Thread: Some sort of talent tree type implication.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Some sort of talent tree type implication.

I love the current state of the game but there's nothing that really sets apart one level 30 from another level 30. Why not add some talent trees that would allow you to specialize deeper into certain skills or skill archetypes (Damage, Healing, Buffs, etc), while making your character unique in the process? (Until someone on the forums finds the best talent trees and everyone's the same again).

I think it would be a great addition to this game. I couldn't find another topic similar to what I'm talking about so I had to make a new one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

+1 Kappelator

Agree that would be an excellent addition, unsure how 'easy' this would be to implement though I would love it to be added in the future

Would also, maybe help players understand the difference in each 'build'. (Stepping stone wise)

Good to see a thread here that isn't I WANT more gear etc.. you have stated some good points and how it would benefit all
    Last edited by BodMaster; 10-13-2011 at 02:48 PM.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I love this idea as well, something outside the cookie cutter build. I've always liked being the odd ball out. Only problem I see with this is having to come up with a lot more skills for all the classes. Granted they wouldn't have to be complicated like for instance an engineer could have a DPS Tree and a Healing Tree and in the healing tree could be a skill that increase health/mana regen but then you run into the issue of balancing again. Aside for this great suggestion!

Rodvik - 40 Engineer - Guy on the Couch in Infinite Union
    Fouroneone - Pay It Forward

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Some similar ideas here.
    Facebones & Dethklock are proud members of Vengeance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I disagree strongly. You can make a completely custom build with the current system. No trees to restrict your skill decision. Trees always require to to waste points in skills you don't want just to access an ability or two that you do. Both my Engi and Com are tailored nicely to my play style and are not builds already on the forums. They're very effective and not typical.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How can you have a "not typical" build with the small handful of skills they give you?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kappelator View Post
    How can you have a "not typical" build with the small handful of skills they give you?
    Go check out the class section of the forums if you wanna see a myriad of builds, ideas and play styles. THEN come back and say the 3 classes are all cookie cutter! Seriously. I think you might be impressed with what other players use and why. Good info to make anyone better in SL