Thread: Cutting down on spam, enhancing chat and communication.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb Cutting down on spam, enhancing chat and communication.

Title pretty much says it all, but the spamming at the CS is getting really annoying. A possible platinum price decrease for auction slots might encourage players to buy them and thus, reduce the need for them to constantly shout out what theyre selling. If a different suggestion is needed, allowing players to setup a bazaar which is represented with an icon next to their name (much like a guild) would alert players that they are selling something, and allow them to browse directly off the player. I think that bottle necking the ability to sell more than one item at a time is in turn causing the chat log to flood.

Another suggestion: create "tabs" on the chat window for the immediate area chat, guild chat, and private chat. This would prevent the immediate area from flooding private messages and guild chat out of the window. When you select a tab (i.e: guild), tapping on the chat window will automatically default to sending messages to that channel, thus preventing the need to type "/g" before your message. This will allow quicker communication and less mishaps when attempting to chat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by uratia View Post
    Title pretty much says it all, but the spamming at the CS is getting really annoying. A possible platinum price decrease for auction slots might encourage players to buy them and thus, reduce the need for them to constantly shout out what theyre selling. If a different suggestion is needed, allowing players to setup a bazaar which is represented with an icon next to their name (much like a guild) would alert players that they are selling something, and allow them to browse directly off the player. I think that bottle necking the ability to sell more than one item at a time is in turn causing the chat log to flood.

Another suggestion: create "tabs" on the chat window for the immediate area chat, guild chat, and private chat. This would prevent the immediate area from flooding private messages and guild chat out of the window. When you select a tab (i.e: guild), tapping on the chat window will automatically default to sending messages to that channel, thus preventing the need to type "/g" before your message. This will allow quicker communication and less mishaps when attempting to chat.
    Agreed.. Chat channels would be very nice .. now that we got guild system, the messages just keep coming..

A chat channel is perfect to filter out the messages you want to see

Lv 61 Int-Chantress Silverkakari
    Lv 21 farming twink DairyFarmer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

All good!
    No need for private message one, we have a notification feature for that

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

I agree with the latter; different tabs would be cool, but as for the constant spamming the best thing you can do is click ignore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Cool ideas
    PL - Navygreen
    AL - Viicks (me), Littlesis (my sis)