Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Get xp from pvp kills

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

This would be the equivalent of giving players XP x5 elixirs in pvp. Instead of people grinding in Nuris they'd be rushing to grind in pvp arena with all their buddies lined up for the gauntlet. I'm with Otukura on this, people already try to cheat the system with the k/d on the "leader" boards now imagine that on a much larger scale.. Not a bad idea but this would cause a whole new generation of inadequate fur/feather brains that wouldn't know anything other then rushing ahead to be slaughtered like mindless sheep.

Edit- Also let's not forget how this would add more fuel to pvp griefing. "Hey are we ffa, 1v1, or XP?" *splat* "BUT YOU SAID XP!! STUPID RUSHER, I'M REPORTING YOU"
    Last edited by Orcish; 10-11-2011 at 01:36 AM.
    Grimtigrex - "I like people who take time out of there life to help other people. Thank you!"

The Netherlands, posted 8 hours later than forum time.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Developers, what do you think?
    SebastiaaNL 67 mage, IlikePvP 66 bird, DutchTwinkk 56 bear, NoobzGtfo 44 bird, BoomFear 35 mage, moneymakerrr 11 merchant
    Proud member of Influence!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Orcish View Post
    This would be the equivalent of giving players XP x5 elixirs in pvp. Instead of people grinding in Nuris they'd be rushing to grind in pvp arena with all their buddies lined up for the gauntlet. I'm with Otukura on this, people already try to cheat the system with the k/d on the "leader" boards now imagine that on a much larger scale.. Not a bad idea but this would cause a whole new generation of inadequate fur/feather brains that wouldn't know anything other then rushing ahead to be slaughtered like mindless sheep.

Edit- Also let's not forget how this would add more fuel to pvp griefing. "Hey are we ffa, 1v1, or XP?" *splat* "BUT YOU SAID XP!! STUPID RUSHER, I'M REPORTING YOU"
    Disagree with this one.

It's much easier to get 5 kills in PvE then 1 kill in PvP.

It would have to be at least 10 kills in PvP for it to be worth it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    Disagree with this one.

It's much easier to get 5 kills in PvE then 1 kill in PvP.

It would have to be at least 10 kills in PvP for it to be worth it.
    Ok take a look at the Tiny Tombs arena, it's a very small map. On one side you would use a pure dex bird. On the other team you have all your friends unequip themselves and run in a chain to be killed by the bird. That's pretty much one shot kill with every person, as fast as as your killing folks they're respawning, gaining 5xp per kill. That's a much faster way of grinding then it would be in Nuris. Your gaining 5 XP vs the 4 XP per kill in Nuris in this way, without using elixirs at a constant rate vs traveling all over a map to kill mobs. Also your not being killed, revived, or wasting your time with all the micro actions you would be doing in a normal run. When I get a chance, I'll do some testing on how many kills I could get within a minute and compare it to Nuri runs.
    Grimtigrex - "I like people who take time out of there life to help other people. Thank you!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Orcish View Post
    Ok take a look at the Tiny Tombs arena, it's a very small map. On one side you would use a pure dex bird. On the other team you have all your friends unequip themselves and run in a chain to be killed by the bird. That's pretty much one shot kill with every person, as fast as as your killing folks they're respawning, gaining 5xp per kill. That's a much faster way of grinding then it would be in Nuris. Your gaining 5 XP vs the 4 XP per kill in Nuris in this way, without using elixirs at a constant rate vs traveling all over a map to kill mobs. Also your not being killed, revived, or wasting your time with all the micro actions you would be doing in a normal run. When I get a chance, I'll do some testing on how many kills I could get within a minute and compare it to Nuri runs.
    And now let's say that every time they die, they lose 10 exp. Now the guy who is killing gets 5 exp for the cost of 10. I think it would be a good system, the exp balance in the world would be kept.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeosar View Post
    And now let's say that every time they die, they lose 10 exp. Now the guy who is killing gets 5 exp for the cost of 10. I think it would be a good system, the exp balance in the world would be kept.
    At least that would be a control measure but this would sway a lot of folks away from pvping in general. You would see a lot more people heated over losing in pvp. Perhaps adding an XP award after a full match is completed would be enough to keep players from grinding in pvp? I would love to have XP gained in pvp but there's so many complications that could cause an imbalance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otukura View Post
    I know what you mean, and I'm saying I whole heartedly disagree with it. I'd rather have it that you get 1/5th of an XP point per kill than 5. 5 just seems like way too much overkill.
    Yeah, 5 per kill could lead to abuse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

How about a new pvp game mode where you get alot of exp for kills and lose even more for dieing? This game mode would be only for hardcore players and would give alot of prestige.