Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sword vs. Arrow vs. Magic. PVP Looting. Personality?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I'm against the loss of items and gold in PvP as well. It only encourages the abuse of the PvP system. A small gold reward for a kill would be nice. However PvP games could not be done in lobbies if this is not to be abused.
    [ENG] Cyronius - 30 [OP] Cyronios - 25 [COM] Cyronias - 11
    Yes, I'm a ninja

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Necrobane View Post
    I'm against the loss of items and gold in PvP as well. It only encourages the abuse of the PvP system. A small gold reward for a kill would be nice. However PvP games could not be done in lobbies if this is not to be abused.
    Well you would have "PVP specific levels" etc., where people know they can be killed and lose items/gold. Not in the lobbies...
    I don't see how this could be abused if people know before entering.

It would be the opposite of abuse if people can be killed by guards etc when there name changes to black/red after 20 PKs or whatever.

I would pay more money to support a game that I can really get involved in PVP and PKing..

Like XvekeZ said earlier :LOL, If you pvp, you should be able to lose your stuff, that's fun pvp, and real gaming. and it would take ACTUALL SKILL to pvp, not just items... a game's pvp should not be because of platinum and items... i mean that should have something to do with it , but it should mostly come from learning how to play well and using those skills to KILL!!! and then you can loot items off the person you kill and if you die, your items can be looted as well!!!:

Skill is much better than bought items, but then you can have a skill that if you die you keep a few of your most expensive items.. so you can still have plat items to PVP with etc... IT JUST MAKES SENSE!!

SL -> Lvl. 40 Engi. - TOFASTFORYOU
    DL -> Lvl. 18 Vamp. - Sillynoob
    -> HTC EVO 3D & Google Chrome BETA 20.0.1069.1 m

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth Roast View Post
    Well you would have "PVP specific levels" etc., where people know they can be killed and lose items/gold. Not in the lobbies...
    I don't see how this could be abused if people know before entering.

It would be the opposite of abuse if people can be killed by guards etc when there name changes to black/red after 20 PKs or whatever.

I would pay more money to support a game that I can really get involved in PVP and PKing..

Like XvekeZ said earlier :LOL, If you pvp, you should be able to lose your stuff, that's fun pvp, and real gaming. and it would take ACTUALL SKILL to pvp, not just items... a game's pvp should not be because of platinum and items... i mean that should have something to do with it , but it should mostly come from learning how to play well and using those skills to KILL!!! and then you can loot items off the person you kill and if you die, your items can be looted as well!!!:

Skill is much better than bought items, but then you can have a skill that if you die you keep a few of your most expensive items.. so you can still have plat items to PVP with etc... IT JUST MAKES SENSE!!
    I say this because I am only too familiar in the notion of players teaming up on less fortunate others, dominating the battle field. The prospect of receiving items and gold for taking part in such actions only encourages the offenders. As far as I'm concerned anyway..
    [ENG] Cyronius - 30 [OP] Cyronios - 25 [COM] Cyronias - 11
    Yes, I'm a ninja

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Necrobane View Post
    I say this because I am only too familiar in the notion of players teaming up on less fortunate others, dominating the battle field. The prospect of receiving items and gold for taking part in such actions only encourages the offenders. As far as I'm concerned anyway..
    that is why the less fortunate players don't come to the pvp zones.... i personally think it is fun with loot and most people that pvp/pk don't pk the newbies. and like gereth said, there would be certain areas for people who wanted to go pvp. pks cannot kill in town, and they wouldn't be allowed to kill other players in the "newbie" lobbies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XvekeZ:450717
    Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    Stealing items from the fallen in PVP that they worked hard for or possibly paid plat for? No. Never. Not that kind of game.
    LOL, If you pvp, you should be able to lose your stuff, that's fun pvp, and real gaming. and it would take ACTUALL SKILL to pvp, not just items... a game's pvp should not be because of platinum and items... i mean that should have something to do with it , but it should mostly come from learning how to play well and using those skills to KILL!!! and then you can loot items off the person you kill and if you die, your items can be looted as well!!!

As far as working hard or possibly plaid plat for??? you're working hard to kill that person and that person is fighting you so he is choosing the option to be able to loose his stuff. you can always put your GOOD items in your bank account or in storage. duh.

obviously, you don't pvp and you don't have to pvp. if you choose not to pvp, i doubt you'll lose any items. Some people enjoy pvping and taking risk in it!! i enjoy playing a video game and killing and even dying!! it's fun and it's just a game!! you're just losing pixels.
    No, just no. You don't get it and never will. If I earned my items over long playing, I should not be allowed to lose it in 5 seconds. Would definitely make people stay away from PVP unless they have bajillions to replace their lost items. Except for people like Evolt, this is a bad idea.

And open PVP anywhere outside towns? Basically the game ceases to be casual, which is STS's focus.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 10-18-2011 at 10:47 AM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No, just no. You don't get it and never will. If I earned my items over long playing, I should not be allowed to lose it in 5 seconds. Would definitely make people stay away from PVP unless they have bajillions to replace their lost items. Except for people like Evolt, this is a bad idea.

And open PVP anywhere outside towns? Basically the game ceases to be casual, which is STS's focus.
    that's funny because hunrdreds and hurndreds of gamers disagree with you there buddy .... Real PvP = you lose items when you die.... All your concerened about is if you die, you'll lose your stuff. like i said there could be an option where you can turn it off where you can't loot any other players and they can't loot you. up to you .... most real pvpers will turn the loot option on though... sorry but your post makes no since :/ especially the part about saying it would make people stay away from pvp... hahahaha. everyone i have talked to on here say one of the reasons they don't really get into pvping is because there is no open loot. quit crying about your personal needs. i was trying to give an idea for the shard, not for just your character.... and like i said ... i'm sure if pocket legends implimented this, they would also have an option for people to "opt" out of it, the scared ones that should stick to pve, like you. haha and obviously you do not do much pvping on here or any other games cause if you notice all other games that have open loot are very successful and have a lot of pvpers!! i don't think anyone that pvpd would be complaining about this. or has played on another server that had open loot unless that player is not that good at pvp or doesn't pvp at all... but like i said ,,, just stay away from the pvp zones and you shouldn't have a problem!!! or bank your stuff!!!! i mean seriously. wow.
    Last edited by XvekeZ; 10-19-2011 at 05:24 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

and you are wrong. i do get it. in every online game i have played, there is always going to be some newb complaining about their items on the forums because they were stupid enough to walk into a pvp zone with their best armor and weps and lose them. you have to understand though, that with open loot, you don't go out to pvp with your BEST gear on. this makes it where it takes actual skil to pvp. trust me though, i have played enough mmorpgs to know that open loot is the way to go. it brings a much larger player base and when you pvp, you actually get something out of killing someone, not just a point.... thats just silly. if you don't want to lose your so precious items that are in a freakin' video game, then stay to pve and if you really want to pvp, learn HOW to pvp, and don't wear your best items out on the field, wears just okay stuff, and most everyone else will to. that is what open loot brings to the table. and you may say the pocket legends would lose money because of this. no. they would actually probably have more people buying stuff with plat because there would be more people wanting to play all the time. and wanting to buy better items for pve or to use in pvp to get better items from others. that is the way it should be. if you earn something in a video game, you should have a chance to lose it. why should you be able to own it forever??? then if you lose it, you will have to work for it again. it keeps the game going on and on. not just to where you work for something, you get it, and that's it... your good to go for the rest of that game. lol. no buddy. that is not how mmorpg's work. and don't tell me i don't get it cause i understand where you're coming from exactly, it's just where you're coming from is very selfish and makes no since except to you.... so please stop crying about it and if you wanna pvp without losing your stuff, like i said, don't wear your best stuff out on the battle field, or bank your stuff, or only wear it for pve, or learn how to play well and when you do lose it, work for it again.... i'd like to see you go on another games forum and tell them that it doesn't make since to have open loot cause you earned your items and you deserve never to lose them. they would laugh at you and call you a newb. and i'm sure if pocket legends implemented open loot, they would only allow potions and stuff to be looted. so quit crying. your pixels are safe, for now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

not to mention, this is for dark legends... there is already TWO games with closed loot so why not change it up a bit??? i'll go ahead and put money on it if they put open loot on this game, there would be twice the amount of people playing it over pocket legends. if you want to keep your loot, stay on pocket legends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

In my mind i see a vampire with a throwing dagger and a defense bracket
    A were wolf with twin claws
    Amd a necromancer with a death stick :P but thats just me
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silentarrow:440765
    I'm with you!
    SO AM I!!!!!!!
    PL Lillypink lvl 62,Mysterygurl lvl 54,Armerteddy lvl 28,Xlillypinkx lvl 19,Dodgethefudge lvl 35,Lillyrockstar lvl 23 SL Lillypink lvl 35,Devilgurl lvl 23,Cosmogurl lvl 13,Dodgethefudge lvl 10

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

*ignoring the R*******e player above*
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    In my mind i see a vampire with a throwing dagger and a defense bracket
    A were wolf with twin claws
    Amd a necromancer with a death stick :P but thats just me
    To me, I think vampires would have swords.. Of some sort. Or nothing but gauntlets, to better beat the crap out of people. I mean, they can't die (according to myths lol) except for being staked in the heart. Werewolves would also need to be a melee class. Though more damage focused. And then, to keep it even, why wouldn't the last class also be melee, with some ranged? Like a human. Vampire hunter, or something.
    Last edited by Zapoke; 10-19-2011 at 06:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

XvekeZ makes the point with the heart of the situation, great posts mate...

My thoughts:
    First open PVP with looting game on a hand held device?

You would create an EPIC player base for YEARS!!

"BUILD IT AND HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS WILL COME" Field of Dreaming PKers...

SL -> Lvl. 40 Engi. - TOFASTFORYOU
    DL -> Lvl. 18 Vamp. - Sillynoob
    -> HTC EVO 3D & Google Chrome BETA 20.0.1069.1 m