Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sword vs. Arrow vs. Magic. PVP Looting. Personality?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Thumbs up Sword vs. Arrow vs. Magic. PVP Looting. Personality?

I never played PL, I only just got a new superphone when Star Legends came out.

From DL I would like a more in-depth role game.. everyone in SL is exactly the same! with a few different spells being the only difference; Get as much armour as possible, a strong ranged weapon, shoot, shoot, shoot some more!!

Lets have some swords, magic and bows and arrows class specific this time, characters with real character .. personalities you know? I think people prefer that more.

Also looting for PVP. Lets make DL BADA$$.. a game for real players and leave SL and PL for the kiddies.

Who's with me??????

SL -> Lvl. 40 Engi. - TOFASTFORYOU
    DL -> Lvl. 18 Vamp. - Sillynoob
    -> HTC EVO 3D & Google Chrome BETA 20.0.1069.1 m

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gazroast For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

I'm with you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

The Tanks/Melee would of course have different melee weapons like short swords, normal swords, pikes, tritans, maces, katanas etc. some with sheilds some not.

different bows, cross bows, throwing knives, darts, slings?? etc for the rangers/archers.

Mages obviously just have crazy amounts of magic spells.

Maybe a monk class with bare hands? everyone likes a monk!

I would try to do this game with BIGGER player maps too, not this small 5 person stuff. this is STS' chance to make a dent in superphone MMO. Get in on the ground floor and make what people want!!

I look forward to Dark Legends but only if its not a clone of what you already have, you know what I mean?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I have been evangelizing the potential of DL since before this forum was made. There is so much that STS can do to make it great, but mostly our imaginations are going wild with speculation right now, since we only have the vaguest hints of what DL will be.
    Growwle - My guess is 1050

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Growwle View Post
    I have been evangelizing the potential of DL since before this forum was made. There is so much that STS can do to make it great, but mostly our imaginations are going wild with speculation right now, since we only have the vaguest hints of what DL will be.
    Probably will be let down then, its like reading a book and then seeing the movie.
    Book always wins!

I have my fingers crossed that they take there time, do it right - and try something they haven't done before!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I want to play as a werewolf and fight with my fangs and claws.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Two types dark and light vs each other dark have orks werewolves and that stuff whilst light have humans and elfs and others.
    IGNs
    AL: Dsll - Mage lvl 40 ~ Dslll - Rogue lvl 11
    SL: Olz - Engineer lvl 46 ~ Troopakoopa - Operator lvl 20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I am hoping that there are no orcs or elves in this game, that is for PL. I thing every player should be "dark," a vampire, werewolf, grave robber, monster-hunting zealot. Of course any of these character types would have plenty of reason to fight each other.

Also, fangs, claws, torches, flint-lock guns and maybe swords and daggers. Mad-scientist types, can use vials of acid, or control golems .
    Last edited by Growwle; 10-08-2011 at 06:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default ?hmm?

My third post lol. I think there should be.ranks within your legion. And the flintlock guns and all that sounds pretty good. O think on the dark side, should be a necromancer, and the necro coild summon zombies or sometheing. And on the light should be a paladin, and he could summon militia or something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wannaparty?:441866
    My third post lol. I think there should be.ranks within your legion. And the flintlock guns and all that sounds pretty good. O think on the dark side, should be a necromancer, and the necro coild summon zombies or sometheing. And on the light should be a paladin, and he could summon militia or something.
    A witch / monster hunter / inquisitor / religious zealot would have to take the place of the Paladin, if it is a Gothic setting. Also, a mad scientist would take the place of a necromancer, although a necromancers presence in that setting would be easier to explain than a paladin. Also, a necromancer would be the natural enemy of a sentient vampire or werewolf, since the necromancer would seek to dominate and control them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hmm

Yeah that makes sense, i'm thinking witch doctors, or instead of mad scientists, have a mad doctor who raises the dead, like ressurects zombies

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wannaparty? View Post
    i'm thinking witch doctors, or instead of mad scientists, have a mad doctor who raises the dead, like ressurects zombies
    That's the definition of a Necromancer, my friend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hmmm

Ha wow, i'm officially dumb as nails. Well then there should be a shapeshifting class. And maybe some of the maps could be like inside old cathedrals that are overun with the badies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wannaparty? View Post
    Ha wow, i'm officially dumb as nails. Well then there should be a shapeshifting class. And maybe some of the maps could be like inside old cathedrals that are overun with the badies.
    *cough* Diablo *cough*

Diablo was freakin AMAZING though, With all of the classes listed above pretty much: Necromancer, Paladin, Barbarian etc.

Same play style too as Diablo too: Limited groups per world doing runs/grinding. I used to play this for PVP too, was good fun.
    I would much prefer a MMORPG with huge servers that hundreds can play on instead of smaller groups, but I think this new game should include BOTH of these play styles. Diablo had how many millions playing with its smaller group size? R***scape has how many millions with its 2000 people per server maps...?

If the game covers what everyone wants, there no reason a hundred million smartphone users wont download it, play it and then start supporting with real cash..

I know how to make money and STS has the potential to make ALOT of it, if they play there cards right.

As I said before.. "I have my fingers crossed that they take there time, do it right - and try something they haven't done before!!"

Use what has worked so well for so many other companies and do it on the smartphone FIRST.. you know in 3 years every man and his dog is going to be making games for these platforms, you really have to get a good foot hold early on make what people want!!

I am very excited to see DL when it comes out, I would be happy to be a BETA tester too. Just please PLEASE don't make it another SL/PL clone!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Stealing items from the fallen in PVP that they worked hard for or possibly paid plat for? No. Never. Not that kind of game.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth Roast:442085

*cough* Diablo *cough*

Diablo was freakin AMAZING though, With all of the classes listed above pretty much: Necromancer, Paladin, Barbarian etc.

Same play style too as Diablo too: Limited groups per world doing runs/grinding. I used to play this for PVP too, was good fun.
    I would much prefer a MMORPG with huge servers that hundreds can play on instead of smaller groups, but I think this new game should include BOTH of these play styles. Diablo had how many millions playing with its smaller group size? R***scape has how many millions with its 2000 people per server maps...?

If the game covers what everyone wants, there no reason a hundred million smartphone users wont download it, play it and then start supporting with real cash..

I know how to make money and STS has the potential to make ALOT of it, if they play there cards right.

As I said before.. "I have my fingers crossed that they take there time, do it right - and try something they haven't done before!!"

Use what has worked so well for so many other companies and do it on the smartphone FIRST.. you know in 3 years every man and his dog is going to be making games for these platforms, you really have to get a good foot hold early on make what people want!!

I am very excited to see DL when it comes out, I would be happy to be a BETA tester too. Just please PLEASE don't make it another SL/PL clone!!

I don't know how to make more money than I spend, but at least STS does, lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hmm

If it's almost.like °cough°diablo°cough°, then there should be a few leves like the hidden cow levels. I myself have played diablo, world of warcraft, and the warcraft series before wow, and think there should be like some maps with rediculoius enemies just for the fun of it. I wouldn't mind killing countless cows or somethg on my phone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth Roast View Post
    I never played PL, I only just got a new superphone when Star Legends came out.

From DL I would like a more in-depth role game.. everyone in SL is exactly the same! with a few different spells being the only difference; Get as much armour as possible, a strong ranged weapon, shoot, shoot, shoot some more!!

Lets have some swords, magic and bows and arrows class specific this time, characters with real character .. personalities you know? I think people prefer that more.

Also looting for PVP. Lets make DL BADA$$.. a game for real players and leave SL and PL for the kiddies.

Who's with me??????
    hell yea!!! more pvp, no instances, open world, mounts, houses, pvp with loot!!! let's change it up a bit and let the real gamers play dark legends!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    Stealing items from the fallen in PVP that they worked hard for or possibly paid plat for? No. Never. Not that kind of game.
    LOL, If you pvp, you should be able to lose your stuff, that's fun pvp, and real gaming. and it would take ACTUALL SKILL to pvp, not just items... a game's pvp should not be because of platinum and items... i mean that should have something to do with it , but it should mostly come from learning how to play well and using those skills to KILL!!! and then you can loot items off the person you kill and if you die, your items can be looted as well!!!

As far as working hard or possibly plaid plat for??? you're working hard to kill that person and that person is fighting you so he is choosing the option to be able to loose his stuff. you can always put your GOOD items in your bank account or in storage. duh.

obviously, you don't pvp and you don't have to pvp. if you choose not to pvp, i doubt you'll lose any items. Some people enjoy pvping and taking risk in it!! i enjoy playing a video game and killing and even dying!! it's fun and it's just a game!! you're just losing pixels.
    Last edited by XvekeZ; 10-17-2011 at 03:34 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth Roast View Post

Who's with me??????
    Though I do agree with you... isnt SL only meant to be the B@DD@$$ game with over 100+ levels etc.. PL and DL will most probably on the same grounds.. SL has been "Dubbed" 'The Hardcore One' so guess we will have to see..

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o