Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Realistic PVP dodge rates are necessary.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Default Realistic PVP dodge rates are necessary.

Before I state anything, I hope the devs of the STS do not take this offensive by all means. Instead of insulting, think of it as a feedback from the users. So, for the past few days, while pvping at my normal lvl range 30-40, I have faced bunch of bears and seemed to be having troubles with them, mainly due to their dodges. Before the update, bears have not been dodging that much and even without evade, their dodge rates are at the point where mages are incompatible. I have been playing this game for the past 6-7 years or so, but oldies like myself have to go through the constant changes that STS is making in this game, adjusting our builds and trying out new builds / stats / gears to become somewhat decent again at pvp. From regular ssc / voodoo / shivering / l10 plat talon fights, STS went through the forgotten bow patch, which made a big impact towards the pvp users to nerfing the fbows, then this new patch where everything is tradable and every users have the advantage of using 3pc rings, I know that it's a matter of your economical needs, but suddenly buffing up other classes while nerfing the mages back in the years doesn't seem right. What my point is is that before you guys make certain adjustments to the pvp system, I think it would be the best for y'all to actually trying the pvp level itself first and make touches based upon the experience. Cinco, hopefully you don't shut this thread again like other threads, but instead of going around town and hanging around with people, maybe it would be the best for you to actually trying out the pvp level ranges by yourself and make adjustments to that. The global dodge 60% increase in low level just does not seem to be realistic. In all regards, I hope you try fighting a 40 hallo + plat pack sword bears as a 35 mage. Dodge before this update was by all means, luck, but now, it's not luck for bears lol. Imagine yourself being a player with the far best gears possible as an int voodoo mage and you are fighting another player that dodges all your skills and autos. Also, I don't understand the reason for shutting down other threads that are related to this update, because players are making commentaries about the new updates and you guys are just plainly shutting them up. Instead of focusing on unrealistic patches, maybe it's time for you, as a dev of STS to actually play the game and then make the fixes. Thanks Cinco and the Pocket legends devs out there.

2.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,159 Posts

Thanks for the feedback! I do play. I play quite a bit. I play endgame.
    I stopped trying to keep up with my toons at various lower levels and have focused my efforts on attempting to balance endgame PvP. I've been upfront about this also :-)

Next update will bring a major reduction to global dodge and I think a handful of people will be happy (though many more will be upset for this and other unrelated reasons).

You might also take note that I'm musing about closing the PvP ranges from the current 5 to 3 (or perhaps only 1 level difference) in the future to address the inherent problems of Twink PvP.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    147 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Thanks for the feedback! I do play. I play quite a bit. I play endgame.
    I stopped trying to keep up with my toons at various lower levels and have focused my efforts on attempting to balance endgame PvP. I've been upfront about this also :-)

Next update will bring a major reduction to global dodge and I think a handful of people will be happy (though many more will be upset for this and other unrelated reasons).

You might also take note that I'm musing about closing the PvP ranges from the current 5 to 3 (or perhaps only 1 level difference) in the future to address the inherent problems of Twink PvP.
    Yes, the pvp range reduction to 3 is a must in my opinion. It would balance twink pvp so much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Closing the PvP level to same level only can solve many issues, IMO. Merging to lower level won't be possible then. Some brilliant levels will be revived for PvP, for example L50, 55, 65 etc because there's nice gap between that level and that level + 1.

At current time, nobody(mostly) fight any higher level, all they do, if challenged, bring their higher level toons, so actually this is a good idea from cinco.

- IDon'tReplyBack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Well atm 66-71 bears are very underpowered when a L66 int mage dodges more than a L71 beastly bear or a L66 humania bear you know something is definitely wrong maybe if you can add a little more dodge to bears so they don't always get Drain combed by mages

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Closing to 1 or even 3lvls will kill pvp for good if it happens. Don't get me wrong, i like the idea. I massively enjoy 50pvp but it was ruined by 51 twinks etc. The bad part is that people will have a much harder time to find games, and if games exist they prolly won't fill upp since people don't have characters for every lvl.

Surfingbear, surfingmage, surfingfox, surfingrhino and surfingbirdie

Theonebear, iisak, isurfi, powandwissuck, Chaosfarm and leftfootofgod

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    This idea has to be updated ASAP! It would be just awesome for the PvP Experience & Gear Problems!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Active levels will continue to be active. Inactive levels will continue to be inactive and those twinks who have leveled to a random level for the sole purpose of farming lower levels and having a gear, level, or skill advantage will be punished.

This could bring back more twinks at 50, 55, 60, 65, and so forth. Pvping with sewer gear at 55 might be a thing again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    Pvping with sewer gear at 55 might be a thing again.
    There are dozens of us!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingFu View Post
    There are dozens of us!
    yes yes yes yes yes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Burstnuke View Post
    yes yes yes yes yes
    :O hey man, hry.
    nothing lasts forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Yes cinco close the gap, make the range to 1. Tired of the clickbait rooms that has merged down to a 35 host with a damn 45 ballista bird or mage.