and more whites and a few grey. Saw another dude with 2 pink drops, one of them an Alien Blaster - Woot!

The aliens sound and look kinda funny but its all good.

More play through expected some where down the road but leveling up is slow - I only gained one level 40 to 41 in 5 stages!
    MEMBER OF THE LEGENDS CLAN

DO CHECKOUT MY SALE THREAD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I LOVE AO2.
    I love the maps- brutal & intense but omg so much fun! Love the bosses stacked in a room.
    The little blue aliens are adorable & fun- we need blue alien PL tshirts
    I LOVE that the mobs are hard to kill. Teamwork is essential. A bad team would have trouble w this campaign
    Love it! Devs thank you so much!

My only negative- I don't like the drop rates. Only two pinks dropped in an entire AO2 campaign. I don't expect to get one each level... But at the end of the campaign, I guess I expect one pink or one purple to have dropped for me somewhere... If a very select few gamers want it to be so impossible to get pinks, can't you make a map just for them that requires 12 wks of playing to get a single pink? lol or better yet, seriously, introduce a new color and give it unbelievably rare drop rates.

But, the campaign is wonderful! Thank you so much!
    It's easy to see how much work you guys put into it! Thank you!
    If this had cost 15P, I'd have no problem paying it - it's easily worth it...
    Great job!!!!
    Last edited by Furrawn; 06-29-2010 at 05:18 PM.
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

nonononono. this is where you are all wrong. I love the drop rates. the drop rates allow for the separation of players. the most hardcore ones will have the best equip and players, naturally. by utilizing a low drop rate, value goes up, people play more, pinks become something people actually want. keep the drop rate, or lower it even more please. I think it should truly be that pinks are uncommon and regular people have to settle with orange and green items, while the casual gamer plays with whites, and more hardcore have purples while only the elite have pinks. this is how it should progress. that, in the end will provide ultimate satisfaction.
    Ahhhhhh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The drop rate is the biggest fail. No matter what the hardcore players want, everytime you decide to go with their opinions about lowering the drop rates for pinks, you literally are turning your backs on the casual player base and flipping them the bird.

And for you hardcore players who demand that the droprates be even lower, shut up and go outside and get a FN life or make some REAL friends or get a real girlfriend that isn't your left hand and your computer.
    Last edited by Esus; 06-29-2010 at 05:21 PM.
    Esus-Archer|Glyph-Warrior|Kangol- Paladin (Enchantress)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by vulgarstrike View Post
    nonononono. this is where you are all wrong. I love the drop rates. the drop rates allow for the separation of players. the most hardcore ones will have the best equip and players, naturally. by utilizing a low drop rate, value goes up, people play more, pinks become something people actually want. keep the drop rate, or lower it even more please. I think it should truly be that pinks are uncommon and regular people have to settle with orange and green items, while the casual gamer plays with whites, and more hardcore have purples while only the elite have pinks. this is how it should progress. that, in the end will provide ultimate satisfaction.
    This. Pinks, if they really are legendary, SHOULD be legendary. It's not like you need a full set of pinks to beat mobs, etc.

Flaimdude: Lvl31 Mage Flaimer: Lvl15 Arch Flaimior: Lvl14 Bear
    "If you're not careful asommers will catch up to you lol" ~Royce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prest87 View Post
    Better drop rates needed!!!!!!! But other wise great work devs!
    same for me. don't feel like farming for an hour and geting 1 pink out of a set. id rather be off pvping then farming anyways. but other wise great work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vulgarstrike View Post
    If they lower it more, I'll just stop playing. I play one to two hours a night... Except at times like this when a wonderful new campaign comes out I disagree with your definition of what makes a player casual. I think it's horribly unfair to have to play 5 hrs a night instead of one or two in order to get gear that is needed to play more effectively. Yes, I play effectively- I just played w Trogz- ask him if I was effective - and that's w lvl 35 gear because AO never gave me the right pinks for my paladin.

Sorry to post this here... I'm not sure it belongs... But I had to respond...

Despite my apparent cringeworthy casual regular non-elite gamer status, I love this game...
    Last edited by Furrawn; 06-29-2010 at 05:32 PM.
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Esus View Post
    And for you hardcore players who demand that the droprates be even lower, shut up and go outside and get a FN life or make some REAL friends or get a real girlfriend that isn't your left hand and your computer.
    and yet I manage to have straight As, good friends, no girlfriend(was a cheating rhymes with s''more), and I can still play an hour a day. how? well simple. I'm hardcore, and i focus on my task at hand.

it seems you mad cuz you can't.
    Ahhhhhh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

No daggers? I'm starting to get extremely frustrated by the fact that I still have to use level 35 weapons on BOTH my characters (dagger and wand). Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Other then that, great expansion, excluding the drop rates (it's been talked about enough already). The enemy variety is great, and I love the pyramid setting. Also, the gear stats and design, GREAT. And I'm loving the gear variety, that's how AO1 should have been.
    Last edited by Banned; 06-29-2010 at 07:09 PM.

Guardian of Alterra King Richie's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I think you have again made a fantastic addition to the game !!

You have not only made it look great but the drops look amazing aswell ! well the ones i have seen anyway =) also i love the Ghost in part 5 guessing he will be a quest starter in 1.3. Last but not least keep it up !!

Luv yhoooo !