Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The story of Alterra and its people

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Wow! This is great! Can't wait for the next chapter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nazgulking View Post
    I have to say that English is not my mother tongue.
    You can't tell. Yay! Last chapter :P I agree, it would be nice if STS made a really deep backstory for the game.
    Zakalwe, level 40 Scorn Engineer, Officer in Dark Legion
    Zakalwe, level 25 Vampire, member of Dark Legion

Chronicler of Alterra nazgulking's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Alterra is a beautiful place and the Great War has begun, the fate of all shall be decided.

The Queen, first of all, opened slightly one of her eyes.

"Am I dead?"

No, actually no-one died and all around them the black flames of the crystals of Bale have cleansed the evil brought by the Void. Also the other warriors of Alterra opened their eyes. No one was believeing their eyes until the Ursan lieutenant said: "You took your sweet time to make a miracle happen, don't you elves?"
    Everyone burst into joy thanking everything they have dear for been still alive.
    The only one that was not sharing the same joy as the others was the Queen. She knew that this was just the first wave and others will come, it was just a matter of time.

Meanwhile in the Void Bale rejoiced for the glorious victory of his people.
    "HAHAHAHA! You know that the victory your pitiful people have achieved is just postponig their inevitable doom. Shortly I will send andother wave of my dark servants. Maybe they can resist another wave, but they will eventually fall and, in the end, the victory shall be mine."
    Bale in a moment of anger replied to his father "You are not my father! Those are my people and if they are going to die, I want to die with them as one of them!"
    "So be it!"

In a moment Bale was sent back to Alterra at the Fort. The Queen after seeing Bale sent back from the unknown began to cry for the joy.
    "My King finally you have returned to us. I dont know what to say..."
    "Then don't say nothing and enjoy this fragment of happiness" Bale said and smiled shortly after to his queen. After gaining back on his feet he went back to the Fort to inform his people and all the free people of Alterra of his plan to end this war once and for all.

"My friends, free people of Alterra! A great threat is ahead of us. The name of this enemy is Void. Apparently he is my father and wants to use my powers to destroy everything that we have made in these millenia. I know what it has to be done, but I need a small squad of warriors brave enough to follow me in its realm and that may never return back."
    A sense of chilling was in the air. The firsts to withdraw were the humans "So you have brought war in our lands? And we should help you risking our lives? You made the mess and now you resolve it!"
    After them Ursans, Avians and even the Elves were leaving him alone.
    The only one to stay by his side was the Queen: "I will come with you! I can't leave you go and risk your life for us!"
    "My Queen you have to stay here and guide our people to its fate, I will go alone..."
    "No, not alone!" Answered a voice between the human lines.
    "The knights of Cydonia will be your bodyguards in your travel through the Void! Our goal was always to battle for the Greater Good and we shall follow you!"
    This was Skav, the captain of the chapter of the knights of Cydonia.

Cydonia is a detached human reign located on the mainland of Alterra, distant from the main capital on the Island of Humania. They were the most moderate and open Human realm to the animaloids, this is how the human calls the Ursans, Avians and Elves. They were always in good releationship with all the animal reigns of Alterra. The king of Cydonia was a good Friend of Av'ian, the Ursan circle and Bale himself.
    He was the one that founded the Knights, an order devoted to the pursuit of the Greater Good, and the only one to accept Humans, Ursans, Elves and Avians alike. The only rule was that they should use sword and shield to battle their enemies.
    This orders gave birth to the paladins and the blademasters. Elves and Avians going against their naturals traits and go beyond them, with the extra protection of an armour and limitation to work in close quarters.Only the best elements may enter this order and after years of training they are natural killing machines.
    The actual leader of the Knights is Skav, who responds to the King of Cydonia himself, and the number of the Knights is 10, leader included.

"Are you mad? Are you going to risk your lives for Bale, who most probably betrayed us to this "Void" entity?"
    "Yes" was the short answer of Skav.
    "Thanks for your sacrifice. You will be always remebered and the clash between Humans and Animaloids that we may have encountered shall be buried in the past" replied Bale.

With no further delays, Bale and the Knights of Cydonia began their march to the portal. When they approached it Bale halted the Knights and told them "This is a realm of darkness and your powers alone won't be enough. I will enchant your armours, shields, weapons and souls for the voyage ahead of us"
    Using the powers of the Void Bale did so. A great black aura was all around him and when he actually give them the promised powers, the kinghts felt like 300 soldiers each.

They step into the portal and teleported back to the Void realm. No one was shaked by the vision, because they were pursuing the Greater Good, something they were running after all their lives long, so no fear struck their hearts. They approached the tower of Saunaz and there Bale explained the plan to the Knights.
    "I need to destroy 2 crystals in order to weaken the "Void", give me the time to do so, soldiers"
    "Yes sir!" was the only response that came from the Knights and then another voice came and it was no friendly at all:

"So betrayer of a son, you have returned to your home with 10 pitiful soldiers? That is all your army? HAHAHAHAH! I laugh at your foolishness. I know your plan aleady. You will never kill me, because I am Immortal! And you will be crushed by my servants once and for all!"
    From all corners the black swarm was coming and craving to eat their fleshes.
    "Soldiers the time of our glory have finally come and we will become Immortals ourselves" Said Skav.

The Knights began the formation, making an impenetrable wall of shields and lances. The demons were charging at them and when they clashed at the Knights shields, thanks to the power of the Void, they were repulsed back killing all the demons the repulsed ones got in contact with.
    They were cutting deomons and undead apart three to 5 at time. They felt like immortals. They were killing thousands like it was a walk in the park. No matter if the enemy were weakling zombies or a big demons with pitchfork, they felt they could withstand all the enemies of hell itself.
    The more the battle was taking the more the Knights were feeling the enchantment of Bale was vanishing.
    Bale had already destroyed the first crystal and was about to do the same with second when the first Knight fell to the enemy, trepassed part by part by a pitchfork.
    The Knights didn't care and continued battling and more of the Knights were falling.
    In the end there was only Skav himself left to defend Bale, when finally he was able to destroy the last crystal.

A shake went through the Void. Bale's father got weakened by the destruction of its power source. The Undead were in disarray, thanks to the lack of guidance of Saunaz who was weak enough to loose the dominion over the forces of this plane.
    Bale thought that the mere destruction of the crystals would kill his father, but understood what the next step was necessary.

"Skav, I need to encase my father in a prison which he will never escape and I need to use a concentrated source of Shadow essence.... Mine"
    "What are you saying? I thought you achieved your goals" Replied Skav
    "No my dear friend, I thank you and your Knights for the time you have given me to weaken my father. Now I have to end this and seal the portal between the Void and Cosmo once and for all, with my sacrifice"
    "You don't have to do this Bale! I will put my sword into its heath myself!"
    "You can't kill him Skav, neither can I. This is the only way... take this crystal and, for the Greater Good that you believe in, gave it to my Queen so that they can research another way to get their powers from, so they can rebuild Alterra as it once was" Bale said.
    "No I won't leave you here alone!"
    "You have no choice Skav" Bale said after giving him the crystal.

Bale teleported back Skav to Alterra and his last words were "Good bye my good friend. Make sure Alterra will live on after this. Please watch over our beautiful land".
    Before accomplishing the last act he telepatically talked to his Queen and said "My dear Queen, these are my last words as your King. Skav is the only survivor of the Knights of Cydonia I will now close the portal from the Void and encase my father in a prison he will not be able to escape anymore. I wanted to thank you, because thanks to you I have felt things that I would have never felt otherwise, feelings that the Void cannot provide. Love. Love for my land, for my people and for...You. Now You have to be strong for all of us and guide the people of Alterra in this time of uncertainty.
    Farewell, my dear and beloved Queen."

A tear, from the eyes of Queen, came out and formed a crystal that still now is at the base of the Mana and Health potions made by the Elves.
    As a last action towards her king, the Queen made all the people of Alterra see what Bale was about to be doing.
    All Alterra was there in the Void, near Bale to see his final act.
    He was channelling all the Shadow essence inside of him.

"You cannot kill me by what I am made" Said Saunaz still weak for the destruction of the cyrstals.
    "You are right" said Bale " I cannot kill someone empty of feelings with just hate and fear. You always said that we have to use life as a meaning to pursuit our objectives. YOU ARE WRONG! Life is made to be lived. It is made to feel something that in all your life you have never felt. You always have been so busy to create sorrow for others, that you never stopped thinking what others were feeling..."
    "What? What are you talking about?" Asked Saunaz.
    "I will imprison you with the hatred you have caused. All the sorrow you have created will be targeted back at you, with the power of the Void and Cosmos togheter!"

The normally black aura of Bale was getting white little by little. The hatred and sorrow of the Void was mixing togheter with the power of the good feelings of the Cosmos.
    The material existence of Bale was vanishing and becoming a beacon of pure energy, when all that was left of Bale became pure energy it channeled through the black tower of Saunaz and created an impenetrable barrier all around the Void. Saunaz was becoming less and less powerful, loosing the grasp on the portal between the two planes. The portal was getting smaller and smaller until it collapsed creating a big explosion in the sky that ended in a rain of golden sparkles.

And that was the end of the "Great War". From that day forward the city of the "Fort" was renamed to "Balefort" in honor to the sacrifice of Bale to keep Alterra safe.
    Every time that there is a comet storm, they call them the Bale's tears, remembering the sacrifice he made to secure the land for all of them.
    Last edited by nazgulking; 10-09-2011 at 01:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

And with this we end the history of Alterra

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

*applause*
    I just saw you in balefort announcing this was done. This is an amazing story, it really fills in what is never explained to you in the game.
    Last edited by Azamaster; 10-09-2011 at 10:44 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Azamaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azamaster View Post
    *applause*
    I just saw you in balefort announcing this was done.
    Thanks. That is called marketing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Default lol

Lol reading that was ten times better than twilight
    Guess who's back, back again, Ghastly's back, tell your friends :-D
    ~Ghastly~

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ghastly For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

That was amazing. However, I do feel the last chapter was blatantly advertising KOC lol nevertheless, well done! I've enjoyed reading this!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheChairmaker View Post
    That was amazing. However, I do feel the last chapter was blatantly advertising KOC lol nevertheless, well done! I've enjoyed reading this!
    I've told that I was about to use one of the in-game guilds as part of the story. So it was expected

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I've told that I was about to use one of the in-game guilds as part of the story. So it was expected
    Ah yes. I forgot this, as I have a rather bad memory

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

No problem pal. The important thing is that you have enjoyed it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azamaster View Post
    *applause*
    I just saw you in balefort announcing this was done. This is an amazing story, it really fills in what is never explained to you in the game.
    Thanks. This is my way to say that if I could make it in a week (actually less), without taking all day to think of it, then it is not an impossible task.
    I've tried to make an immervise background story, taking some of the actual in-game features and unexplained facts and put them togheter to make a story that does make sense in a fantasy setting.

P.S. Left some thanks to all the peeps that have left a comment here. Thank you guys
    P.S.S. Chairmaker you will be the next to get a Thanks, unfortunately I have run out of reputation dispensing LOL
    Last edited by nazgulking; 10-09-2011 at 01:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

hey those are amazing stories, and they lead me to some inspirations. is it fine if I like, write a sequel of the great war for you? It'll consists of the epic battles between the current guilds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Purty awezome!!!
    Nourish 36 Engineer | Glu 36 Commando | Tacticz 36 Operative

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Nourish For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

What? No Story of Fnord?
    ^lol jk.

Too much for me to read right now lol, but great job on this, looks very impressive.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to xXDamonDXx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NoobianOfAlterra View Post
    hey those are amazing stories, and they lead me to some inspirations. is it fine if I like, write a sequel of the great war for you? It'll consists of the epic battles between the current guilds
    Thanks for the support!
    Writing for me? Come on, I haven't hired you yet, you should be free to write them on your on
    On a serious note, Go ahead and write. If my works have given you some inspiration, then be my guest

P.S. Now that I think of that I've left the story of humans behind, besides the little introspection about Cydonia... hmmmm....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

These story's were amazing! Completely changed my view of PL. Great job!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Spamm For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

P.S. Left some thanks to all the peeps that have left a comment here. Thank you guys
    P.S.S. Chairmaker you will be the next to get a Thanks, unfortunately I have run out of reputation dispensing LOL
    Thanks preemtively for thanking this could go on forever, couldn't it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Nah! I just thank once

BTW I have decided to make at least one BONUS story... Humans!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Alterra is a beautiful place which is home to the Human race.

The human race is the first to have set step foot into the realm Alterra. At their time the animaloids were just non-intelligent beigns who were hunted for thier meat to satisfy Humans hunger.
    The change came from where the first animaloid came: Bale the first king of the Elves.
    They were, at first, suspicious about the first talking animal of their realm but, using his powers, Bale made them trust him after some time.

The Human society of men was divided into 5 kingdoms. Spades, Hearts, Diamonds, Clubs and Cydonia.

The kingdom of Spades was the more militaristically one. This kingdom established itself as a local power in the Humania Island. During the centuries, Spades's reputation as a land-fighting force was unequaled. The king of Spades position was hereditary, passed from parent to son, and its kingship was a kind of unlimited and perpetual generalship.
    To gain the status of citizen of the kingdom of Spades one have to undertake its education process - which begin at the age of six - but, at the same time, to take this path must have been born in the kingdom of Spades itself, with few exceptions. The kingdom of Spades was above all a militarist state, and emphasis on military fitness began virtually at birth. So there was no room for the weak, who are banned by the city at birth when found. From this training the Spades kingdom was the strongest of all the human reigns.

The Kingdom of Hearts was the most devoted to the diplomatic branches. They always tried to solve their issues through diplomatic means. After an incident, unknown to the people outside this kingdom, this realm have had just a Queen to rule them all, while its king have been banned. Rumors say that he turned mad and became the head of one of the biggest gangs of mercenaries of the known world.
    They have always had a good attitude at trading as well, but not as good as the people of the kingdom of Diamonds, but this is not where they excel. The first recorded works in the Alterra literary tradition are the poems of Remoh and Doiseh from here.The Kingdom of Hearts is also judged the birthplace of theatre, where was invented the "drama". Heartesans are often attributed with developing the modern study of history into a field worthy of philosophical, literary, and scientific pursuit. It is here that the concept of School and Education was given birth. This gave them the reputation of having the best cultered people of all human races

The Kingdom of Diamonds was the greatest trader of the five. They were the best of their time and owed much of their prosperity to trade. At first they traded only with the kingdom of Hearts. As trading and colonizing spread over the Alterran seas, Diamondands and Heartesans seemed to have unconsciously split that sea in two: the Diamondands sailed along and eventually dominating the eastern shore, while the Heartesans were active along the western shores. The two cultures clashed rarely, which eventually settled into two spheres of influence. Brilliant textiles were a part of Diamondands wealth - which still now are used -, and Diamondands glass was another export ware. During their sales they stumbled upon what they have called the Fnord realm. They say that it was a mirror realm to the one of Alterra. At the center of it there was a big black tower, which rumors says lead to another plane. The Elves have already understood that this world is divided into 4 planes: Cosmos, the one where Alterra is, Rift, where the "Ancients" come from, Void, where the "Void" is imprisoned, and the plane of the Great Beigns, which is a gateway to all other planes. The best mages of the Elves suppose that the tower found in the Fnord lands can connect to the plane of The Great Beigns, leaving a second entry for the "Void". This gave them the reputation of the "explorer" and "traders" among all of the human races

The kingdom of the clubs is the most misterious one, since it is populated only by magicians. No one have ever entered their realm and come back in one piece in order to tell what he saw. This gave them the reputation of the best magic-manipulators of all the human races.

From Bale they discovered the Elves, then the Avians and finally the Ursans. Somehow they felt uneasy about these discoveries and thought that their realm was somewhat invaded and declared war on all the animaloids of Alterra. This war was an harsh one, with a clear advantage of the animaloids at least for their greater numbers than those of the Humans.
    The king of Spades was the one who actually made the Humans declare war on the animaloids. After years and years of suffering the Queen of Hearts made a treaty with the animaloids in order to cease the sorrow for the human people.
    When the Great War came all the Kings and Queens of Human race became mad, due to the influence of the "Void", and left the human race in disarray. The only sane leader left was the king of Cydonia who helped the animaloids in the great clash against the dark entity. From the end of the war and sacrifice of the Knights, all humans are welcome in the animaloids reigns.
    Unfortunately humans are still suspicious at them and only the Cydonians have their kingdom set in the Alterra mainland, where the rest of humans came back to their Island.
    From that time forward, the Humans of the Island of Humania have never spoke to the animaloids of the mainland, but word is spreading of great problems are occuring there and many thinks that soon or after they will be heard of again.