Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whatever happened to teamwork?!?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I see good teams all of the time. I also see random craziness where people just run all over the place. I don't think it's a "sign of the times" thing though. When people are doing xp runs they tend to move quickly and rmk over and over. I can't very well just pop into their game and expect it to be different. I tend to have a set of people that make up a great team, we sort of know how we work together. I've also met some people on accident that i enjoy playing with now.

I'm not down on elixir use. People use it for different reasons at different times. I tend to lvl without elixirs because I don't want to be embarrassed with bad technique when playing with others -- I want the skills. I have used elixirs when I'm on the last few quests of a campaign, by myself and bored with having to collect 4,200,000,000 yeti pelts or totems.

For the record, when I drop back and run a map with some lvl 20s or lower just to kill time, newer players see what running with a team is all about and they tend to want that experience again.

I don't want to fall into being a PL curmudgeon, longing for "the good old days" and lamenting the time when I was a kid.

(Oh and I tend to chat a lot during play as well)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaddy View Post
    Hi,
    I've been away from the game for a while, and restarted when I heard about the new lvl cap and content.

Unfortunately I've noticed that many, heck... MOST of the Nuri games I've been in during the past few days show a HUGE lack of teamwork between players!

I see parties with 2 or 3 mages with no one healing, bears hanging around in back, players wandering off on their own, or ignoring fallen teammates. Above all else, I see a bunch of people rushing rushing RUSHING forward, regardless of safety or teammates, like there is a prize for fastest time thru a lvl. Of course, mostly those ppl die quickly. Sigh.

Am I missing something? Has the style of play just changed, or is it my fault for having taken time off and am no longer competitive?

Insights welcome, and invites to good solid teams as well, LOL!
    Silly birdy.
    Nothing happened to teamwork.
    4x Combo Elixirs happened.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pastrychef View Post
    All the kills were probably taken by those who were on elixirs.
    He's a bear. Less than 35k is to be expected, even from really good bears like Necro.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Yup, no such thing as an elixir gen, but it does still affect teamwork even in the most cohesive team.

The biggest elixir enemy for a bear is the speed elixir, IMO. Four players on bolt speed is just forcing the bear to lag behind almost the entire way. Speaking from experience.

Put together elixirs + teamwork and you'll have a host with really strained fingers from remaking all the time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    He's a bear. Less than 35k is to be expected, even from really good bears like Necro.
    Yes, bears get less kills than any other class, but with potted up players, it's entirely possible to run and not get a single kill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Note: When Necro and I get together in a party, we talk a lot.
    Oh yes they do.
    Check out my YouTube Channel if you got the time:SamKimTV

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    Just because some people use elixirs (for various reasons such as faster farming runs), does not mean they are not good players without one. I have been lucky to be in some of the most ridiculously team-oriented parties I have ever been in, that coincidentally with all using elixirs for quicker farming. I have also been in some total non-elixir runs where I was shocked by how well people stuck together. All depends on the players in question and the situation. To call it elixir-gen is ignorant, sorry.
    Call me ignorant if you will but would'nt you agree that elixirs allow "poor players" to reach a high level much quicker and that their lack of skills at this higher more difficult level is magnified. Anyways that is what I have observed and I only run PUGS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suntv View Post
    Well it's all about the elixer-infected-players. There have been more post about it, like this one. It seems private games are the only solution, unless you want to boot all elixer-infected-players. Be sure to see the difference between a 5 min daily and 30min+. Ever since elixers are payable by gold and not just platinum this has been going on.

But you can use this rule, elixer-infected or not: if a lv 61 player has less then 35.000 kills, they are no good. Certified.
    Kills have been rendered meaningless when they abolished low level kill frming without resetting the total kills on characters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

The only time ive seen a lack in team work was when i was farming in swamps, joined the first level and there were already 3 players there, two birds and a mage, all separated going there own way(there lvl appropriote for game) And as predidcted then all died. (myself a mage) told them to stick together as 'you'll servive that little bit longer' they were great after that (although needed a few rerminders). I think some players just forget that bear, bird and mage all need each other in one way or another =]