Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default hardcore mmorpg players wanted

Play pl like was ment!!!

I was i a negative spiral and wish to get out it , my solution:

i start PL over using no potions

I DARE OTHERS TO JOIN ME AND PLAY THE GAME AS IT WAS MENT TO BE
    rules, no potions, a fresh char, potion user will be booted from games we play.

Wanna join?? just pm me name of ing char and i add u to the guild

beeing a part this guild will show that u r a honest hardcore mmorpg player

edit: removed no plat out of this!
    Last edited by cynic; 10-11-2011 at 03:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    Play pl like was ment!!!

beeing a part this guild will show that u r a honest hardcore mmorpg player
    (To everyone else, you're dishonest and softcore! Hang your heads in shame!) I guess is his message.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ixillicus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

No I think it's a great idea start from 0 this way I can test myself and see if I truly do hv the skills to actually play the game without the addiction of elixir use. I'm game to join in sum hardcore action :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

The game wasn't MEANT to be played without plat, it was meant to be played WITH plat. That's the reason their is free tapjoy offers and campaigns that require plat etc.
    Nourish 36 Engineer | Glu 36 Commando | Tacticz 36 Operative

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nourish For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

ok I got no problem to buy plat and i promise i will, but the potion free games stays!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I'm not saying you need to buy plat, it just makes the game more enjoyable IMO!
    Nourish 36 Engineer | Glu 36 Commando | Tacticz 36 Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ixillicus View Post
    (To everyone else, you're dishonest and softcore! Hang your heads in shame!) I guess is his message.
    nope this wasnt the message, i want a straight and honest game to see what we can do
    im trying to add a solution to the potion game spoiling problem ( i have)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Down with potions!!
    Add me!
    owensbirdie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Hey, cynic. I've been enjoying reading some of your posts. Have you started your guild yet? How is that going? Hope it is going well.

I'm assuming when you say "no potions", you actually mean elxirs, right? This whole thing that I am writing is based on the idea that you are actually talking about elixirs and not potions. If I'm wrong, well, you can just ignore this whole post, lol. Because it is not relevant to what you are talking about.

It's so funny, when I first saw the title of this thread, I thought you were looking for people who use elixrs. Because using elixirs amp up the action and it makes things more exciting. Then as I read, I saw that my initial reaction was wrong.

That got me thinking: the word hardcore has three different meanings that apply if you're talking about video games.

Wikipedia's dictionary, wiktionary, gave me two and Merium Webster game me the third.

1. having an extreme dedication to a certain activity. For example: "He's a hardcore gamer".

2. particularly intense, thrilling, dangerous or erratic,desirably violent in apperance, pleasing or "cool" due to intensity or danger.

3. Characterized by the purest or most basic form of something.

The first definition would apply to any gamer as long as they are extemly dedicated and passionate about the game they're playing. I'd say most players who don't use elixirs are very dedicated. And, it is obvious that players that do use elixirs are also very dedicated. Why, is that obvious? For several reason, but one is they are willing to spend real money so they can get more out of the game and enjoy it more.
    So any person who. is extremely dedicated to the game is "hard core" by the first definition.

The second definition is the one that was running through my mind when I firsrt saw your thread I thought you were looking for elixir users. Using elixirs make the game much more fast paced and exciting and there is more of a chance at getting great loot. So, in this sense it is more exciting and more "hardcore" to use elixirs than not to.

This reminds me of that 500 plat crown. You could say that is "hardcore" cuz of its apperance.

The third definition applies to what you are saying the most. You enjoy playing the game in the traditional, conventional and standard way of group mechanics. And that's great. A lot of people feel the same way and you certainly have every right to do so. But, if you think reeaallll hard you will see that if something is in it's original and most pure state it probably mean that improvements are needed. And very often, improvements are developed. And if not improvements, at least alternatives.

It's called change. Things evolve. New ideas happen. Trends trend. Take for example music, do you really want the only music people are "allowed" to make or listen to is the same music of what 40 years ago, 100 years ago or 500 years ago?

It's funny, an old-school, less-slangy definition of "hardcore" is "resistant to change". I didn't even know this till I went to those dictionary sites. But kinda applies here, don't it, lol.

But my point is, just cuz something is in it's original or more purest form doesn't mean that it is better then the variations and improvements.

You may like the conventional, old-school way of playing the game. But not everyone has to agree with you to be considered "hardcore". I'd say virtually evey player that frequents the forums is hardcore and almost all others too.

Three things can show that a player is hardcore:

1. If you are maddly passionate and dedicated to the game (elixirs or not)

2. If you like that crown

3. If you are resistant to change and holding on to the old-school ways

If even one of these things apply to you then you are in fact "hardcore".

I'd say just about every player on this forum is 'hardcore".

Your post seems kinda insulting to people. Like, if someone doesn't totally agree with you or has a different playing style somehow that makes you better and more hardcore and more honest. Is this how you see things? Did you mean to be insulting?
    I tried to pick up a vibe. I honestly don't think you were trying to be insulting. I think you are just real passioinate about the game, ya, hardcore and you are frustrated by the shear numbers of elixir users. You want to be able to play the standard way but are overwhelmed. You have every right and should be able to play the game the way you would like to.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aikiebo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Haha funny.
    No to potions buyable by gold but yes to 4x Combo Elixirs that make potions un-needed?
    Might wanna rethink this.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Whirlzap For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo View Post
    Hey, cynic. I've been enjoying reading some of your posts. Have you started your guild yet? How is that going? Hope it is going well.

I'm assuming when you say "no potions", you actually mean elxirs, right? This whole thing that I am writing is based on the idea that you are actually talking about elixirs and not potions. If I'm wrong, well, you can just ignore this whole post, lol. Because it is not relevant to what you are talking about.

It's so funny, when I first saw the title of this thread, I thought you were looking for people who use elixrs. Because using elixirs amp up the action and it makes things more exciting. Then as I read, I saw that my initial reaction was wrong.

That got me thinking: the word hardcore has three different meanings that apply if you're talking about video games.

Wikipedia's dictionary, wiktionary, gave me two and Merium Webster game me the third.

1. having an extreme dedication to a certain activity. For example: "He's a hardcore gamer".

2. particularly intense, thrilling, dangerous or erratic,desirably violent in apperance, pleasing or "cool" due to intensity or danger.

3. Characterized by the purest or most basic form of something.

The first definition would apply to any gamer as long as they are extemly dedicated and passionate about the game they're playing. I'd say most players who don't use elixirs are very dedicated. And, it is obvious that players that do use elixirs are also very dedicated. Why, is that obvious? For several reason, but one is they are willing to spend real money so they can get more out of the game and enjoy it more.
    So any person who. is extremely dedicated to the game is "hard core" by the first definition.

The second definition is the one that was running through my mind when I firsrt saw your thread I thought you were looking for elixir users. Using elixirs make the game much more fast paced and exciting and there is more of a chance at getting great loot. So, in this sense it is more exciting and more "hardcore" to use elixirs than not to.

This reminds me of that 500 plat crown. You could say that is "hardcore" cuz of its apperance.

The third definition applies to what you are saying the most. You enjoy playing the game in the traditional, conventional and standard way of group mechanics. And that's great. A lot of people feel the same way and you certainly have every right to do so. But, if you think reeaallll hard you will see that if something is in it's original and most pure state it probably mean that improvements are needed. And very often, improvements are developed. And if not improvements, at least alternatives.

It's called change. Things evolve. New ideas happen. Trends trend. Take for example music, do you really want the only music people are "allowed" to make or listen to is the same music of what 40 years ago, 100 years ago or 500 years ago?

It's funny, an old-school, less-slangy definition of "hardcore" is "resistant to change". I didn't even know this till I went to those dictionary sites. But kinda applies here, don't it, lol.

But my point is, just cuz something is in it's original or more purest form doesn't mean that it is better then the variations and improvements.

You may like the conventional, old-school way of playing the game. But not everyone has to agree with you to be considered "hardcore". I'd say virtually evey player that frequents the forums is hardcore and almost all others too.

Three things can show that a player is hardcore:

1. If you are maddly passionate and dedicated to the game (elixirs or not)

2. If you like that crown

3. If you are resistant to change and holding on to the old-school ways

If even one of these things apply to you then you are in fact "hardcore".

I'd say just about every player on this forum is 'hardcore".

Your post seems kinda insulting to people. Like, if someone doesn't totally agree with you or has a different playing style somehow that makes you better and more hardcore and more honest. Is this how you see things? Did you mean to be insulting?
    I tried to pick up a vibe. I honestly don't think you were trying to be insulting. I think you are just real passioinate about the game, ya, hardcore and you are frustrated by the shear numbers of elixir users. You want to be able to play the standard way but are overwhelmed. You have every right and should be able to play the game the way you would like to.
    without offending i choose option 3, ive been playing mmorpg for years and years now. from the start pl was intresting for me because it had al the elements that were in my other games. with the potions and elixers this game changed for me (read this is MY FEELING AND OPINION)
    all became easy, i could shorten time to become a higher level, i got god-like strong wich resulted in a imbalanced game running ppl and no teamwork.
    the hardcore i mean is about playing fair, potions AND elixers dont add to that (again in my opinion)
    and yes sorry but when cheating a game those ppl are NO hardcore players (still my opinion)
    what if next week a new potion is introduced? like 8x combo for beginner users??????? do we call this an option or is this cheating???
    where do we draw a line??? 10x combo elixer??
    or perhaps a potion that makes you a lv 61 at once???? how would that make you feel about your work and effort??

i guess im fighting windmills, if this is the new time where ppl like cheating go for it and have fun.
    Last edited by cynic; 10-12-2011 at 03:15 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

i was thinking of playing this game and booting everybody before the boss dies, its not fair but its an option provided by the game so when its a option its fair at least when im having fun doing it.
    so if its fun its allowed thats ppl say

im gonna curse in balefort its fun to do so its allowed!
    im gonna scam a lot of ppl because its is fun so its allowed!

(for the less bright ppl , im trying to make a point, im not actually gonna do this im trying to explain something)
    Last edited by cynic; 10-12-2011 at 05:05 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

without offending i choose option 3, ive been playing mmorpg for years and years now. from the start pl was intresting for me because it had al the elements that were in my other games. with the potions and elixers this game changed for me (read this is MY FEELING AND OPINION)
    all became easy, i could shorten time to become a higher level, i got god-like strong wich resulted in a imbalanced game running ppl and no teamwork.
    the hardcore i mean is about playing fair, potions AND elixers dont add to that (again in my opinion)
    and yes sorry but when cheating a game those ppl are NO hardcore players (still my opinion)
    what if next week a new potion is introduced? like 8x combo for beginner users??????? do we call this an option or is this cheating???
    where do we draw a line??? 10x combo elixer??
    or perhaps a potion that makes you a lv 61 at once???? how would that make you feel about your work and effort??

i guess im fighting windmills, if this is the new time where ppl like cheating go for it and have fun.
    You started your post by saying "without offending" and ended it by outrightly calling people who use potions and elixirs cheats. I'm pretty sure people will take offense at the use of such a derogatory term.

Some people may have a limited time to play just because they like to balance the amount of time spent in real life earning real money / real qualifications versus spending 24 hours in an mmorpg. So if a person wanted to make the most of their limited time in game to achieve what they want, who are you to say they are cheats if they are abiding by TOS and even supporting devs in the process?

It appears that the way you define "fairness" in gameplay has been pretty much, one dimensional. You are either an elixir user or you are not. You are forgetting the other elements that drive the mechanics and balance in game such as levels, knowledge, experience, skills etc. None of which can be gained automatically from popping an elixir.

I wouldn't recommend that you put people in boxes and label them because you will never know what their drivers of enjoyment are in this game. Least of all, call them names just because they don't share the same opinion as you do.
    Eva | Co-GM of Eclipse
    PL: Evaruss 65 Mage | Evarina 66 Archer | Evabug 65 Bear
    SL: Evita 25 Operative | Atomgirl 15 Commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

and how did u become 2x 61??

If you dont have the time to play just dont!!

if you dont have the skills learn them!

twisting with words doesnt make the game a mmorpg
    but you all are right perhaps this cheating kiddy games is not for me anymore

1 thing all be proud with your sellf bought char and keep on cheating!

really this must be the american way, if cant do anything just buy yourself in or ask daddy if you can be some one by opening his wallet.
    If u can't win buy it
    Guys really this game got nothing to do with a mmorpg except for some elements that are used in other real mmorpgs like wow and a lot more!

last post from me, u all live in your real world, i never hope to see u in a game like wow because i think u guys cant handle that.
    Last edited by cynic; 10-12-2011 at 06:34 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Wow this thread kinda went in the opposite direction u wanted to. All cyn is saying is that the use of e has made alot of high lvl noobs and with 4x team work isn't necessary anymore, to me this game is all about that. Use of 4x e has made it where all u have to do is power through and not learn ur toon.
    In mmos like wow lotro etc, u have to learn ur skills and where u fit in a party for everyone to survive. Which in turn makes u q better player and good close friends that u know u can rely on.
    Pl used to very much be this way, even when all we had was 2x and 3x. Introduction of 4x changed that, and the sheer number of ppl using it now did too.
    Personally I use e too but only for the long grind to the elite cap on my main. From 56-60 e free and my alt is totally e free so I can see difference in both play styles. One is a pure rushers game the other is strategy and knowing ur role and pull points

21. The Following User Says Thank You to JFelt8 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Geez this a game with funny animals and cute elves we all play on our phones for fun.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ruby!!! For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

and how did u become 2x 61??

If you dont have the time to play just dont!!

if you dont have the skills learn them!

twisting with words doesnt make the game a mmorpg
    but you all are right perhaps this cheating kiddy games is not for me anymore

1 thing all be proud with your sellf bought char and keep on cheating!

really this must be the american way, if cant do anything just buy yourself in or ask daddy if you can be some one by opening his wallet.
    If u can't win buy it
    Guys really this game got nothing to do with a mmorpg except for some elements that are used in other real mmorpgs like wow and a lot more!

last post from me, u all live in your real world, i never hope to see u in a game like wow because i think u guys cant handle that.
    Take deep breaths.. I promise you it helps. Good luck on your future endeavours and hope you find what you are looking for.
    Eva | Co-GM of Eclipse
    PL: Evaruss 65 Mage | Evarina 66 Archer | Evabug 65 Bear
    SL: Evita 25 Operative | Atomgirl 15 Commando

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Evaruss For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Not sure if you played wow but you have health pots in wow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in