Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glyphic blade steel frustration

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Default Glyphic blade steel frustration

Ugh! This has been the hardest material to drop...and find of the crafting materials...no wonder it is expensive at the CS. I've farmed all day on a few occasions (not extreme sessions) but maybe get one. On average, maybe find one every other day. On my best day, I got 3...2 within 30 mins & later 1 in the evening when I was ready to quit. Lol.
    I get mad sometimes when you host a map & someone who joins you gets red hot...the same person getting a steel & a prize pink. I feel like booting but I won't cause I know it says everyone has their own chances...just gets frustrating at times! I mean it's good that it's so hard to find materials cause crafted sets are more rare & valuable. This has been harder than grinding to lv 56 or 61...oh well, I'm gonna keep grinding...taking me forever to craft a demonic set.
    Post your experiences or frustrations...I'd like to hear em. Hahaa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

LOL after like 2 runs i got one and sold it for 300k
    EDIT: I REMEMBER U! I DID A FEW RUNS WITH U!
    Last edited by Cytokinesis; 10-09-2011 at 06:07 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Yeah I remember you too! I was looking at your interesting name & then you dropped a steel!! I was like...not again! that was lucky...grats

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Hang in there. I am in the middle of a horrifying decent pink-less (and steel-less) streak myself...last time this happened, after about three weeks I got three good ones in one day.

I'll jump in and run with you if I see your games...something has got to give sooner or later!
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Thanx Moogerfooger....I know what you mean. You can be in a drought for a long time & getting pissed but it can suddenly rain on you too. I've seen your demonic set on you...pretty damn sweet. I got keep going lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I didnt know actually blade steel worth so much lol, I sold someone in the group for 100k after it dropped on me then saw him selling for 300k at balefort lol! funny
    Brotherhood Rocks!

Palyna Level 66 full int mage
    Palyne Level 30 Bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I hate Glyphic blade steel!!! Horrible day of farming...4 hrs & only found 2 para aramid leathers...also a cheap Nuri glyph cloth! The Zookeeper never drops anything I swear, ppl tell me he does.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Be glad you are getting them to drop.. I see a steel blade once in a blue moon just like helms... Farmed 70k exp... Saw three helms in 13 hours, 1 blade of steel... Be glad ya see em as you do!
    IF YOU BELIEVE YOU WILL ACHIEVE.....
    Just lady..tigerizstar..mivida..ladyhadazza..ladyhadasa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Make sure to check out Evaruss's awesome Demonic Set Recipes and Materials Guide for using the Custom Hand Grip as a semi-replacement for Glyphic Steel. For me its reduces my need of steel by 8 pieces for the wand/bracer set.

Also, I noticed that last week steel was selling for 350K and as of last night it was down to 310K. Hopefully the "trend is your friend" and we continue to see falling prices as more and more players farm Nuri's.

Since you asked for experiences, overall my luck with good drops is bad, bad very bad, however, I do cheer everytime I see a piece of crafting material drop as either thats going to be sold which increases supply and drives down prices or is going to be used by the player which reduces his/her demand for that item and in turn drives down prices. Either way, given time, prices should continue to fall!

BTW, on the frustration side, I completely expect that the day I finish acquiring all the necessary materials to go Demonic, the Devs will then begin "Daily Craft Quests" at Nuri's. The loud sound you will hear will be my iPod being thrown through my window!

Good luck and I hope to see you at the Circus!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelstrick For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kelstrick View Post
    BTW, on the frustration side, I completely expect that the day I finish acquiring all the necessary materials to go Demonic, the Devs will then begin "Daily Craft Quests" at Nuri's. The loud sound you will hear will be my iPod being thrown through my window!

Good luck and I hope to see you at the Circus!
    Sorry but this made me LOL!
    But i know wot you mean about steel. I need 10 pieces and then ill have 2demonics... But getting them (other than buying) is like a never ending tunnel!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I guess it's their intention to make the items more rare so that fewer people have Demonic gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slaveleia:442112
    Ugh! This has
    been the hardest material to drop...and find of the crafting materials...no wonder it is expensive at the CS. I've farmed all day on a few occasions (not extreme sessions) but maybe get one. On average, maybe find one every other day. On my best day, I got 3...2 within 30 mins & later 1 in the evening when I was ready to quit. Lol.
    I get mad sometimes when you host a map & someone who joins you gets red hot...the same person getting a steel & a prize pink. I feel like booting but I won't cause I know it says everyone has their own chances...just gets frustrating at times! I mean it's good that it's so hard to find materials cause crafted sets are more rare & valuable. This has been harder than grinding to lv 56 or 61...oh well, I'm gonna keep grinding...taking me forever to craft a demonic set.
    Post your experiences or frustrations...I'd like to hear em. Hahaa
    I did about 15-20 runs with you this morning and no steel. I hope steel drops for both of us. This is getting really annoying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

I have been farming for steel for what seems like forever! Only got enough for robe. I'm also using big luck (no luck should be the real name) and elixers for better luck, and the guys running with me seem to be getting all my luck.

But I'm going to continue farming... For now. I did get 3 once, all three from mini boss in symphony btw.

If you know who the character is, this is his final Form!

Love it thanks MothWing!
    PL: Saool L76 Mage [Proud Officer of A.R.G.] Siejo's Secretary
    DL: Saool [Eternally Undead Officer of C.V.G.]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Thanx for the responses. I'm glad I'm not the only one pissed sometimes...it's always the guy next to you getting the steel I swear! This one bear got so lucky with me this morning at Nuris madness! Unbelievable....he got a Glyph staff of charmin for one drop..his second drop was Glyphic blade steel!?! Ugh!! :-/ he apologized/thked me so that was nice. Then the next run he got another para aramid something...,I ran away from him after that!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I'm thinking I'm gonna have to buy everything at the store since nothings dropping for me. Of course, accumulating gold isn't easy either! I didn't know you was struggling too Lady Hadassa. You feel better when you know you're not the only one. It's also because it's not just a couple to find, everybody needs like 20 or more steels! I saw Hunzzz listing one Glyphic steel for $270k? Man I wanted it but I was short on gold & some lucky buyer snatched it up. :-/. The prices went back up tho.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

@Kelstrick
    I was wondering about that custom hand grip replacing steel?! I am still not understanding how that works. If you have those custom hand grips, how are they substituted? Is there a difference between sets when made that way? I would be looking to try that if it reduces my need for steel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slaveleia View Post
    @Kelstrick
    I was wondering about that custom hand grip replacing steel?! I am still not understanding how that works. If you have those custom hand grips, how are they substituted? Is there a difference between sets when made that way? I would be looking to try that if it reduces my need for steel.
    Basically you can get the hand grip from dai,ys in sewers saving you from using glyphic steel to make it =]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

@slaveleia, here is an example of the custom grip as a substitute, note the 4 steel difference on the staff set. (Sorry I'm a mage so this is what I follow...) I really recommend you check out Evaruss' guide for more details, but it appears the custom hand grip from the old Dr. Noxious daily quest in the Sewers works:

Demonic Glyph Staff Set
    Total Required (If crafting "custom hand grip" from scratch): 30x Para Aramid Cloth Scrap, 19x Glyphic Blade Steel, 13x Glyphic Weapon Wood
    Or
    Total Required (If "custom hand grip" available): 30x Para Aramid Cloth Scrap, 15x Glyphic Blade Steel, 9x Glyphic Weapon Wood, 2x Custom Hand Grip

BTW, I think I just got your name, very cool!

EDIT: You are a ninja Treenire!
    EDIT 2: One last thought, note the reduction in the need for Wood as well as Steel. Every little bit helps! Good luck and see you at the Circus soon!
    Last edited by Kelstrick; 10-11-2011 at 01:49 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelstrick For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Thanks for getting back to me Kelstrick...I think I get the main idea of it but does the Nuris personal forger ask u for the hand grip instead of the Glyphic steel in the crafting menu? That's where I'm a little confused. I don't remember seeing that...only where u craft custom handgrip in components. If it works it'll be great cause I got a bunch of handgrips leftover from the sewers.
    I saw Evaruss's thread, it is awesome...I refer to it all the time. Lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Ooooh I was angry this morning with the drops! Saw 2 G steels drop to a bird & bear. I wasn't mad about the 2 but I didn't get anything. I am getting the odd thing to sell once & a while to make some gold. Now I feel a lil better that I saved up 300,000 gold & bought a steel. I only needed 1 steel I've been looking for 2-3 days to complete my second demonic item. I'm really happier that I have the cloth & hoody finished. Hopefully my luck changes lmao. I still get jealous when I see players running around with their full sets.