Thread: My random thoughts on the whole Chrome Jetpack experience...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Default My random thoughts on the whole Chrome Jetpack experience...

I just completed my Black jetpack, after acquiring the yellow, red, and green jetpacks. Here are my observations...

EVENT

* Thank you STS for this event. The kill quests were a welcome change from the ordinary.

* Thank you for announcing that the droids were in-game. I was able to get my green jetpack this way. Since this is the hardest of the 3 to obtain, getting this saved me hours of work.

QUESTS

* I was very disappointed that the quests only yielded 1 EXP. If I kill 1000 enemies for a quest, shouldn't I get more than 1 EXP?

* The quests weren't worded to let us know that we could kill things other than pirates, CyCorp, or Vular Zombies. Also, the rules were applied inconsistently. A vular in CyCorp counted as a CyCorp employee, but a vular in Delta 7 did not count.

ITEMS

* I will be hesitant in the future on jumping on the impulse buying bandwagon. I wish I would have interpreted the silver jetpack description correctly and understood that the speed only lasts a week. I also wish that I had known that the Black Chrome Jetpack gave the same speed boost. I would still have bought the silver jetpack, but I would have done so as a more informed buyer. The speed increase DID help grinding.

* The silver jetpack and silver antennae look excellent. They actually look better than the Black Chrome Jetpack. When I'm wearing the Black Chrome, I keep thinking I'm wearing a piano. (The texture around exhaust nozzles look like piano keys.)

* I love the poot-poot-poot rings that the jetpacks trail behind. That was a nice touch.

TECHNICAL GRINDING

* I learned that a lv25 Engineer can clear house faster than a lv28 Operative. Don't deny the power of Transference!

* Transference and Pain seem to have a maximum target limit. When I'd gather a large crowd, I would sometimes miss killing a few.

* Running solo and recycling Red Sun Pirate maps seemed to give me kills faster.

* Running in a group seemed to give me CyCorp kills faster.

* Using speed boosters can make killing harder. I was often finding that I would unknowingly outpace my current target. I'd be on the other side of the room, trying to kill something else point-blank range, and yet my targeting line would be pointing backwards. This was a little annoying on a phone screen because it's not always easy to click on a nearby enemy to target it.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IBNobody For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IBNobody View Post

* I love the poot-poot-poot rings that the jetpacks trail behind. That was a nice touch.
    ABSOLUTELY!

Also, all text is good. Thank u for intetesting observations
    click my sig to join

Got a SCAMMER to REPORT? DO it HERE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Very perceptive +1
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=49319&dateline=131232  4660
    Cappinkiosk <Pay It Forward>
    -Dead Shot Mafia- Guild Master

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Will the 3 quest for the jetpacks be removed after this event and can I still get the jetpacks if it isn't?
    LEVEL 61 BIRD / LEVEL 35 COMMANDO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

I am sure that Droids will be removed - this is as they say in disclaimer

And yes, sure you can get colored Jets - they are sold in the market freely

Note that Crome Jet can not be bought or sold or given to any other player (except for your second character if you have it)
    click my sig to join

Got a SCAMMER to REPORT? DO it HERE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Great buddy! Pretty much felt same way re. the whole post.

Quote Originally Posted by Aperfecte View Post
    Will the 3 quest for the jetpacks be removed after this event and can I still get the jetpacks if it isn't?
    Unsure still waiting on clarification on this one.. the quest actually show in your quest counter so my guess is that they will keep runnin if you have them.. the jet packs on the other hand is quite doubtful as the Droids will be removed, nowhere to cash them in.

If the quests disappear I would hate to keep looking at that 53/56 counter though so im gonna make sure I complete this within this week

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

I never saw any droids in-game, but it only took a couple hours to get all four. Less time than I thought. The green one especially went faster than I expected. The best map for this one is Dead Man Cave. Red actually seemed like it took the longest because all the pirate maps only have like 20 or so enemies, so lots and lots of remakes.

Regarding the speed thing, it would make sense, being that these are jet packs after all. I feel a little bummed for those who bought them for plat, because I also never got the impression the speed boost wasn't permanent and I was considering buying one until I checked here and found out it was temporary.
    Last edited by McBain; 10-11-2011 at 04:16 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    I never saw any droids in-game, but it only took a couple hours to get all four. Less time than I thought. The green one especially went faster than I expected. The best map for this one is Dead Man Cave. Red actually seemed like it took the longest because all the pirate maps only have like 20 or so enemies, so lots and lots of remakes.

Regarding the speed thing, it would make sense, being that these are jet packs after all. I feel a little bummed for those who bought them for plat, because I also never got the impression the speed boost wasn't permanent and I was considering buying one until I checked here and found out it was temporary.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...s-Jet-Packs!!!

When you have all Yellow, Green and Red Jet Packs they can be traded in for a Black Jet Pack (you still get to keep the other colours)

Haven't seen a Droid in game yet but this event is running for a week

Luckily I got a Green Jet Pack to drop from Guardian runs.. awesome doing these again brings back such great memories

Shame about the Speed bonus.. but don't threat just yet.. there is talk amongst the devs about trying to implement this.. but maybe not full bonus (knocked down from 20%) just before the end of event.. fingers crossed
    Last edited by BodMaster; 10-11-2011 at 04:27 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

I just had it confused. It turns out I've had the black one all along, but I guess I thought it looked more silver than black, so when I saw everyone talking about a silver one, I just assumed that was it. Anyhoo.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    I just had it confused. It turns out I've had the black one all along, but I guess I thought it looked more silver than black, so when I saw everyone talking about a silver one, I just assumed that was it. Anyhoo.....
    Haha was quite surprised by the other comment coming from you lol.. all's gd tho buddy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

All 3 quests will be removed from the game. You will not have them in your quest log.

If you are at 53/56 today, you will be at 53/53 next week.

If you are at 56/56 today, you will be at 53/53 next week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

All 3 quests will be removed from the game. You will not have them in your quest log.

Nice one,

Been waiting for someone to be able to clear this up.. would of worked out a little weird if it stayed

Though a little disappointed as it gives us less drive to do the quests :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks for the answer. I'm to lazy to actually kill 1000. I'll just buy the jetpacks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Thanks for the answer. I'm to lazy to actually kill 1000. I'll just buy the jetpacks
    As a suggestion... If you have a close friend in-game, have them lend you the three jetpacks. You can build your Black Chrome jetpack and then return the colored ones to your friend.

Disclaimer: If you are lending your jetpacks out, please only do it with people you know and trust. Don't be scammed.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

* Running solo and recycling Red Sun Pirate maps seemed to give me kills faster.
    Oddly enough, the pirate kills seem to be going slowest out of all. I actually finished the cycorp first, and vular second. I've got about 400 pirates left to go.

Then again, it's probably mainly because I joined rmk groups for vular and pugs for everything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

As a suggestion... If you have a close friend in-game, have them lend you the three jetpacks. You can build your Black Chrome jetpack and then return the colored ones to your friend.

Disclaimer: If you are lending your jetpacks out, please only do it with people you know and trust. Don't be scammed.
    My friend sunlight offered to lend me the jetpacks when I was on earlier today. I have 3 black jetpacks now