Thread: Who Doesn't Like to Reminisce?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Default Who Doesn't Like to Reminisce?

With so much negativity swirling around on the forums, I was trying to think of something that would break up the intense debate over new things in the game. The best thing that came to mind was questioning people on whether they remember events or people from when they first started Pocket Legends.

I suppose the main purpose of this post is for people to reminisce on the past or how they remember first starting Pocket Legends. How did you get into Pocket Legends? What memorable moments did you have? Did you look up to anybody? Did you meet someone that was super awesome? (Shout out to Tommy & Iel if you're reading)

Was there someone in particular you would play with IRL? What class did you start on? Did you even use the right attributes for a class? (I was the lv 42 int bear :P) Did you like PvE or PvP more than you do now? Have your interests in the game changed? Have you become one of the people that you would look up to when you were a new player? Has your favorite class changed? How did it feel to cap for the first time? etc. etc.

I just realized I may have flooded you with way too many possible questions (sorry), but I just wanted to show how open-ended this post really is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

Was legit about to write this thread up, was thinking the same thing.

Some of my fondest memories
    -first playing the game, buying campaigns, going to balefort as a l1 mage, gettingn rekt. Proceeded to go to FH, met some mages trixxxxie, ladyviviane and uifraasivax (shoutouts if your reading this), they levelled me to like; 30? Was a lot of fun learning.
    -first finding the forums and reading phys and elly's guides (again shoutouts if you read)
    -first pvp kill, L10 staff mage, lol
    -meeting all the amazing people through this game, truly changed my life
    -micah releasing the remastered theme (still in all my playlists, lol)..

Noob moments
    -liquidating swamp pinks because they weren't the spec i wanted (voodoo pins etc)
    -getting scammed, lol
    -selling weapons and everything i had as soon as i got into tutorial (basically a naked char) to make gold : p

Thinking back on all this has made me smile, couldnt've (double conjunctions ftw) asked for a better way to spend the time i had than on this game, thanks for everything guys <3

: )

thanks for making the thread walie : ), nice trip down memory lane
    nothing lasts forever

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Burningdex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Burningdex View Post
    -selling weapons and everything i had as soon as i got into tutorial (basically a naked char) to make gold : p
    I just about fell over laughing when I read this XD

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Congeniality For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Back when I started only forest haven and dark forest were free you had to buy balefort
    I couldn't figure that out so I leveled up to 18 and thought 'meh. That's a fun but short game' and uninstalled the app
    Well I managed to make it on the second try

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

- I got scammed a copperhead voodoo doll. Yeah not much. But this was before cs, where trade happened in FH.

- rush farming

- 50 endgame sets were 1.5m+, that's seriously like 50m now a days

- Got a mega blaster of void. This was also a big deal. 500k then was a fortune.

- pre gcd was fun

- paid 500k for someone to teach me pvp (shoutout kan) unfortunately this was pre gcd.

- guild wars before guilds became a feature was fun (specifically remember unity and dtf)

- 55-56 endgame pvp seriously best time spent playing any video game. All gear was viable in pvp which was absolutely amazing

- shout out xazic, xghost, kan, qwert, hawkby, just and ladyhad, and anyone else who made 2010-2011 best god damn year of PL.

- shoutout all the sewer rats love u all <3

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mennddoza For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mennddoza View Post
    - I got scammed a copperhead voodoo doll. Yeah not much. But this was before cs, where trade happened in FH.

- rush farming

- Got a mega blaster of void. This was also a big deal. 500k then was a fortune.

- pre gcd was fun

- paid 500k for someone to teach me pvp (shoutout kan) unfortunately this was pre gcd.

- guild wars before guilds became a feature was fun (specifically remember unity and dtf)

- 55-56 endgame pvp seriously best time spent playing any video game. All gear was viable in pvp which was absolutely amazing

- shout out xazic, xghost, kan, qwert, hawkby, just and ladyhad, and anyone else who made 2010-2011 best god damn year of PL.

Dude it was an absolute pleasure playing by your side back in the old days. Much love <3

10. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Yeah I remember when there was a big queue in front of the Ok Tal portal and like allthese lv 80s were tripping over themselves to be 1st to reach 85, ahh ye I remember!

Oh wait, that was yesterday!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Malpaedia For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mennddoza View Post

- rush farming

- pre gcd was fun

Laughing from the fact that Kanital would make you pay 500k to learn...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Laughing from the fact that Kanital would make you pay 500k to learn...
    Ikr I was such a scrub lol
    Currahee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

My character name is Modredd.
    I capped from the crown of persistence all the way up to level 76.
    I started this game in 2010 and had stopped by 2013. I came back briefly in 2015 and I haven't been back since yesterday.
    I sold my crown of persistence for 18 million dollars. I worked hard for it but it really didn't mean anything to me and I got some really cool vanity stuff with the money!
    This game will always be the greatest game I ever played!
    I was a big Dungeons & Dragons person but as far as video games this game will always hold a place in my heart.
    I remember every time I would get a pink drop I would literally feel like I was the king of the world.
    I'm not going to lie after 76 when this company pretty much abandon the game I was pretty bitter.
    I think my other character got banned on these forums and I was quite hurt.
    But I have amazing memories of when the shadow caves were created, when I had completed all the quests I believe it was 214/214.
    I spent over $1,000 on this game in a year and I don't regret it for a second. I think I was in a guild called elite and we would level cap in one night.
    I would literally play until 5 in the morning something I don't recommend by the way!
    It's not safe and it's not good for you but it was so much fun!
    I was invited into a guild called friendship and they seem really cool.
    I'm looking to get all of the glymph armor but there are very few things for sale. I wanted to get the crafted red and black one.
    I also wanted to get the shadow gear from the shadow caves again very little is for sale.
    This game got me through a lot of problems it was a great escape.
    I played Star legends, dark legends and even arcane legends but it was never the same this game was the best in my opinion.
    I vaguely remember some people like razorfingers but it's been too long.
    If you see me around say hi and I want to personally apologize to SpaceTime studios for ragging on them like I did.
    I felt they should have concentrated more on this game instead of creating new ones and abandoning this oneso imagine my surprise when I see there are people that are level 105 and even though a lot of the stuff is reused if it brings people Joy I see no problem.
    I played last night had a great time!
    Thanks for the Memories!
    Thinking that you are the best does not mean you are better than anyone!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Storms For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Storms View Post
    My character name is Modredd.
    I capped from the crown of persistence all the way up to level 76.
    I started this game in 2010 and had stopped by 2013. I came back briefly in 2015 and I haven't been back since yesterday.
    I sold my crown of persistence for 18 million dollars. I worked hard for it but it really didn't mean anything to me and I got some really cool vanity stuff with the money!
    This game will always be the greatest game I ever played!
    I was a big Dungeons & Dragons person but as far as video games this game will always hold a place in my heart.
    I remember every time I would get a pink drop I would literally feel like I was the king of the world.
    I'm not going to lie after 76 when this company pretty much abandon the game I was pretty bitter.
    I think my other character got banned on these forums and I was quite hurt.
    But I have amazing memories of when the shadow caves were created, when I had completed all the quests I believe it was 214/214.
    I spent over $1,000 on this game in a year and I don't regret it for a second. I think I was in a guild called elite and we would level cap in one night.
    I would literally play until 5 in the morning something I don't recommend by the way!
    It's not safe and it's not good for you but it was so much fun!
    I was invited into a guild called friendship and they seem really cool.
    I'm looking to get all of the glymph armor but there are very few things for sale. I wanted to get the crafted red and black one.
    I also wanted to get the shadow gear from the shadow caves again very little is for sale.
    This game got me through a lot of problems it was a great escape.
    I played Star legends, dark legends and even arcane legends but it was never the same this game was the best in my opinion.
    I vaguely remember some people like razorfingers but it's been too long.
    If you see me around say hi and I want to personally apologize to SpaceTime studios for ragging on them like I did.
    I felt they should have concentrated more on this game instead of creating new ones and abandoning this oneso imagine my surprise when I see there are people that are level 105 and even though a lot of the stuff is reused if it brings people Joy I see no problem.
    I played last night had a great time!
    Thanks for the Memories!
    Yeah, 76 was pretty great (My favorite actually, that's why I wear the Eternal Elite title) although I think STS revived the game this year since it's been great with events and prizes.