Thread: My Device is Bricked. Expensive Paperweight :(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Default My Device is Bricked. Expensive Paperweight :(

Hey ladies and... yeah ladies.

I got my phone frozen so I was attempting to do a factory reset restoration... My phone froze the first time trying to change something, so I went ahead with it. My phone was fine. I got it all normal again, the way it came out of the box.

And then... I tried to add in a custom ROM that was a bit shaky, but much promising tweaks, like faster 3G, faster WiFi reception, and overall speed. But that messed up my phone and I had to reset again.

Halfway through it, my battery died. So now it's a phone without an Android Operating system, and without an OS, nothing can command my battery to accept any life. Sucks. I just tried heading to the VZW store and they only have Droid 3's, which use a different battery now. I think I'm tired of the Droid series. I may get a Bionic or an Xperia Play... but for now, I need to fix my current device.

I got nowhere to charge it. The stores no longer carry my device so they can't put it into one of their phones and put some life into it. I swear, cellphone stores used to have battery charging stations. Where did those go?

If I could find someone who has a Droid1 or Droid2, I could ask them to put my battery into their phone and put some life into it, so I can continue with the restoration process. But that chance is one in a million. Or how ever many there are in the population of my city.

What I'm going to do when I get home is, cut one of my chargers up, get the negative and positive wires, and try to charge my battery up in a ghetto fashion. Hopefully it'll work. Since I don't have a PC, I'll have to head back to a friend's house and continue the restoration. I don't even know if my phone is permanently bricked. Whenever I try to turn it on, something like this shows up...

Name:  27568d1297717662-help-please-droid-2-global-bricked-i-think-phpcvqgcbpm.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  21.8 KB
    All the same except instead of saying battery OK, it says Battery low, cannot program.

Vampire the Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Have you looked on ebay?