Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Own a Samsung Galaxy S II? Read this!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfader View Post
    Planning on buying new phone(my old iPhone 3GS isn't just enough). I'm choosing between iPhone 4s and galaxy s2. Would like to know is there happened anything special since last posts? Wouldn't want new phone to come between me and pocket legends. LOL
    Nope, no update or fix yet. Luckily my crashes aren't too frequent. But they still do occur atleast once a day!
    PL: Enisceloz: Level 76 (Warrior/Tank/Eni Express...Choo Choo!!!!)
    AL: Enisceloz: Level 26 (Warrior/Tank/Exterminator)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spidah View Post
    Nope, no update or fix yet. Luckily my crashes aren't too frequent. But they still do occur atleast once a day!
    Oh well. Thanks for info, but I tought to go with galaxy s2 anyways. So if I get crashing version of phone no can do. And if sts needs test phone for use I'm ready to send it to them solve this issue. :]

Going to get it today after work.
    Pocket legends: Eagle (Endgame Bird), Magic (endgame mage), Getnuked (voodoo mage)
    Star legends: Eng (Engineer), Rapid (operative)
    Dark legends: Sucker (vampire queen)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

[QUOTE=Darkfader;523417]Oh well. Thanks for info, but I tought to go with galaxy s2 anyways. So if I get crashing version of phone no can do. And if sts needs test phone for use I'm ready to send it to them solve this issue.
    Going to get it today after work.[
    Good luck. Maybe STS will listen to you. You may also have better luck being the TMobile version of the SII. The Sprint version seems a bit hopeless. Perhaps the root/siyah Kernal fix works for your version. It does not work for Sprints version

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

[QUOTE=Kariem Ortiz-Vincenty;523604]
    Oh well. Thanks for info, but I tought to go with galaxy s2 anyways. So if I get crashing version of phone no can do. And if sts needs test phone for use I'm ready to send it to them solve this issue.
    Going to get it today after work.[
    Good luck. Maybe STS will listen to you. You may also have better luck being the TMobile version of the SII. The Sprint version seems a bit hopeless. Perhaps the root/siyah Kernal fix works for your version. It does not work for Sprints version
    Both operators not working here in Finland.
    Just got my phone updated and all installed, testing starts now. Let's see what happens. :]
    Pocket legends: Eagle (Endgame Bird), Magic (endgame mage), Getnuked (voodoo mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Second day going and so far not even single freeze or crash. Here's my details.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Second day going and so far not even single freeze or crash. Here's my details.

Samething happened to me. The first couple of days to a week it worked fine. Then the crashing started happening. Played a good deal of time yesterday and it crashed once.
    PL: Enisceloz: Level 76 (Warrior/Tank/Eni Express...Choo Choo!!!!)
    AL: Enisceloz: Level 26 (Warrior/Tank/Exterminator)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Still no crash or other issues at me. Seems I'm lucky with my s2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just got a sprint samsung galaxy s2 epic 4g touch a couple days ago in the us and it always crashes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default possible memory leak

There is a very good possibility that the s2 version of thr app has a mem leak. Upon exiting out of the game my available ram does not decrease. If you open the program and close it again more memory is consumed and not released. After doing this appx7 times the whole phone slows down not just pl. Also if all ram is being used the app will freeze or force close itaelf. If you can address this mem prob i believe u will find the cause of the freeze.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

ok I have a fix for you guys - it worked on my international S2 - some of you might not be willing to do this but it works pretty well

I think its a threading issue with Soundpool when using dual core. was getting random heap-dumps in something I've been working on myself...

the easiest solution to this is to DISABLE DUAL-CORE when playing Star Legends.

1) replace original kernel with Siyah Kernel v2.2 and over

2) Install 2nd core App

3) open up 2nd core App and select single core mode

4) play game happily.

I can confirm that no crashes since disabling dual core.

@devs, i dunno whether this is the real reason behind the crashes though Im pretty sure it is. A more permanent solution to this problem would be if the game simply stops using Soundpool and created a custom sound manager using opensl or something - but im sure u guys already know this and are probably working on a fix right????
    L41 - Commando - ZhaiLord
    L41 - Op - Zhaiop
    <League of Assassinz>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Android 4.0.3 is available via ota, it fixed my sound problems. Prefer all test it out and see if it fixes crash and freeze problems too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Android 4.0.3 is available via ota, it fixed my sound problems. Prefer all test it out and see if it fixes crash and freeze problems too.
    The ota is coming out in some networks first. So they might take a while depending on what network and country you're in.
    Main: Ardon lvl 41 Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have AT&T SGSII -I777 bought in USA, and I always lose sound when I play DL, and always lose Music when I play SL. Doesn't happen in any other games =/ (I don't play PL) also since I got my PC running again, Chrome won't load up SL.

it just says "Servers are up but you can't connect" =/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edgarhighmen View Post
    I have AT&T SGSII -I777 bought in USA, and I always lose sound when I play DL, and always lose Music when I play SL. Doesn't happen in any other games =/ (I don't play PL) also since I got my PC running again, Chrome won't load up SL.

it just says "Servers are up but you can't connect" =/
    Be sure your sgs 2 is updated to latest version 4.0.3, that fixed all sort of problems to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello
    I got a Issue at my Samsung Galaxy s3
    When i wanna join a game then when i click join the join button gets light and it Crashes......
    What can i do??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spidah:519497
    I recently bought a Galaxy SII aswell, from T-Mobile here in New York and here are my specs:

Model Number: SGH-T989
    Android Verson: 2.3.6.
    Baseband Verion: T989UVKL1
    Kernel Version: 2.6.35.11
    Build Number: GINGERBREAD.UVKL1

(I recently upgraded to the new firmware) However the game just happens to crash at random times!! The screen freezes but the music still plays. I was fighting Von Gobble last night and my game crashed. So I let it stand on freeze for a bit to see if it recovered and nothing. Closed game logged back in. And I had gotten a death on my stats lol, so some how the game was still playing on????
    this exactly what happens to me i also gain a death i play the game on full brightness and battery saver off and it crashes i reduced the issue by putting battery on 1/4 and not spamming the skill button weird but true the game crashes if u spam skills its prob because of cpu looks like s2 cant handle how fast the gameplay is when for example comms are using the pull push combo my s2 always crashes on skill explosions
    SL:Abbasjammy 46 opp Abbasjammmy 46 comm Abbasjamy
    45 eng Irushrushers 25 pvper crstore money 2010 player yup thats right im an old timer B-)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Just update your phones.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just got my TMobile Samsung GalaxyS2, last month...
    At first.. I had these EXACT SAME PROBLEMS! .. I contacted all tech support.. TMobile, Samsung, spacetime.. All to hear each other say.. Each other..

Long story short.. I no longer deal with these issues all the time.. Sometimes at random it will crash but I do a "cleaning ritual" in my phone..

When playing legends.. I prep my phone..
    1: clear all catches and cookies.. (settings: applications: "app name") I go through all except the important ones..
    2: Before I start legends.. I force close and clear catch.. NOT data...
    Restart phone.. Repeat.. You should notice these apps are clean but running.. Force close all the crap that runs background like Facebook, YouTube, gmail.. Other games... You get the idea..
    Start PL and see if that helped.. Also.. When I play for hours.. I play with a laptop lap fan.. and my phone on the fan to keep from over heating...

Idk if it will help everyone.. But since I do this I can play for HOURS at a time..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

@schaco same here i think there is a issue with samsung galaxy s3 too.

When i join a game screen freeze and game turns itself off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So after not playing for a year I decided to start playing some again. Back in the days the game used to freeze and eventually I'd get a pop up that the game had stopped responding etc. I had a lot of issues with this and eventually i just gave up. One year later. Multiple upgrades to my international phone and it has gotten even worse. First time i loaded up the game it instantly freeze. Had to remove battery to get it responsive again.

Today has started horribly. I havent done a single thing on my phone since I unplugged it 1 hour ago. First i instantly crash. Replug battery and im down to 64% battery. Second try to play i get to kill a few monsters. Use the instant traveling thingie and crash. Replug and now im at 16% battery. I am at a loss what to do. Anyone else dtill struggling with their s2?

Br. /fjant