Thread: Twinks - excuse my lack of knowledge

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Question Twinks - excuse my lack of knowledge

What is a twink character, and why does everyone have them? I have no idea what twinks are and what they do...information appreciated
    Zakalwe, level 40 Scorn Engineer, Officer in Dark Legion
    Zakalwe, level 25 Vampire, member of Dark Legion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

A character with XP disabled at a low level, either for PvP purposes or for farming scaled items. There used to be ones to farm kills, but those have mainly disappeared since you no longer gain kills with XP disabled.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Otukura For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otukura View Post
    A character with XP disabled at a low level, either for PvP purposes or for farming scaled items. There used to be ones to farm kills, but those have mainly disappeared since you no longer gain kills with XP disabled.
    Thank you. What is the point in farming at a low level though? I don't get it.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheChairmaker View Post
    For specific scaled items to enhance the power of a lower leveled toon in pvp. For instance, players farm for level 21 pink sets and use those sets in pvp since they are the best gear for that level; others farm for level 51 sewer pinks and finally level 56&58 Nuri sets. Basically locking a toon's xp at certain levels and only running with a team of that level will net drops that level, if they're rare items then they could be some of the best loot available for that toon and make them fierce in pvp

Edit: Lol, I posted almost the exact same answer as Otu in the other thread, I deleted it after I read you created two.
    Last edited by Gluttony; 10-09-2011 at 12:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Thanks I hadn't a clue what one was for. So, they're basically farmers for items they can use in PvP?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheChairmaker View Post
    Some items are scaled, so for example, if you have level 35 or higher characters farming swamps, the pinks will be level 35. If your character's level is 30 and all the characters in the group are that level or lower, then the drops will be level 30. Those are worth more. In Star Legends, all items are like that, but I haven't noticed certain ones selling at a higher price(from when I last played), so it's no as abundant. When PvP is introduced, you might see quite a few.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Oh, now I get it. Thank you all very much appreciated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

I LOL to myself every time I see someone use the word twink. If you want to know why, look it up on Urban Dictionary.

Yes, I'm immature.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    I LOL to myself every time I see someone use the word twink. If you want to know why, look it up on Urban Dictionary.

Yes, I'm immature.
    Eheheh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

My brother gave me his twinks he was making for SL when he stopped playing ( if this is illegal please tell me ) but I don't see a purpose for them in SL really. Don't the lower levels have a very limited armor and weapon selection? Like wont anyone with the platinum sets dominate at lvl 20 and down? It basically comes down to luck and skill selection.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua View Post
    My brother gave me his twinks he was making for SL when he stopped playing ( if this is illegal please tell me ) but I don't see a purpose for them in SL really. Don't the lower levels have a very limited armor and weapon selection? Like wont anyone with the platinum sets dominate at lvl 20 and down? It basically comes down to luck and skill selection.
    Not illegal.. just against ToS to share accounts, though if your brother has given up his account and not using it then I personally dont see any harm.. maybe best to email sts support(at)spacetimestudios.com (at)=@ for confirmation if you like.

This is mostly put in place so that scammers are put at bay and sts can not protect us if that acct got cleared etc. (Reason the message pops up when u go into any instance. Do not give email address and password to anyone)

As for the items if you think about it.. level 20 is the main level for say, Gallowtech, Iridium, etc but these can also be found for lower levels reaching from 15-20 if a toon has this in PvP then they would more than likely pwn someone with a white or yellow set at lvl 16 say. Same goes for lvl 30 green gear, there are items for most armour at 26-30. Though like you said someone with a premium account with all Plat is more than likely to have the best armour available from lvl 1-15, but still finding weapons at that level would require you to farm or buy from auction you see these going for so cheap and iv nabbed as many as I can possible as when PvP is released these will shoot up a silly amount of credit.. as explained above most players are not aware of this and selling them as normal, e.g. a level 30 plate going for more than a level 26 plate.. this is one thing I have picked up on and i do charge quite a high amount for these.. if a player recognizes why then I get a sale.
    Last edited by BodMaster; 10-09-2011 at 09:05 AM.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

My brother gave me his twinks he was making for SL when he stopped playing (if this is illegal please tell me
    I don't think it's illegal...and yeah, I guess they are rather useless in SL at the minute.