Thread: Customize or Plain? Is it still worth the investment?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Default Customize or Plain? Is it still worth the investment?

I'm revisiting this topic...

I've amassed the 50k needed to customize my Op armor.

Is the health, mana, and damage boost of a fully customized set worth me spending 50k + material costs?

An extra 5-6 damage is miniscule, and I had no problems reaching my current level (28). I am very tempted to just hold onto my cash and wait to see what the new expansion will offer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Hey man, I say go for the custom if you plan to grind to 31, and leave it at chromaweave if you're just gonna hit 30 and then casually play. And I'd also suggest waiting for the new gear to drop prices initially, I know when you have money in your pocket it can be tempting to buy the new gears asap.

On a side note, the plat gear looks killer with the badge, just sayin. ;D
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalere View Post
    Hey man, I say go for the custom if you plan to grind to 31, and leave it at chromaweave if you're just gonna hit 30 and then casually play. And I'd also suggest waiting for the new gear to drop prices initially, I know when you have money in your pocket it can be tempting to buy the new gears asap.
    Hmm... I think you may be right. I have no desire to grind to 31 at all. The upgrade from lv15 to lv30 equipment (and rare to epic) should provide me with enough bang that I wouldn't notice the lack of the set bonus.

On a side note, the plat gear looks killer with the badge, just sayin. ;D
    I like the ChromaWeave gear's bonuses better than the platinum equivalent. Plus, I'm supporting STS by buying plat gear for my Engineer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

If I think back to my thread, the bonus (with additional stats) was not that significant, esp when considering 50k (recipe's only) then the 'Ingredients' costs on top of this.

Best bet would be stick with Chromaweave (Not that bad considering) and wait until new content, which im sure will be with us v. soon which means you will not be getting your moneys worth IMO. (unless going for the insane amount of 34,040 xp)

Went out and got both Comm and Op Custom and the more I think about it I wonder if it was worth it.. for my Main Com it was as I use this guy all the time, however on my Op its just there, do not use this toon often and considering I had paid 100-200k+ thinking maybe I shoud of kept it and got a visor (X-Ray)

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

wait did you just say you went from the 15 set to the 30?! I probably would have kicked you from my games lol
    But no it's not worth it...now to sell my set before people start to realize this o_O
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Think custom for commando is a must for the Dodge and the step bonuses it gives. For engineer plat>custom unless your trying to be a damage engineer. Again I think custom for open but don't play open much. All classes have their strengths and weaknesses just go with what role suits you best.

ZERO COMMANDO
    Follow me on Twitter @Zero_SLegends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua View Post
    wait did you just say you went from the 15 set to the 30?! I probably would have kicked you from my games lol
    But no it's not worth it...now to sell my set before people start to realize this o_O
    It's not that bad, really. In truth, I'm currently running in premium character lv15 legs/arms/chest and platinum lv25 helm/boots.

The premium character sets provide the next level of prefix. Even though I'm running with lv15 gear, I have the stat bonuses of lv20. The only thing that suffers is my armor stat, and that isn't important to an Operative.

I also don't run around with bad weapons. I currently use the Strange Metal Pistols.

As far as being booted, I only play hostless games... One bad boot experience on my better-equipped Engineer ruined that for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Acyer View Post
    Think custom for commando is a must for the Dodge and the step bonuses it gives. For engineer plat>custom unless your trying to be a damage engineer. Again I think custom for open but don't play open much. All classes have their strengths and weaknesses just go with what role suits you best.
    Damn that Auto-Correct..

Quote Originally Posted by IBNobody View Post
    It's not that bad, really. In truth, I'm currently running in premium character lv15 legs/arms/chest and platinum lv25 helm/boots.

The premium character sets provide the next level of prefix. Even though I'm running with lv15 gear, I have the stat bonuses of lv20. The only thing that suffers is my armor stat, and that isn't important to an Operative.

I also don't run around with bad weapons. I currently use the Strange Metal Pistols.

As far as being booted, I only play hostless games... One bad boot experience on my better-equipped Engineer ruined that for me.
    Iv run Op in Premium and can vouch for this also, (Green Lvl 10 Op Dual ) had no problems so far and if what you say is true at Lvl 15 maybe I will just skip 20 gear (except helm and Weapon) totally.

That reminds me hows the social experiment going? did you give up on it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Acyer View Post
    Custom comm has extra dodge?!

IMO it's not worth it when the devs say the next patch will be in a few weeks. If they said in a few months then yes it would be worth it.
    Currently playing Acabero in PL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cabero View Post
    Custom comm has extra dodge?!

IMO it's not worth it when the devs say the next patch will be in a few weeks. If they said in a few months then yes it would be worth it.
    15% extra Dodge 3% Dodge per piece.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

[QUOTE=BodMaster;445183]15% extra Dodge 3% Dodge per piece.[/QUOTE

Those are the stats of regular Meganaut. Custom com gear has no dodge bonus.
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

[QUOTE=Nightarcher;445192]
    Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    15% extra Dodge 3% Dodge per piece.[/QUOTE

That's what I thought if it did have extra dodge over the regular set I would do it. I'm all about the dodge I even use the plat cannon for the extra dodge. My comm had 27% dodge atm with the regular comm set.
    Currently playing Acabero in PL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

i wouldnt do it, 50k is alot of money, to me at least. i would only get it cuz it looks cool tehe, but i wouldnt pay 50k for small bonuses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

[QUOTE=Nightarcher;445192]
    Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    15% extra Dodge 3% Dodge per piece.[/QUOTE

Eh? Unless im going crazy..

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Crafting-Guide

Custom Meganaut Arms 4 Str, 3% Dodge, 2% Hit, 50 Health, 20 Mana, 108 Armor
    Custom Meganaut Shoulders 4 Str, 3% Dodge, 2% Hit, 50 Health, 20 Mana, 81 Armor
    Custom Meganaut Boots 4 Str, 3% Dodge, 2% Hit, 50 Health, 20 Mana, 108 Armor
    Custom Meganaut Plate 4 Str, 3% Dodge, 2% Hit, 50 Health, 20 Mana, 162 Armor
    Custom Meganaut Helmet 4 Str, 3% Dodge, 2% Hit, 50 Health, 20 Mana, 81 Armor

EDIT:

I get what you meant now.. DOHH!

My base random dodge pwns all!! haha.. Here

Should update really.
    Last edited by BodMaster; 10-12-2011 at 08:54 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Save your money for next patch, and if you really want the set, you can always find cheaper recipes on cs, or even try and farm the recipes.

Rodvik - 40 Engineer - Guy on the Couch in Infinite Union
    Fouroneone - Pay It Forward

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Save your credits. New patch is a week or two away and then Custom gear is gonna be cheaper then recipe alone, i.e. less then 10k. It really doesn't make that much of a difference in gameplay, especially if you run with a full group. More convenience then necessity.