Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Players selling guilds for gold?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Default Players selling guilds for gold?

This is hot off the press! I was just in balefort checking cs when I saw someone selling their guild for 300k+ gold this looks suspicious to me, what does everyone else think? Keeping guild name and player name anonymous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

There's no way I would trust giving someone 300k gold hoping they will actually transfer their guild over to me. Lmao.
    PL - Navygreen
    AL - Viicks (me), Littlesis (my sis)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by patsoe View Post
    This is hot off the press! I was just in balefort checking cs when I saw someone selling their guild for 300k+ gold this looks suspicious to me, what does everyone else think? Keeping guild name and player name anonymous
    Looks like someone trying to take advantage of players that dont' know any better. Guild Charters are only 250k. So you can start your own guild for less. And I suspect that there aren't any guild members that will stick around, if there are any to begin with.

The only "value" I suppose could be in the guild having some super cool name that you just had to have. But even then, I just don't know that it is suppose to work where you sell guilds. Maybe someone used 20 plat to make the guild and wants some gold, thinking that is better than the plat/gold conversion rate. I don't know, but it doesn't seem to pass the smell test for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Don't think u can do this

5.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Make use of the report functionality in game to notify us about anyone doing this and we'll take care of it.

Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Well... I have not seen anything that clearly prohibits doing this and I guess you could transfer GM powers for money. I know some players would probably pay a hefty sum to be guild leaders of the major guilds out there...

Perhaps an explicit message forbidding this should be made?

(A tier 3 guild for 300k would be quite cheap and robbing STS of some potential plat revenue...)
    Last edited by StompArtist; 10-07-2011 at 12:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Make use of the report functionality in game to notify us about anyone doing this and we'll take care of it.

Thanks!
    I thought this was shifty! I already reported it to your email address with a screenshot too ;-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drewcapu View Post
    The main problem is that there's no way to do it from the trade screen. It's two distinct actions to get it done, and one way or another there's potential for either side to not fulfill their side once the first action has taken place.

Legitimate guild transfers to friends that have been with a guild for a good amount of time followed by a donation of appreciation is one thing, but advertising to do the same to strangers after squatting on a particular guild name is another.
    Agreed.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Isn't this the same as players reserving names for hopes of selling for gain later? I think that these players were selling guilds with desirable names for more than the initial start up cost because you're paying an extra 50k for an epic (already taken) guild name... or am I reading this completely wrong?

There is a whole thread dedicated to the selling of an igs HERE, where the question was asked if it was acceptable and there has yet to be an answer from a dev so this would be the next probable step. I know that a post was made saying that anything that happens outside of the (secure) trade window is not endorsed/condoned via STS, but I have yet to hear that there are consequences for those actions. STS needs to revise their ToS before they are able to take hard action against illicit sales such as this one.

Forum Adept Driazsomethingiforgot's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Sounds like a scam to me
    Driazabacen lv56 Dex Eagle
    Cosmosathena lv8 Noob Mage