Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Doh! Spent money on SL and now its obsolete!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Question Doh! Spent money on SL and now its obsolete!

Is there any point in playing SL now? All that grinding to level up and now the new game?

I am excited for the new game don't get me wrong, but are we just wasting our time with SL now?

Will there be a closed Beta some of us can be lucky enough to join so when it opens to the public we can already start rich?

Worried.

SL -> Lvl. 40 Engi. - TOFASTFORYOU
    DL -> Lvl. 18 Vamp. - Sillynoob
    -> HTC EVO 3D & Google Chrome BETA 20.0.1069.1 m

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

It sounds like a time to quit sts altogether. 300$ on pl. Been saving up for sl for 2k. And now this game, no thx.
    It was fun while it lasted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

You don't have to play every game. STS is on a roll and they are doing a great job by variating there games. Not everyone enjoys elves, birds, or bears but they do like humans in space. As well as vice versa. I am not very informed on any info on DL but im sure that whatever its theme is it will attract players that will be attracted to that. Sts makes the games F2P (free to play) which doesn't require you to spend a sum on the game and later regret it. Buying plat in game is clearly optional so if you do not see the point in further buying plat don't. I have plat in SL that I haven't spent ever since level 26 cap. I also haven't level'd on SL because I prefer PL. Knowing that I have spent money on SL that is just sitting there doesn't make me say, "Man I bought that plat and now I don't even play SL as much." I support STS with every game they plan to make and I plan to give a go at every game of theirs. Don't hate on STS for their game breakthroughs.
    Last edited by XchilangopwnX; 10-24-2011 at 01:27 PM.

PvP Builds DL Tourney
    "...the only thing we have to fear is fear itself..." -Franklin D. Roosevelt

4.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

We have a packed plan for new content and upgrades for both Star Legends and Pocket Legends. Both games are very much alive and being supported. The addition of Dark Legends won't slow that down. Just as Chilangopwn outlines above, it just adds another option for people who want to play a different game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

StS may have 10 games a few years from now. Maybe they will do MyLittlePonyWorld for little kids, and WorldWarDomination for adults. Just pick the game you like. You don't have to reach max level with max gear on every game. That would be obsessive–compulsive. But, when they do make pony world, I want the prettiest pony with the best accessories.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't like pocket legends anymore it was better in 2009 but star legends is really cool some I'm looking forward to dark legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

No one put a gun to your head and made you buy platinum, the Legends games are still free to play. Also, you do not have to quit playing one game completely just to start a new game, STS allows you to have one free character in each game.
    Growwle - My guess is 1050

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blindmaster:439391
    It sounds like a time to quit sts altogether. 300$ on pl. Been saving up for sl for 2k. And now this game, no thx.
    Feels like a slap in the face huh?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

What's soo wrong about a new game? Shouldn't you be happy?

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Yes, more customers and more money for STS equates to more content updates and expansions for us.

Forum Adept Driazsomethingiforgot's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I think Ill pass on DL... If its the same mmo why would I play it rather than PL or SL? Besides playing in a new world? It will just be the same gameplay.
    Driazabacen lv56 Dex Eagle
    Cosmosathena lv8 Noob Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Driazsomethingiforgot:439632
    I think Ill pass on DL... If its the same mmo why would I play it rather than PL or SL? Besides playing in a new world? It will just be the same gameplay.
    Really, we have no info about the game other than the name and "enemies will explode in fountains of blood," sorry if I misquoted.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Driazsomethingiforgot:439632
    True....but hope for the best

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Default wow

Wow they prob only just made up a new name and a lil bit info and you exepect so much when just started give em a break sl just came out not long ago the game prob wont even release in 6 months more like 12 months
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XchilangopwnX:439433
    You don't have to play every game. Sts is on a roll and they are doing a great job by variating there games. Not everyone enjoys elves, birds, or bears but they do like humans in space. As well as vice versa. I am not very informed on any info on DL but im sure that whatever its theme is it will attract players that will be attracted to that. Sts makes the games F2P (free to play) which doesn't require you to spend a sum on the game and later regret it. Buying plat in game is clearly optional so if you do not see the point in further buying plat don't. I have plat in SL that I haven't spent every since level 26 cap. I also haven't level'd on SL because I prefer PL. Knowing that I have spent money on SL that is just sitting there doesn't make me say, "Man I bought that plat and now I don't even play SL much." I support sts with every game they plan to make and I plan to give a go at every game of theirs. Don't hate on Sts for their game breakthroughs.
    Well said my friend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dextwinnk:439893
    Wow they prob only just made up a new name and a lil bit info and you exepect so much when just started give em a break sl just came out not long ago the game prob wont even release in 6 months more like 12 months
    They teased this info so it will create hype and get the name out, this is nothing new for software companies. As they say, making games is what they love and the best job in the world, so why would you feel sorry for the amount of work they will need to do? I will definitely play this game as long as it is remotely what I anticipate and I will continue to play the other Legends games as well. With the release of the browser versions, I will play even more and will likely be able to get more friends and family to play. STS is doing extremely well in the worst economy in almost a century.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

STS should merge platinum for all the games.... That would be so much easier.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

yep
    Quote Originally Posted by Growwle View Post
    They teased this info so it will create hype and get the name out, this is nothing new for software companies. As they say, making games is what they love and the best job in the world, so why would you feel sorry for the amount of work they will need to do? I will definitely play this game as long as it is remotely what I anticipate and I will continue to play the other Legends games as well. With the release of the browser versions, I will play even more and will likely be able to get more friends and family to play. STS is doing extremely well in the worst economy in almost a century.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mcpastry View Post
    STS should merge platinum for all the games.... That would be so much easier.
    They tried and apple turned them down.... I doubt they will make that mistake again :-/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mohamedaden35 View Post
    I don't like pocket legends anymore it was better in 2009 but star legends is really cool some I'm looking forward to dark legends
    pocket legends came out in 2010 bro
    STS SUBREDDIT
    Reddit / Steam have claimed me and my soul. aka less Spacetime games