Thread: Heroic Timber VS. Samael

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

Default Heroic Timber VS. Samael

Maarkus and Int have recently tested the damage of Heroic Timber, but there's some bug or fake damage going on...

This video will explain...

As you can see in the video above Heroic Timber does an avarage damage of +-113, meanwhile Samael does +-133...

Samael got a lower stat passive damage than Heroic Timber..

Samael:

Heroic Timber:

Heroic Timber should suppose to do more damage than Samael no? 471damage against 316..

So my question is if this is a bug or if it supposed to be, (both pets are lv61) If it is a bug.. is there any possibility to fix it ASAP , Would be appreciated really!

Thanks Anyway

-Runagain

Also Thank You to Int and Maarkus for discovering it. ^-^

2. The Following User Says Thank You to runagain For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Please sts fix this and all the other bugged pets. Lately too many bugs have been (re)occurring. Many many thanks in advance

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

ya and the pvp mana bug is still there ....today when i respawned in pvp map after death my mana was 0 lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Can you post video in YouTube? I can't open it somehow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rudeboy View Post
    Can you post video in YouTube? I can't open it somehow
    I'll think about it, idk yet.. .-.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Isn't the difference just that heroic timber has no stat bonus? Base damage would be like the pet alone doing a basic attack (on paper so to speak), but what you see is the net effect with the +40 stat bonus making it higher.
    I'm guessing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    Isn't the difference just that heroic timber has no stat bonus? Base damage would be like the pet alone doing a basic attack (on paper so to speak), but what you see is the net effect with the +40 stat bonus making it higher.
    I'm guessing
    The +40 is the stats which are added to the player stats, they don't effect the Basic pet damage of the pet itself. Even if it did, Heroic Timber should still deal more damage than Samael.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by runagain View Post
    The +40 is the stats which are added to the player stats, they don't effect the Basic pet damage of the pet itself. Even if it did, Heroic Timber should still deal more damage than Samael.
    Ah, I assumed they would be tied together somehow.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

My first thought after watching the video was it's a bug too, maybe some copy paste bug from timber.
    But thinking again - I thought 'no', this is not Exactly bug, this is a design error. Either design error, or Heroic timber is designed on purpose this way, to have high (1)base damage and (2)actually do small damage on hit - you see, they, (1) and (2) are different things - base dmg is also used for other things like in the formula of some computations of pet's AA.
    Every pet's passive ability has a name.
    You see on the picture of Samael up - bellow Pasive Ability: there is the phrase: "Infested touch".
    These passive ability change with level, "Infested Touch" is the last passive ability of Sam.
    You see, these different passive abilities are something like the char classes abilities (for instance firebal,ss,windmill,etc), but are designed especially for the pets, each has its own animation(more visible on passive abilities of ranged pets), and only pets can use these Abilities. And the final damage of these passive abilities is determined by the 'base damage' (pretty much like with char's abilities). Am I right, saying all this, devs?
    If the 'base dmg' was the only thing that mattered for pet's actual dmg - then all pets from one type, for instance legendary, would do the same dmg, but they don't do same. And some attack one target, same many.
    (Off-topic: I'll mention here also my 'pain', that in last expansion char's dmg doubled because of new weapons with dbl dmg, but pet's dms stayed almost the same because pets don't have weapons, and the importance of pets as a damage dealers with their passive was cut in half; which is a lot, nekro's passive really helped at 56; i think new formula for pet's passive should be valid after lvl56.)

Obviously, Heroic Timber (currently) has the same passive abilities as Timber - I can say this because at stable I can see that at lvl1 both have passive ability "Bite" at lvl1, and on final lvl Timber has passive ability "Savage Bite" and Heroic Timber has the same - can be seen on the picture in the announcement thread.
    So if the devs do not change the Passive Abilities of Heroic Timber, they cannot make bigger the actual dmg of his passive - because now the herioc pet is stuck with the abilities of a rare pet, and even having far bigger Base Dmg cannot compensate that Passive Ability is weak, as ability.

In short - some new passive abilities has to be designed, for this "error" to be fixed, the heroic pet to make bigger actual dmg.
    (And my personal suspicion is that they decided to let these pets so fast, that they didn't had the time to make pets with unique design, let alone unique passive abilities. This ofcourse is a suspicion, i maybe wrong and the pets are planned this way from a long time.)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voidPtr View Post
    My first thought after watching the video was it's a bug too, maybe some copy paste bug from timber.
    But thinking again - I thought 'no', this is not Exactly bug, this is a design error. Either design error, or Heroic timber is designed on purpose this way, to have high (1)base damage and (2)actually do small damage on hit - you see, they, (1) and (2) are different things - base dmg is also used for other things like in the formula of some computations of pet's AA.
    Every pet's passive ability has a name.
    You see on the picture of Samael up - bellow Pasive Ability: there is the phrase: "Infested touch".
    These passive ability change with level, "Infested Touch" is the last passive ability of Sam.
    You see, these different passive abilities are something like the char classes abilities (for instance firebal,ss,windmill,etc), but are designed especially for the pets, each has its own animation(more visible on passive abilities of ranged pets), and only pets can use these Abilities. And the final damage of these passive abilities is determined by the 'base damage' (pretty much like with char's abilities). Am I right, saying all this, devs?
    If the 'base dmg' was the only thing that mattered for pet's actual dmg - then all pets from one type, for instance legendary, would do the same dmg, but they don't do same. And some attack one target, same many.
    (Off-topic: I'll mention here also my 'pain', that in last expansion char's dmg doubled because of new weapons with dbl dmg, but pet's dms stayed almost the same because pets don't have weapons, and the importance of pets as a damage dealers with their passive was cut in half; which is a lot, nekro's passive really helped at 56; i think new formula for pet's passive should be valid after lvl56.)

Obviously, Heroic Timber (currently) has the same passive abilities as Timber - I can say this because at stable I can see that at lvl1 both have passive ability "Bite" at lvl1, and on final lvl Timber has passive ability "Savage Bite" and Heroic Timber has the same - can be seen on the picture in the announcement thread.
    So if the devs do not change the Passive Abilities of Heroic Timber, they cannot make bigger the actual dmg of his passive - because now the herioc pet is stuck with the abilities of a rare pet, and even having far bigger Base Dmg cannot compensate that Passive Ability is weak, as ability.

In short - some new passive abilities has to be designed, for this "error" to be fixed, the heroic pet to make bigger actual dmg.
    (And my personal suspicion is that they decided to let these pets so fast, that they didn't had the time to make pets with unique design, let alone unique passive abilities. This ofcourse is a suspicion, i maybe wrong and the pets are planned this way from a long time.)
    I'm agree with it, it looks like the individual passive ability"bite" have a damage limitation. If you Ever played pokem** game you will know about how mewtwo let's say attack "X" at 30 level do more damage than a ratata's "X" attack damage at 50lvl .

In AL also every pet passive ability holds multiplier with pets bonus damage. Tho more passive damage depends on pets relative bonus damage of pet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

It's 2017 and we still haven't unravelled the mysteries of such a basic question: What does Pet Damage stat mean? 😑.

Anyway, like the previous posts said, u have to compare apples to apples. Do another test using pets that have the SAME attack skill "Savage Bite" (does regular Timber have it?) Also, please include a AA damage comparison using Nekro AA on both pets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Maybe its the armor of the war and mage that makes the damage somehow similar.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bosscasipong4315 View Post
    Maybe its the armor of the war and mage that makes the damage somehow similar.
    Mhm could be, but it's tested twice at a mage.. once with Samael and once with Heroic Timber.. :/ at the same mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by runagain View Post
    Mhm could be, but it's tested twice at a mage.. once with Samael and once with Heroic Timber.. :/ at the same mage
    Hmm.. Maybe its the way how each pet's passive ability works. Or their rarity lol.. Sam is arcane while heroic timber is heroic (although this special kind of timber is as rare as arcane- Timber is still Timber XD). Or maybe, STS just messed up (most viable reason).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bosscasipong4315 View Post
    Hmm.. Maybe its the way how each pet's passive ability works. Or their rarity lol.. Sam is arcane while heroic timber is heroic (although this special kind of timber is as rare as arcane- Timber is still Timber XD). Or maybe, STS just messed up (most viable reason).
    Yes that could be true, like someone said before in this thread.. the passive damage of Heroic Timber will apply such as the passive damage of normal Timber.. and unfixed bug which can't be fixed :/ or well.. barely..