Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glyphic blade steel frustration

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

On my second run in nuri i got a steel on my fourth day i got a pink recipe amd my fifth day i got another steel and on my 7 day i got para
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Last night I just logged in to play one run, and someone got a pink. So, i thought, just one more run, and someone else got a pink. I did 4 Nuri runs with different groups and someone got a pink in every run. I figured, this should be easy, it should be my turn soon. I played until 2:30 am and never saw another pink. Well, i was really tired at work and was falling asleep in a meeting. I stayed up late looking for drops, and never got anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

PhoenixKing sounds like you're having pretty good luck as long as it keeps coming steadily. Gives you hope.
    I know how it is Csb....seems like it wouldn't be that hard but surprising how frustrating it can be! Thanx for telling your experience, nice to hear. It's easy to want to keep trying for hrs to get a pink lmao. Sometimes you get mad where you wanna punch or throw your phone I swear! I got to give credit to some hardcore farmers who go nonstop...you see them selling their stuff at the store.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I know what you were explaining about the custom hand grips now...I saw them listed when you create the basic wands, staff, or bracer...it takes the place of the steel. Well that helps some anyway. Thx for the guidance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

@slaveleia, slightly off topic, but since you mentioned being jealous of full sets, I've got a funny story for you. So I end up running with 2 bears & 2 birds last night all decked out in their Demonic gear and then there is little old me in my poor man's load out. Anyhow, we're killing mobs and breaking things and I couldn't tell who was who on bears/birds (hey which one of these is my friend and which one joined randomly?) but I stood out on screen nice and easy to find and follow along. Hey, sometimes being different is a good thing!

BTW, it didn't last long, but I did see a steel for sale at 295,000 last night. As someone with a degree in finance seeing the "3 handle" broken gives me alot of hope for cheaper prices in the future. Hang in there and keep farming!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Thanks for telling. It's true to be different makes you stand out instead of following the masses. I think the poor-mans sets are pretty cool, I would use them too. The stats are so close to the rare stuff. I like how you explained that here & other threads.
    Ugh...had another bad day of farming! Saw FOUR glyphic steel drop on different maps, of course I didn't get any of them. :-/ must have remade Nuris Madness for 2 hrs. Thanx Nuri don't worry I don't need any steel. Lm@o. Or all I need is a nice pink drop & I could buy the steel at the CS. The prices have really dropped, I've seen a bunch of steel under 250k...almost 200! Wow. I'm thinking I'm gonna have to buy everything cause nothings falling for me. End rant

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Hey Slaveleia, I'll be playing my mage Brutalityz for a bit...if I see yr games I may pop in. I'm not so hot at mage, but not totally useless. Can maybe get some drops between us!
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Slaveleia, good news I was able to create two Basic Glyph Staffs using the two Custom Hand Grips that I had farmed over the past couple of days on the old Dr. Noxious quest. Didn't have to do anything special at the forge, the recipe automatically came up 4 pieces of Glyphic Wood checked and 1 piece of Custom Hand Grip checked. Clicked buy/combine and presto 1 Basic Glyph Staff each, SWEET! Anyhow looks like our participation/doing our homework in the the forums will pay off in a reduction of the amount of Glyphic Wood and Glyphic Blade Steel required to go Demonic.

Don't be discouraged by not catching any steel. Remember every piece that drops is another piece that either someone is going to use or put up for sale. Either way, thats going to drive down prices. As an aside, so far my strategy has been to sell what few steel drops I've caught in hopes of buying back later at reduced prices. Its a gamble, but as a casual player I have to take some chances...

Thanks for the feedback that the prices are still falling. Should be an interesting weekend when the population of farmers grows with an increase of players. Hopefully we all get lucky and prices collapse!

Anyhow, I'm at Level 60 with 60K of xp on my elixir free grind to 61. My goal is to go Charmin' this weekend as reward for grinding over half way in the poor man's load out and make the final push to 61 over the next 3 or 4 weeks. Once I get to 61, I'll craft my Charmin' gear into Demonic. (I personally look at Demonic as "Level 61" gear in order to have a goal to drive for and to keep my desire to upgrade in check...)

Finally, I saw you hosting some runs last night but couldn't join b/c you were full. Hopefully we can kill some mobs, minis and bosses together in the future!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Hey Moogerfooger was nice to see out there. Too bad I didn't get a bunch of dumb luck all the sudden, would've been cool. Hahaa. Thanx for your support, it helps. All you can do is keep going & not give up until it pays off.
    I got a few things lately:
    2 Nuris Glyph staff
    Nuris glyph cloth
    Imhotep eye of Charmin'
    Glyph wing of Mimicry
    Glyph battle sword of the Bigtop

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Hello Kelstrick
    I think you're really gonna like the Charmin' set when you can get it together. I remember when it first came out everbody wanted it so bad, only a few players had it. It was mismatched with the pink cloth & purple hoody. Now it's the same for the demonic set but it's been such a struggle to try to acquire it. :-/
    I had to smile when I saw your name as you bought one of my custom hand grips at the CS, that was funny! I decided to start selling those since I had a bunch leftover & maybe there's some demand for it since steel is so hard to get.
    Yeah I hope to run into you ingame & maybe we could have some luck in finding some steel.
    I still have to say I HATE Glyphic blade steel!!!!! Ugh frustrating ;-/
    You're right tho, the more found the prices are falling. It was hovering around $200,000 today. I bought one for $215,000, now I'm broke again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Slaveleia, got the Charmin' Staff set last night (finally broke down and bought the Hood) and really liking it alot. Will pick up the Wand/Bracer this weekend. BTW, I caught a lucky streak last night and in addition to some scraps, I got a steel. Since I already had Wood (so to speak) I figured I might as well craft a Basic Glyph Bracer. So imagine my surprise when I saw your name on the first page of Custom Hand Grips. Needless to say I made sure to purchase yours! Anyhow, just need a few pieces of cloth left and then I'll start buying up steel.

I hope your Custom Hand Grip sales pay off! Really good play on your part as I liquidated all my Sewer crafts in hopes that the junk pinks I caught early in Nuri's would grow in value when the Devs nerfed the drop rate. (Seemed like a good strategy but didn't play out like I hoped) Can't wait to see you in Demonic gear soon!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

It's a miracle! I dropped a G steel at my favorite map Nuris Madness. Probably the only map that rewards me sometimes. I like it because it's a quicker map but you don't get any kills or gold.
    I agree with you breaking down & buying the hood cause Panto the Mime almost never drops anything pink! That's why helms/hoods prices have been way up there. The symphony map is really hard too. I don't see Gustav dropping much in the house of pain either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Sweet, glad you have gotten a few things! I have gotten a couple of things as well, although I have not been playing too much the last few days.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Hey Mooger. It's always nice when you get at least a few items to drop. I think it's good to stop & take a break once in a while, then you comeback more eager to go after it again. It's debatable wether to keep farming/grinding hard when the drop rate is so low! I still can't stop cause I want to make my set. :-/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Oh man I must have made or ran Nuris Madness map like 50-60 times with nothing but green trash! Some other Mage told me they had done it 25 times to with nothing. I was using reverse-psychology & yelled out no pinks! Can you believe it? I finally got a good drop...1 Glyphic blade steel (I still hate steel!!?!) and a pink recipe demonic staff. It feels so good when you get 2 things at once! Finally! Still poor tho, no bigtime drops to get me rich. At least made a little progress.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slaveleia View Post
    I'm thinking I'm gonna have to buy everything at the store since nothings dropping for me. Of course, accumulating gold isn't easy either! I didn't know you was struggling too Lady Hadassa. You feel better when you know you're not the only one. It's also because it's not just a couple to find, everybody needs like 20 or more steels! I saw Hunzzz listing one Glyphic steel for $270k? Man I wanted it but I was short on gold & some lucky buyer snatched it up. :-/. The prices went back up tho.
    Lol yep all i have is from farming still farming blades after 3 wks i got one today crazy! Lol lol and i am a farmer its the roll of the dice all in all think how long it can take to farm a full glyph set alone ! I have managed to lvl account number two to 61 still... BLADE short :0
    IF YOU BELIEVE YOU WILL ACHIEVE.....
    Just lady..tigerizstar..mivida..ladyhadazza..ladyhadasa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Hang in there, the prices have been going down steadily. I bought all mine for about 220k "ish", and I'm sure that the price will fall more, but I was ok with that price.
    Duped - Lvl 65 Mage
    Conanursan - Lvl 65 Bear
    Isniped - Lvl 65 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Hey Lady Hadassa. Yeah I saw you yesterday at Nuris Madness. I was curious how far you were on your crafted demonic set. Oh man you are closer than I am, you must farm more than me! I get frustrated pretty easily. :-/ looks like you're just missing your bracer? Are you only 1 blade away from completion? Can't wait to be that close! I'm 1 blade away from making my third piece of the set. This has been a struggle for me, the Glyph set came together easier cause I got lucky on 2 xbows of Obedience basically bought my glyph set. Good luck out there...I need to get back farming asap

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i hope it drops steel makes me bored ugh!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Yeah it's hard Lightangelz, I swear it's frustrating! Keep going & don't give up, hang in there. I went like a week without dropping one, daaam. Just keep saving gold & you can buy em at around 200,000 plus at the store while waiting for them to drop.
    The other day, I was in my second map & I got one luckily. I was shocked lmao. Then yesterday I got 2 for the day which hasn't happened in a long time.